Ft. Lauderdale to Orlando transportation

jamerly

OP - if you aren't familiar with Brightline, it is a high speed train (up to 125 mph) that will operate between Miami and Orlando (right now it is open Miami to West Palm Beach IIRC).  The Miami to Orlando ride will take a little over 3 hours.  I think plans are to eventually continue the track to Tampa.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, FOPMan said:

When you are cruising will make a difference. Brightline train service us supposed to begin sometime in Q2 of 2023. Right now, a car rental is probably the best option. Or a flight.

Thank you! I couldn't figure out when the Brightline is supposed to open. We're cruising the first week of November 2023.

1 minute ago, jamerly said:

Thank you! I couldn't figure out when the Brightline is supposed to open. We're cruising the first week of November 2023.

Keep an eye on their website for current updates:  https://www.gobrightline.com/

If you do use it in November, please come back and report on your experience.

Brightline will the best option so long as service starts, which it is planned to start. 

If not, there are plenty of flights between FLL and Orlando on various airlines, and even from MIA to Orlando as well. Quick flight 30-mins. 

You could also drive if you wanted to. It is a rather easy drive straight up the Florida Turnpike and is done in around 3.5-4hours without stops. It is really not much slower than the train, it is just the need to rent a car and drive. Not sure if you will want a car, or if you will be staying on property or near property in Disney where you don't need a car. 

Both Brightline and flight take you to Orlando airport where you'll need to find a shuttle/taxi/rideshare to Disney Hotel. 

On 2/20/2023 at 9:58 PM, Elaine5715 said:

That's easy.  Besides rideshares and taxis. there is Mears Connect and The Sunshine Flyer that go between MCO and all the WDW hotels

Yes. I was clarifying that Brightline doesn't have a stop at WDW; one was planned for Disney Springs but it has been scrapped.

On 2/19/2023 at 1:30 PM, hrhdhd said:

Brightline will take you to MCO and then you'll have to get to WDW.

We are flying into MCO later this week and have to go to Disney for a wedding.  I originally booked the sunshine flyer but then checked Lyft/Uber rates….they are a better deal for us and we don’t have to ride the shuttle to all the other resorts. 

BL says they will get you to MCO for $100 per person in 3 hours .....

a one day rental can typically be had for $100, carries 3 or 4 or? and the drive is around 3 hours ....

I was a math major and sleep with my CPA ......

do the math .......

and the train leaves you at the airport while a rental car might take you all the way to the parks . . . 

at least until Gov' of Florida forces them to close . . . 🤐

Edited by Capt_BJ