Proof of vaccine

rev6ho

Has anyone lately been ask for proof of vaccine to board a Carnival cruise? My wife and I are sailing out of Baltimore on Mar 5 and we are both vaccinated but she does'nt have her vaccine passport anymore.

17 minutes ago, rev6ho said:

Has anyone lately been ask for proof of vaccine to board a Carnival cruise? My wife and I are sailing out of Baltimore on Mar 5 and we are both vaccinated but she does'nt have her vaccine passport anymore.

(Edit)

Sorry for the duplicate post. I see a member posted a link in the above comment in regards to what I posted below.

20230222-115024.jpg

20230222-115056.jpg

🍹

Edited by ObstructedView2

I was on two ships in January that went to Grand Turk. When checking in for the Freedom they asked if we were vaccinated, but didn't ask to see the cards. When we checked in for the Spirit, they asked to see the cards. 😎

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I had our cards with us in December when we went on Mardi Gras, but they did not ask to see them.

Did you go to Grand Turk?  If you didn’t, did they even ask if you were vaccinated?  Did you fill out any questionnaires online that asked your vaccination status?  They used to ask your vaccination status online.

2 hours ago, habitatnal said:

Did you go to Grand Turk?  If you didn’t, did they even ask if you were vaccinated?  Did you fill out any questionnaires online that asked your vaccination status?  They used to ask your vaccination status online.

We didn't go to Grand Turk on that cruise. They did ask if we're vaccinated at check-in at the port but didn't ask for our cards. In December, there was no online health questionnaire for us to fill out, like there had been in the past. Since we booked the cruise in March 2022 when vaccines were a requirement, we had already completed our vaccination status online.

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

We didn't go to Grand Turk on that cruise. They did ask if we're vaccinated at check-in at the port but didn't ask for our cards. In December, there was no online health questionnaire for us to fill out, like there had been in the past. Since we booked the cruise in March 2022 when vaccines were a requirement, we had already completed our vaccination status online.

Thanks for the information.  I don’t understand why they are still asking if you are vaccinated if it isn’t required.  How does knowing your vaccination status help the cruise line?

• Like 2

It varies, depending on the check in agent and where the cruise is going. I think some of the agents ask out of habit from the last few years. I would bring your cards with you just to be on the safe side, but in most cases, they likely won't ask to see them. On Paradise last month, they didn't even ask us if we were vaccinated, but none of the ports on that sailing required it.

I have taken two cruises on Carnival in the last three months. Pride in December and Liberty In January. Neither asked anything at all about a Vaccine or a Covid test and there is no port that you can sail to within seven days of any US port still requiring either. 

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I have taken two cruises on Carnival in the last three months. Pride in December and Liberty In January. Neither asked anything at all about a Vaccine or a Covid test and there is no port that you can sail to within seven days of any US port still requiring either

I am assuming you overlooked the image in post 3 of this thread? 🙄

1 hour ago, asalligo said:

I have taken two cruises on Carnival in the last three months. Pride in December and Liberty In January. Neither asked anything at all about a Vaccine or a Covid test and there is no port that you can sail to within seven days of any US port still requiring either. 

How about Grand Turk and Columbia?

22 hours ago, rev6ho said:

The best source of health protocol information is on Carnival's web page.  Social media responses are not always accurate.

21 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I showed it at check-in last week because it's required for Grand Turk.

Do you know if you can show a picture of it on your phone, or do you have to show the actual card?

3 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

Do you know if you can show a picture of it on your phone, or do you have to show the actual card?

When we got off of the ship in Grand Turk they said bring it or at least a picture of it. Nobody asked for it in Grand Turk. I don't know if a picture is good at check-in or not.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, habitatnal said:

Thanks for the information.  I don’t understand why they are still asking if you are vaccinated if it isn’t required.  How does knowing your vaccination status help the cruise line?

13 hours ago, Mic101680 said:

It varies, depending on the check in agent and where the cruise is going. I think some of the agents ask out of habit from the last few years. I would bring your cards with you just to be on the safe side, but in most cases, they likely won't ask to see them. On Paradise last month, they didn't even ask us if we were vaccinated, but none of the ports on that sailing required it.

I think this is probably it. The agent at the port may have asked out of habit and she was likely working multiple cruises that week and didn't keep up with which ports our ship was going to that week.

DH and I are currently om Sunshine, which is scheduled to arrive in Grand Turk tomorrow. Tonight when we returned to our carbon, there was a note next to our door that said that Carnival did not have proof of our vaccination and if we wanted to go ashore in Grand Turk, we needed to visit Guest Services and provide it. 

This surprised us since we are fully vaccinated and boosted, have taken many Carnival cruises since the Covid restart, and have provided proof of vaccination whenever asked. We went to guest services and showed them our vax cards, and we are cleared now. 

Long story short, take your vax cards with you on your cruise. You don't know when/if you are going to need them. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

DH and I are currently om Sunshine, which is scheduled to arrive in Grand Turk tomorrow. Tonight when we returned to our carbon, there was a note next to our door that said that Carnival did not have proof of our vaccination and if we wanted to go ashore in Grand Turk, we needed to visit Guest Services and provide it. 

This surprised us since we are fully vaccinated and boosted, have taken many Carnival cruises since the Covid restart, and have provided proof of vaccination whenever asked. We went to guest services and showed them our vax cards, and we are cleared now. 

Long story short, take your vax cards with you on your cruise. You don't know when/if you are going to need them. 

They don't keep proof of vax from cruise to cruise, and Grand Turk is one of the few ports still requiring it. I'm surprised Carnival didn't ask for it when you checked in at the cruise terminal before boarding for this sailing. I don't think they would have denied you boarding if you didn't have it with you, but they sure can prevent you from going ashore in ports where proof of vax is still required.

• Like 1

We were on six B2Bs on the Sunrise in January, and stopped at Grand Turk for two or three of those itineraries. We were told to have either our vaccine cards or photos of them with us. There were people that were prevented from leaving the ship at that port, and I am guessing that vaccine status was tied to our S&S cards so they were flagged. That was the only port that required it for our itineraries.