Just learned my cruise is a Soca cruise

OrangeCatRamblers

Any feedback on just finding out my April 16th cruise on the Prima will be hosting a chartered Soca cruise. It looks like it's possible the music and parties will be 24/7, on the pool deck, in the hallways. 

It's also April vacation for NE schools so possibly a lot of young families planning to go.  I'm looking at other reviews of Soca cruises and YouTube videos and it really does look like a nonstop party.

Screenshot_20230220-194206.png

Not all of New England has vacation that week. 
RI, CT and NY is the week before  your cruise (Easter week)

MA is the week of your cruise 

NH is the week after that 

Not sure about VT

Honestly I would be more concerned about the chartered group. Any idea how many people are going?  May want to check other social media sites to get a read on it. 

Are there many rooms left when you do a mock booking?

Sorry... sounds like they are pushing that this is a party booze cruise "The Ultimate Carnival on the Seas". It may be quite on the nights you are in Bermuda while they are doing their concerts on shore.  

image.png.655a158b4e3e76a40dc05db9142a06ac.png

image.png.2b011c85f104d1e36d5dc8b187a94845.png

image.thumb.png.aefc2cc7e144fc1934efef768be2f198.png

image.thumb.png.f48d5e175512db67b4f50d59711a0ff9.png

Edited by BirdTravels

4 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

I feel old.... what is Soca? All I can think of is southern comfort, but that would be Soco...

Think Carnival-themed, costumes & dancing, and dancehall music. Look up Soca Cruise on YouTube, you will see that the pool deck is completely taken over by these themed parties. 

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

being the anti-social curmudgeon that i am, i would cancel this cruise post haste

Agreed.  Call your TA/NCL today.  Get on a different ship or sailing.  

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Sorry... sounds like they are pushing that this is a party booze cruise "The Ultimate Carnival on the Seas".

If only there were another cruise line with a reputation for partying...maybe one where every sailing was like a Carnival.  Ah, it will never happen 🤣

• Haha 5

Wow glad we will not be docking in Bermuda until the 23rd. We sail from Boston on April 21st. NH school vacation is that coming week 24-28.

Thanks for posting the month of April school breaks, feel better booking during the NH break. 

Hope they let you switch weeks if possible on your end. If not I'm sure there will be some areas for folks not wanting to be blasted with music all day, every day. Good luck, remember when in Bermuda hop on the ferry and head to the other side of the island. St. George is quiet and there are beaches there as well. If you head out early a lot of folks could be sleeping off a night of partying.

How did you find out?  We are being told our April 22nd Bliss cruise is a partial charter but no one at NCL (been asked many times by many people) will tell us anything about the charter.  This is my biggest fear.  I do not want a non-stop loud party with music I do not like.  I want to enjoy Alaska with my family.  It is so unfair of NCL to not even let us know.  Cancelling at this point is not cost effective.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

How did you find out?  We are being told our April 22nd Bliss cruise is a partial charter but no one at NCL (been asked many times by many people) will tell us anything about the charter.  This is my biggest fear.  I do not want a non-stop loud party with music I do not like.  I want to enjoy Alaska with my family.  It is so unfair of NCL to not even let us know.  Cancelling at this point is not cost effective.

Someone posted in my roll call, it was the first I'd heard of such a thing. 

14 hours ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Any feedback on just finding out my April 16th cruise on the Prima will be hosting a chartered Soca cruise. It looks like it's possible the music and parties will be 24/7, on the pool deck, in the hallways. 

It's also April vacation for NE schools so possibly a lot of young families planning to go.  I'm looking at other reviews of Soca cruises and YouTube videos and it really does look like a nonstop party.

Screenshot_20230220-194206.png

UBERSOCA CRUISE 
IS THE LARGEST SOCA FESTIVAL AT SEA!

5 Night Cruise | Food & Premium Drinks Inclusive | 55+ Events | 80+ Soca Entertainers | Non-Stop Soca Parties | Pre-Party | Live Concerts | Themed Parties | J’ouvert | MAS | Comedy Shows | Pool Parties | Beach Party & Raft Up | Workshops & Seminars | Sports Tournaments 

Theme: Spanish Fly

Sounds like it could be fun if I was 35 years younger Lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

UBERSOCA CRUISE 
IS THE LARGEST SOCA FESTIVAL AT SEA!

5 Night Cruise | Food & Premium Drinks Inclusive | 55+ Events | 80+ Soca Entertainers | Non-Stop Soca Parties | Pre-Party | Live Concerts | Themed Parties | J’ouvert | MAS | Comedy Shows | Pool Parties | Beach Party & Raft Up | Workshops & Seminars | Sports Tournaments 

Theme: Spanish Fly

Sounds like it could be fun if I was 35 years younger Lol

Does "Spanish Fly" listed  as the theme have a different meaning than a substance for sexual  arousal?

There may be more than "vertical" dancing going on on the pool deck....

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Does "Spanish Fly" listed  as the theme have a different meaning than a substance for sexual  arousal?

There may be more than "vertical" dancing going on on the pool deck....

Now I have to go and google Spanish Fly 🤦🏻‍♀️😬

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AK Dreaming said:

I always do a google search for cruises I’m considering to see if any charters come up.

We never book more than a few months out so usually if there is a charter like this one it will show up in a search. 

There used to be a CC member years ago who would research all of the different chartered group cruises but I haven’t seen any mention of her in years. It was a great service she provided to all of us. 

Does  anyone remember that?

Edited by styles27
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I always do a google search for cruises I’m considering to see if any charters come up.

We never book more than a few months out so usually if there is a charter like this one it will show up in a search. 

There used to be a CC member years ago who would research all of the different chartered group cruises but I haven’t seen any mention of her in years. It was a great service she provided to all of us. 

Does  anyone remember that?

Unfortunately the Soca group is not an official charter. They are using independent travel agents to book rooms singly or in small groups. NCL has NO record of this group. It is not sanctioned by NCL. According to NCL, it is not happening. Yet the group is planning private parties and pool deck takeovers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OrangeCatRamblers said:

Unfortunately the Soca group is not an official charter. They are using independent travel agents to book rooms singly or in small groups. NCL has NO record of this group. It is not sanctioned by NCL. According to NCL, it is not happening. Yet the group is planning private parties and pool deck takeovers. 

And how exactly would that be possible? Based on your description, this is nothing more than people with a shared interest booking the same cruise.

Without group status, they can't control public spaces on the ship and reserve them for private parties. Without group status, even if they all go to the pool at the same time, they can't control the music played or the scheduled activities.

• Like 4