Ultimate O-Life?

AMHuntFerry

3 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Can anyone confirm that the Ultimate O-Life sale is appearing soon? I found it on a reliable site (24 itineraries) while browsing, but would like confirmation before getting hopes up.

I can only find it available on 6 itineraries on Oceania's website.   https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/olife-ultimate

6 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Can anyone confirm that the Ultimate O-Life sale is appearing soon? I found it on a reliable site (24 itineraries) while browsing, but would like confirmation before getting hopes up.

In the Uk the O-life Ulitmate sale starts on 1st March. There are a lot of itineraries in the preview I saw.

22 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

In the Uk the O-life Ulitmate sale starts on 1st March. There are a lot of itineraries in the preview I saw.

The  UK will often get the "Ultimate  deal"  while  we do not in North America 

discrimination against  us  here??? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

I was just browsing their website and found 109 cruises that have the 20th anniversary sale.  Well, actually not all of them.  I guess it depends on a lot of things.  

For example:  I am booked on the Jan. 8, 2024 Riviera sailing from Mumbai to Bangkok.  It is technically a back-to-back.  The first half is Mumbai to Singapore and the second half is Singapore to Bangkok.  The second half has the 20th anniversary sale ($800 OBC) but the first half does not.  Interestingly, the segment/cruise before Mumbai does have the anniversary sale.  

I do have a question, however.  Since I booked the whole cruise as one whole trip, can I possibly get the anniversary sale OBC for the second half (segment) of the cruise?  I do not want to rebook the whole thing.  There is availability in the cabin category I selected on both segments.  

Thanks for any insight.  BTW, I am in contact with my TA who is or will be looking into this for me.

Bill

2 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

I was just browsing their website and found 109 cruises that have the 20th anniversary sale.  Well, actually not all of them.  I guess it depends on a lot of things.  

For example:  I am booked on the Jan. 8, 2024 Riviera sailing from Mumbai to Bangkok.  It is technically a back-to-back.  The first half is Mumbai to Singapore and the second half is Singapore to Bangkok.  The second half has the 20th anniversary sale ($800 OBC) but the first half does not.  Interestingly, the segment/cruise before Mumbai does have the anniversary sale.  

I do have a question, however.  Since I booked the whole cruise as one whole trip, can I possibly get the anniversary sale OBC for the second half (segment) of the cruise?  I do not want to rebook the whole thing.  There is availability in the cabin category I selected on both segments.  

Thanks for any insight.  BTW, I am in contact with my TA who is or will be looking into this for me.

Bill

The  anniversary sale is different from the O Life Ultimate deal

You should not have to re book your TA should be able to get the deal for the  2nd segment

JMO

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Now I'm seeing it on a second US site but you have to call/contact them to book and the price is unclear. I'll contact my TA later today and see what's up.

If all goes  as usual  it should show up  on the 22nd  for booking on  March 1st

• Like 1

On 2/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, Belfastman said:

My TA sent an email yesterday, it's already started in the UK! 😉

On 2/20/2023 at 2:40 PM, Belfastman said:

16 hours ago, hamrag said:

My TA sent an email yesterday, it's already started in the UK! 😉

Are you able to tell me which itineraries they are. I can only see 5 cruises to the far east on Os web site. Thanks

3 hours ago, Janet- said:

Are you able to tell me which itineraries they are. I can only see 5 cruises to the far east on Os web site. Thanks

There are 79 cruises listed. If you wish to divulge which you are interested in and sail date(s) then I can look and advise if it's included.

34 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

so why is the ultimate O sale such a good deal...especially if you dont want the drink package....

seems the only good sale is the Cat upgrade, where you really save, pay for lower ....

Like  any deal  it is only good if it works  for you

If  it does not work for you  then do not stress about it

Do you complain at the grocery store if they have items on sale that you do not want ??

• Like 3

What's either hilarious or insulting is that word "ultimate". As jonthomas points out, the cabin-upgrade sales can actually save you lots of real $$$$. A conglomeration of overpriced and sometimes mediocre O perks is mainly marketing fluff. And this giant piece of fluff comes after the previous giant piece of fluff, the 20th Anniversary sale.

GUESS WHAT WE DIDN'T GET in Feb 2023? A Presidents' Day cabin-upgrade sale!

But then O struggles even to understand what "Free" means when you pay for it in part or in full. As we look at the "cruise-only fare". Or as the on-board sales rep told me when we discussed this on a cruise in late 2021, "Some cruisers like to pay for things up front."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

GUESS WHAT WE DIDN'T GET in Feb 2023? A Presidents' Day cabin-upgrade sale!

Not quite true regarding "we". Those of us with TAs have had the opportunity to purchase some cruises for approximately 40% off the O-website price (non-suites on the ones I browsed, and even insides were discounted). So while I agree with much of what you say regarding the great value of 4-category upgrades and I have no great love of advertising gimmicks, your opinion regarding the "Ultimate O-Life sale" has been read and people can make up their own mind.

• Like 3

On 2/24/2023 at 12:42 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Not quite true regarding "we". Those of us with TAs have had the opportunity to....

"We" is the public, everyone and anyone who can go to O's web site or contract them and engage with them personally regarding any sale and any cruise.

As for "TAs" and claims about them, who knows? Is that every TA everywhere? No details are provided. Including how much money you've spent with them over the past year, decade, etc. I don't worry about mythical unicorns or the aether. I can only deal in cold hard facts that are readily available to be discussed by everyone openly in public.

1 hour ago, MEFIowa said:

As for "TAs" and claims about them, who knows? Is that every TA everywhere? No details are provided. Including how much money you've spent with them over the past year, decade, etc. I don't worry about mythical unicorns or the aether. I can only deal in cold hard facts that are readily available to be discussed by everyone openly in public.

The cold hard facts of CC

"Travel Agent Recommendations

There shall be no third-party recommendation (whether positive or negative in content) of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent or cruise line "personal cruise consultant" (or any other venue by which you purchase a cruise) is not allowed on our message boards. Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice.

This means you should not ask about someone's travel agent, nor should you respond in kind. Offering to email someone your travel agent's name or info is also not allowed, nor is asking members to email you for the information.

Cruise Critic will remove violations of the "third-party recommendation" guideline without warning. Additional posts may result in permanent suspension of your posting privileges."

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/guidelines/#guides_agentrecommendations

On 2/24/2023 at 1:42 PM, AMHuntFerry said:

Not quite true regarding "we". Those of us with TAs have had the opportunity to purchase some cruises for approximately 40% off the O-website price (non-suites on the ones I browsed, and even insides were discounted). So while I agree with much of what you say regarding the great value of 4-category upgrades and I have no great love of advertising gimmicks, your opinion regarding the "Ultimate O-Life sale" has been read and people can make up their own mind.

Discounted compared to what? The brochure fares?

I have never seen O discounting fares, definitely not by 40%. Many TAs provides perks such as rebates, OBC, PPG, but the prices are the same as far as I know. 

• Like 2