Back to Back cruise and duty free

BBQ Bacon

It was suggested I try asking this question here, which does make sense.

Has anyone done a back-to-back cruise and purchased alcohol at duty-free on the first leg of the trip?  If so, do they deliver it on the last night of the first leg?

4 minutes ago, BBQ Bacon said:

It was suggested I try asking this question here, which does make sense.

Has anyone done a back-to-back cruise and purchased alcohol at duty-free on the first leg of the trip?  If so, do they deliver it on the last night of the first leg?

I wait for the last day if I'm buying onboard so I can take it back to my cabin. .. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, ngrund said:

I would think that customs rules would not allow it to be on the first leg.

I wouldn't think that customs has any interest until an item is brought ashore. There are many items that you can purchase and have right away, and the restriction on liquor is only to protect the ship's profit on drinks sold during the cruise. The same reason you aren't allowed to bring a bottle of liquor onto the ship at the beginning of your cruise.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daycare Provider said:

We are doing a B2B in April..MY TA encourages us to purchase our on board alcohol the last night of our first leg.  Then we will have it in our cabin for the second leg...

We have purchased alcohol the last day of the first leg and taken it back to our room with us.  They don’t seem to check or have a way of knowing if you are B2B.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Last October I purchased alcohol on the first leg of a b2b and it was delivered to my room on the last night of the first leg. Since we're D+, there was no need to open up the bottles.

I also purchased first leg last year and I was told it would be delivered.  Nothing showed up. Finally tracked it down and they held it. Just added confusion.  .. just seems to depend on the ship I guess. Now I just wait unless they are running out. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 12:19 PM, Fouremco said:

I wouldn't think that customs has any interest until an item is brought ashore. There are many items that you can purchase and have right away, and the restriction on liquor is only to protect the ship's profit on drinks sold during the cruise. The same reason you aren't allowed to bring a bottle of liquor onto the ship at the beginning of your cruise.

Customs doesn’t come into play here 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruznqueen said:

Can I ask this….we are doing our first b2b in April.  Do we bring 4 bottles of wine onboard the first day?  
thanks

Since you need a particular vintage that is not available on the ship for medical reasons, I will help you out with your back to back issue. Yes, you could bring 4 four bottles of your medically necessary wine onto the ship on the first day. And then bring two more bottles upon embarkation of the second cruise. (Of course, this requires you to head to the store between cruises to pick up said bottles) 

• Haha 1