Just learned my cruise is a Soca cruise

OrangeCatRamblers

1 hour ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

I'm happy to report back that we had a wonderful time and everyone coexisted peacefully. 

For those of you that "knew" it wouldn't be a big deal, pat yourselves on the back, you somehow saw through a very slick pr campaign promoting bamboo and twerking in a way that I couldn't see through!

Perhaps you also reached out to the organizers attempting to clarify salient issues (primarily: will the promoted pool party events be taking place, and will other outdoor parties be taking place at times when teens are traversing the ship doing their own activities) and you received information from them that I did not. Well, we all tried to get information from all possible channels, I just wasn't as successful in "knowing" that what was promoted as an on-ship musical festival wasn't going to be a big deal. 

I'd like to live & learn, so please feel free to dm me at any time telling me how I was unable to get the info that you had. Sharing information makes everyone prepare for a better time! 

The Prima is amazing! Best ship we've been on after gem getaway breakaway. 

I'm so glad it worked out for you! I had hoped and assumed it wouldn't be a big deal, but 100% understand how their marketing made it seem concerning for someone looking for a relaxing time!

23 hours ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

I'm happy to report back that we had a wonderful time and everyone coexisted peacefully. 

For those of you that "knew" it wouldn't be a big deal, pat yourselves on the back, you somehow saw through a very slick pr campaign promoting bamboo and twerking in a way that I couldn't see through!

Perhaps you also reached out to the organizers attempting to clarify salient issues (primarily: will the promoted pool party events be taking place, and will other outdoor parties be taking place at times when teens are traversing the ship doing their own activities) and you received information from them that I did not. Well, we all tried to get information from all possible channels, I just wasn't as successful in "knowing" that what was promoted as an on-ship musical festival wasn't going to be a big deal. 

I'd like to live & learn, so please feel free to dm me at any time telling me how I was unable to get the info that you had. Sharing information makes everyone prepare for a better time! 

On 4/23/2023 at 7:54 AM, OrangeCatRamblers said:

I was one who tried to get Info from them on the other social media site and they ignored every one of the questions I asked on their ads. 
Some CC’ers can brush it off as “you were worried for nothing” but I guarantee you some of them will be on here posting the same concerns if they find out their cruise has a large group/charter that could impact their vacation. 
Those of us with empathy completely understand your concern prior to cruising.

So happy for you that it worked out in your favor!

• Like 4

What would be interesting would be to hear from someone in the SOCA group who booked this cruise - did they get what they expected? It sounds like they were being promised things that could never really have been provided, would be good to know what they thought about what they ended up with.

• Like 1