Covid related question

megs193

My son and I are supposed to leave on a cruise on Friday. My husband tested positive for covid today. I have had a headache and a scratchy throat but I tested negative this morning. I slept next to my husband last night so I am fairly certain I will eventually test positive. Do I need a positive test to cancel and get a refund?  The cruise was only $600 for the 2 of us so I didn’t bother to get insurance for it. If I am denied boarding from the health questionnaire, do they refund the cruise fair?

Here's the info directly from Royal.  One of you who is traveling needs to test positive, as verified by a test at a healthcare provider (not a home self-test).  If you can do that, you'll get the refund.  For now, maybe get proctored test for your husband?  Maybe they will consider that as reason enough.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered  

53 minutes ago, megs193 said:

My son and I are supposed to leave on a cruise on Friday. My husband tested positive for covid today. I have had a headache and a scratchy throat but I tested negative this morning. I slept next to my husband last night so I am fairly certain I will eventually test positive. Do I need a positive test to cancel and get a refund?  The cruise was only $600 for the 2 of us so I didn’t bother to get insurance for it. If I am denied boarding from the health questionnaire, do they refund the cruise fair?

Not honest, but you could use your husband's test as yours. They require a picture with the positive test and your id.  I dont believe it requires a proctored test.

1 hour ago, megs193 said:

In September I was sick with Covid, but husband did not

In January it was the other way around.

You will not necessarily be sick.

1 hour ago, megs193 said:

Royal is now accepting home tests.  A picture of your positive test with your ID in the same picture will get you a full refund if you or anyone in your travelling party tests positive.  This is for sailings through April 30, 2023

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Here's the info directly from Royal.  One of you who is traveling needs to test positive, as verified by a test at a healthcare provider (not a home self-test).  If you can do that, you'll get the refund.  For now, maybe get proctored test for your husband?  Maybe they will consider that as reason enough.  

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-i-test-positive-for-sars-cov-2-what-is-your-refund-policy-and-costs-covered  

Despite what their website states they have been accepting home tests for a while now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Royal is now accepting home tests.  A picture of your positive test with your ID in the same picture will get you a full refund if you or anyone in your travelling party tests positive.  This is for sailings through April 30, 2023

I think the issue is her husband is the one who tested positive.  But he's not on the cruise, it's the OP and her son.  She's clearly been exposed and is hoping that even though she hasn't tested positive---yet--that somehow they can get a refund since she didn't take the travel insurance.  

Edited by rockmom

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

I think the issue is her husband is the one who tested positive.  But he's not on the cruise, it's the OP and her son.  She's clearly been exposed and is hoping that even though she hasn't tested positive---yet--that somehow they can get a refund since she didn't take the travel insurance.  

Her ID, his test..refund

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

From link :

If you are sailing on a cruise that departs on or before April 30, 2023,  you will receive 100% cruise fare refund for you and your Travelling Party, if any of you test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days prior to the cruise or at the terminal. “Traveling Party” means your family members living with you in the same household and traveling companions assigned to your stateroom on the cruise.

But the wording makes me wonder if they meant "or" instead of "and" in the definition of Travelling Party.  Another person sick with COVID has to live with you and be assigned to the same stateroom?  Let's say you traveled to the port with friend you're sharing a room with.  They test positive and you don't yet, but your were obviously exposed.  Royal still expects you to sail and won't deny boarding just because you don't live together?

If the wording should really be "or" OP is covered even though DH isn't sailing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Not honest, but you could use your husband's test as yours. They require a picture with the positive test and your id.  I dont believe it requires a proctored test.

41 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

40 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Despite what their website states they have been accepting home tests for a while now. 

So,,, they are accepting home tests for voyages that require testing. BUT, where do they say that a home test is valid for cancellation and refund?

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So,,, they are accepting home tests for voyages that require testing. BUT, where do they say that a home test is valid for cancellation and refund?

They don't which is what I said but I can tell you from firt hand experience on several occasions that they are.

• Like 1