Nieuw Amsterdam cruise listed as “Unavailable” on HAL website

Brucefan

Hoping that someone will calm my nerves.

In a Neptune Suite on the NA leaving Ft. Lauderdale on March 12.  I have read that there have been some issues with the azipod(????).

When I search this cruise on HAL website, it is not even listed anymore!!!  Does this mean it is sold out?  Please tell me yes.

My travelling companion and I tried to sail a similar cruise on this exact week last year with disastrous results.  This is a make up cruise and we have been looking forward to it for a year.

thoughts?

1 hour ago, Brucefan said:

Hoping that someone will calm my nerves.

In a Neptune Suite on the NA leaving Ft. Lauderdale on March 12.  I have read that there have been some issues with the azipod(????).

When I search this cruise on HAL website, it is not even listed anymore!!!  Does this mean it is sold out?  Please tell me yes.

My travelling companion and I tried to sail a similar cruise on this exact week last year with disastrous results.  This is a make up cruise and we have been looking forward to it for a year.

thoughts?

It is shown as sold out right now.

While on the NA (just returned less than a week ago) we were told by several crew that after us, they were doing 3 weeks of charters then resume regular itineraries. The first charter was already showing on the Navigator app when we disembarked.

As for the azipod issue - it causes the ship to travel at slower speeds so we had some port changes. Supposed to be getting fixed without impact to future itineraries (unless further unknown repairs requured).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mrs Soap said:

Apologies for my ignorance but what does it mean when they swap to a charter?

A charter is when a company rents the ship for a special purpose cruise. This usually takes place many months or, more commonly,  over a year in advance. This is a highly profitable for the cruise line. It doesn't happen a couple weeks or a month in advance.

What is happening in this case is probably a mechanical problem with the ship, which has been reported here.