How long and difficult is the walk up to Eze Village from "the bottom of the hill?"

Turtles06

We are considering a private shore excursion this fall out of Villefranche that includes a visit to Eze Village.  Unfortunately, tour guides are no longer permitted to park or drop guests off in Eze, and we are being told we'd be dropped off at "the bottom of the hill" and would need to walk up, which we are being told would only take 10-15 minutes.   But the only information I've been able to find on the internet is that the walk up to Eze Village is along the Nietzsche Trail, and that it takes about an hour (or more) just to go up.  I've asked the tour operator for clarification  -- perhaps there's another drop off point? -- but I wanted to ask here as well.   

If anyone has done this walk up, or has information about it, I'd appreciate your thoughts.  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, caripoo said:

It is definitely a fair piece up the hill....and it is steep in a lot of places.....we had to park at the bottom as well and went up to the top with our guide. 

Thanks.  Can you tell me that bottom of what hill?  (See @marazul's comment above.)  Also, about how long did it take for you to get up to Eze Village?   Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks.  Can you tell me that bottom of what hill?  (See @marazul's comment above.)  Also, about how long did it take for you to get up to Eze Village?   Thanks!

The perfume factory is on the same road as Eze Village and just a few yards down the hill. Eze is at the highest point and the road goes down hill.Use Google maps.

I think the OP's tour guide must be referring to dropping off near this location, or perhaps a little further up the hill:

https://goo.gl/maps/PDnxwjSPoAhTjisE6

They most certainly would not expect you to climb the Nietsche trail from the Sea, but I would confirm this with your guide.  Using the link above, put Google Maps in Street View mode and "walk up the hill" to see how long and difficult it is.  You will see lots of people walking it on the screen.  Yes, it is uphill.  But it's not Nietzsche Trail uphill.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2023 at 11:19 AM, Turtles06 said:

The bottom of the hill is the last place anyone can park cars......It probably took about 25 minutes to reach the top....strolling along, window shopping....We had a wine, cheese, lunch at the top of the village with awesome views.

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 5:19 PM, Turtles06 said:

I think you will start from the Moyenne Corniche (middle road from Nice to Monaco etc)? It will take you maybe 10 minutes to the entrance. Anyway there is a tourist office close to where you start.  I just found this page and it might help you to plan your visit  to this very very nice village   https://wanderingcarol.com/village-of-eze-france/  

• Thanks 1

On 2/20/2023 at 11:19 AM, Turtles06 said:

Look for my pictures in post #36.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2746620-vision-of-the-seas-mediterranean-review-aug-10-22-2019/page/2/ One of them towards the end has a picture with a caption of us looking down towards the parking lot.  If this helps, I was 45 when I went but needed a new (which I finally got last year).  Thankfully celebrex got me through that trip wonderfully and it didn't stop me from doing anything.  But there's no way I could have walked it had I tried to go last year before my replacement. 🤨  There's plenty of places to stop on the side and rest. So I guess it depends on the disability.  

• 2 weeks later...