What time would we likely to need to be back on board if we leave port at 8 PM?

DorothyB

26 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I can't remember if all passengers need to be back on board one hour or two hours or ??? before we leave port.  The current itinerary says "Depart" time is 8 PM.  Port is Puerto Vallarta if it makes a difference.

Yup. 7:30 all aboard. 

10 hours ago, complawyer said:

also remember if it's an ncl sponsored shore excursion, you dont have to worry, the ship doesnt sail until all their excursions are back

Um, no.  They will wait if the itinerary allows for the delay.  The promise in the ticket contract is that they will pay for all accommodations to get you to the next port and back to the ship.

• Like 3

If you are boarding for the first time on embarkation day, you need to be onboard 2 hours before sailing.  If you are returning to the ship in a port of call, it's usually 30 min. before sailing, or whatever time is announced.  Always check the posted time at the door, before leaving the ship.

14 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

As others have said, it's usually 30 minutes before sailing.  Be sure to reconfirm the all-aboard time in the Freestyle Daily, and at the gangway as you are walking off the ship.

Also make sure  your watch is set to the correct time. 

• Like 1

chengkp75. i believe you are mistaken! if you are on an ncl booked shore excursion, the ship will not depart (regardless of itinerary times) unless and until  all  the excursions are back.

can you imagine the uproar if the ship left the port and an entire busload of people on an ncl booked  excursion hadnt made it back in time. 

if you book on your own, the ship wont wait if you dont get back in time. if you book with shore excursions, they will wait.

and believe me, they aint gonna pay for nothin' they dont have to!

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

chengkp75. i believe you are mistaken! if you are on an ncl booked shore excursion, the ship will not depart (regardless of itinerary times) unless and until  all  the excursions are back.

Having worked for NCL, I can say that this is not correct.  The line will try to wait, but they will look at the problem of a busload of unhappy passengers vs the problem of a shipload of unhappy passengers if their cruise is impacted by waiting for late excursions.  Been there, seen that.  The difference between ship sponsored excursions and DIY excursions, is that if the ship sponsored excursion comes back late and misses the ship, the line will pay for hotels, meals, and transportation to the next port.  And, the line doesn't worry about paying for this, as this is covered by insurance, most of which the excursion operator pays for, and which you eventually pay for, as the ship sponsored excursions tend to be more expensive, to cover the added liability.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1