Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

Moving on… it’s beautiful today. A bit overcast but light breeze and sometimes sunny. Quiet on the ship and in the Have sun deck. Here are my morning sunrise, coming into the port at Jamaica pics. 

1AF8240F-948E-4AB6-8156-F852C38078EA.jpeg

• Like 14

@Greenpea2 I have found they are very responsive on the ship as well.  They do truly want to help you have a wonderful time if possible.  And if they don't know about an issue, they can't fix it.

One of the things I disliked was the dishes in the hallways.  I don't know the solution for that problem but it was more noticeable on this cruise vs last years.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thank you. I have reread it several times and I feel pretty ok with it. I am part bleeding heart and I don’t feel good knowing the chef and waiter probably got verbally spanked. But I suppose that’s part of the job too. It seemed to me that getting complacent and maybe careless is not what NCL brass wants from their people.

Still think at least someone at the next dinner is going to be thinking “there’s that woman that got us in trub!” Not that I am paranoid or anything. Do you think I should order the shrimp again? It was not good and I don’t really want to but DH says I should just to see. What’s your vote??

Give it another shot, that way you'll know if it was a one time mistake or if it is just truly a bad dish.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Greenpea2...things always seem to feel "heavier" when one is groggy.....go about and ENJOY your day onboard while in Jamaica!   You are on VACATION!

Yes ma’am! Will do. Already on my second cruise cocktail, yippee. We are going back to Indulge Food Hall for lunch. Fabulous food there!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SenatorsFan said:

I'd vote for the shrimp, too. If you take one bite and don't like it, maybe they'll bring you something else. Seems as though they want to make you happy. 

That was my thought as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cml4958 said:

@Greenpea2 I have found they are very responsive on the ship as well.  They do truly want to help you have a wonderful time if possible.  And if they don't know about an issue, they can't fix it.

One of the things I disliked was the dishes in the hallways.  I don't know the solution for that problem but it was more noticeable on this cruise vs last years.

I will say that I have not seen dishes in the hallways. I have walked down non Haven halls the various times I have been lost and none there or the Haven. It’s possible they come out at night but I have not seen them. 

• Like 2

My phone has been charging so I did not have it at the Food Republic just now. No pictures, rats. 

we ate there on embarkation day and I know we loved it but I was very tired at the time so don’t have clear memories. Today we went back. I totally love that place. It truly is brilliant. And as far as we can tell plenty of people love it as there are always people there. 

being an Indian food foodie, I focused on that. DH loves Indian too so he semi focused on that with me. We had at least five Indian items and there was a lot of moans of delight and mmmms! Coming from our booth as we tucked in to the food. (Hopefully people in the nearby booths knew what that was all about…)

after we ate I told DH I needed to tell the chef how great his food is. We went to the Tamara food station asked the server there if we could speak to the chef to tell him how much we enjoyed it. I’m not sure he understood the second part. He went into the back room to get him. The chef came out looking a bit abashed and timid, like he thought someone was going to complain about something, lol.  I immediately told him just how delicious his food is and how thrilled we are to be able to have such awesome Indian food on a cruise. He seemed very pleased and said something about a special menu being planned. I certainly hope that will be available before Sunday!

• Like 14
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Thank you. I have reread it several times and I feel pretty ok with it. I am part bleeding heart and I don’t feel good knowing the chef and waiter probably got verbally spanked. But I suppose that’s part of the job too. It seemed to me that getting complacent and maybe careless is not what NCL brass wants from their people.

Still think at least someone at the next dinner is going to be thinking “there’s that woman that got us in trub!” Not that I am paranoid or anything. Do you think I should order the shrimp again? It was not good and I don’t really want to but DH says I should just to see. What’s your vote??

I would order the shrimp if you want it.   If you do not want the shrimp, then you should definitely order what you are in the mood to eat.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

My phone has been charging so I did not have it at the Food Republic just now. No pictures, rats. 

we ate there on embarkation day and I know we loved it but I was very tired at the time so don’t have clear memories. Today we went back. I totally love that place. It truly is brilliant. And as far as we can tell plenty of people love it as there are always people there. 

being an Indian food foodie, I focused on that. DH loves Indian too so he semi focused on that with me. We had at least five Indian items and there was a lot of moans of delight and mmmms! Coming from our booth as we tucked in to the food. (Hopefully people in the nearby booths knew what that was all about…)

after we ate I told DH I needed to tell the chef how great his food is. We went to the Tamara food station asked the server there if we could speak to the chef to tell him how much we enjoyed it. I’m not sure he understood the second part. He went into the back room to get him. The chef came out looking a bit abashed and timid, like he thought someone was going to complain about something, lol.  I immediately told him just how delicious his food is and how thrilled we are to be able to have such awesome Indian food on a cruise. He seemed very pleased and said something about a special menu being planned. I certainly hope that will be available before Sunday!

Did you have lunch at Indulge Food Hall or Food Republic? I like both. 

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

So we are going on Saturday night for dinner. Our last dinner on the cruise. But no pressure, Cagneys!

I am looking forward to your second review. I have always loved Cagney's and I was disappointed to hear it wasn't up to par. I have it booked on my April 2nd Prima cruise and after reading how disappointing it has been, I was thinking of canceling it. I am glad they took the time to reach out to you. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

important lesson: it’s true: Norwegian does read threads on Cruise Critic.

I’ve been trying to convince posters of that since 2002, especially when some were posting their plans to subvert cruise guidelines. 🤦🏼‍♀️

And, yes, please order the shrimp cocktail - a favorite of mine.  And, it should never be “limp.” I believe that’s the word you used to describe it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Did you have lunch at Indulge Food Hall or Food Republic? I like both. 

Oops sorry. I keep confusing the two. No we had lunch, both times, at Indulge Food Hall.

We looked at the menu for the Food Republic and decided against it. while I am sure (based on others’ comments) it is good, the dishes seem to be mostly things we don’t really eat or enjoy. I told the chef that last night when he asked if we eaten there yet, and he looked a bit horrified. Lol. It’s just us, nothing having to do with food quality. There are just some things neither of us love. Like pork, veal, most fish, et al. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

I’ve been trying to convince posters of that since 2002, especially when some were posting their plans to subvert cruise guidelines. 🤦🏼‍♀️

And, yes, please order the shrimp cocktail - a favorite of mine.  And, it should never be “limp.” I believe that’s the word you used to describe it.

Yeah it was limp. So I will look forward to a nice firm non-fishy shrimp trio! Have not decided what to get for entree. I am “steaked out” but DH wants filet (the larger one). 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Oops sorry. I keep confusing the two. No we had lunch, both times, at Indulge Food Hall.

We looked at the menu for the Food Republic and decided against it. while I am sure (based on others’ comments) it is good, the dishes seem to be mostly things we don’t really eat or enjoy. I told the chef that last night when he asked if we eaten there yet, and he looked a bit horrified. Lol. It’s just us, nothing having to do with food quality. There are just some things neither of us love. Like pork, veal, most fish, et al. 

I will be headed to Indulge first thing when I am back on Prima next Sunday. I can taste the chicken tikka and garlic naan right now. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, firstimecruiseronncl said:

I am looking forward to your second review. I have always loved Cagney's and I was disappointed to hear it wasn't up to par. I have it booked on my April 2nd Prima cruise and after reading how disappointing it has been, I was thinking of canceling it. I am glad they took the time to reach out to you. 

One thing I did like a lot about Cagney’s on the Prima is that it seemed spacious. When we ate there on the Bliss all the tables were so close together there was no sense of personal space or privacy. 

• Like 4

Re: senior staff visiting you at your table about Cagney's experience

That's pretty great.  I wonder if NCL has heightened sensitivity b/c the Prima is their marquee ship.  Regardless, it's heartening that they read feedback.  I do the same in my career.  Social media (and message board reading) catches trends and what your staff or own eyes can't tell you.

Anyway, your lackluster take on Cagney's is pretty much my many experiences at Cagney's, regardless of the ship.  I know other people really love it, but it's been very flat for us.  We'll be on Prima in April, and my wife said 'no way' to Cagney's.

Anyway, what was the explanation on the bread that was tasteless?

🙋‍♀️ Another vote for trying the shrimp again. That way you can compare the first meal with the “improved” one.  Like another poster said….if you still don’t like it, order something else.

1 hour ago, JGmf said:

Re: senior staff visiting you at your table about Cagney's experience

That's pretty great.  I wonder if NCL has heightened sensitivity b/c the Prima is their marquee ship.  Regardless, it's heartening that they read feedback.  I do the same in my career.  Social media (and message board reading) catches trends and what your staff or own eyes can't tell you.

Anyway, your lackluster take on Cagney's is pretty much my many experiences at Cagney's, regardless of the ship.  I know other people really love it, but it's been very flat for us.  We'll be on Prima in April, and my wife said 'no way' to Cagney's.

Anyway, what was the explanation on the bread that was tasteless?

I have been on Norwegian 37 cruises since January 2008 and have seen or have been by visited with either Hotel or Restaurant Senior Staff making thier rounds through the restaurants every night.  They are always asking questions about food and food service.

• Like 1