Live From the Royal 2/25 with B2B through 3/12

Cruise Raider

4 hours ago, Plato123 said:

Thanks for everything you posted so far. We will be on the March 2 sailing and are quite happy to see what wines will be available in our premier package. This willl be our first Princess cruise. One thing I am uncertain about is where we drop off our luggage when we arrive at the cruise terminal.  We have an early boarding and hope to get settled and have a nice embarkation lunch in the MDR.  Do you know which MDR is open for lunch on embarkation day?

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Pier 27 is awesome and has a large circular drive through.  Wherever your ride drops you off, there will be a porter nearby to pick up your luggage.  
The Concerto dining room on deck 6 midship will be open for embarkation lunch from noon to 1:30 PM.  
The food has been excellent so far.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kilili said:

@HaveDogWillTravel and @Cruise Raiderthank you for the review.  I am curious, on the drinks menu that @HaveDogWillTravel posted, some of the spirits in the "Included with Premier" are under the 15.00 limit, but don't appear on the "Included with Plus".  Curious to know if they would be allowed with the Plus with no surcharge. (I guess at some point they might go up in price, but for now?).

Have a great cruise.

Anything on under $15 is allowed under the plus package with no surcharge.  

1 hour ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you so much. @Cruise Raider

I am curious if we met before. We’ve been on a lot of cruises. I’d love to meet you next week.

My husband and I have not been assigned our cabin yet. It’s a mini suite, Thank yiu for doing this. @HaveDogWillTravelthank you for drink menus. It looks like some of the plus is higher than $15. Good to know.

Also @Cruise Raideri see you were able to switch to coffee in mini bar. Isn’t specialty coffee already included?

We are bringing a first time cruiser with us.

Enjoy your trip.

Im sure we probably have met .. we also go on a lot of cruises, especially since the restart. I do tend to cruise with @HaveDogWillTravel frequently.  
I was going to trade my minibar out as we already have the package.  I was just going to inquire what I could trade it out for in case someone out there wants to know.  

I didn’t get a lot done yesterday because I was so interested in meeting up with old friends that are onboard.  Wow, it was so much fun! 

thank you .. this is starting out to be another perfect cruise!  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha. Most appreciative for your reports. As you know, your vacation is priority so post when you can and of course include food pictures.

sorry .. I have a hard and fast rule about phones in the MDR.  Possibly, someone else will post photos.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lbfluffy said:

Thank you so much. @Cruise Raider

I am curious if we met before. We’ve been on a lot of cruises. I’d love to meet you next week.

My husband and I have not been assigned our cabin yet. It’s a mini suite, Thank yiu for doing this. @HaveDogWillTravelthank you for drink menus. It looks like some of the plus is higher than $15. Good to know.

Also @Cruise Raideri see you were able to switch to coffee in mini bar. Isn’t specialty coffee already included?

We are bringing a first time cruiser with us.

Enjoy your trip.

I am a bit confused by the Coffee Package.  Is it not included in the Premier Package?  Also what other things can you swap out the mini bar booze setup for?

3 minutes ago, Plato123 said:

I am a bit confused by the Coffee Package.  Is it not included in the Premier Package?  Also what other things can you swap out the mini bar booze setup for?

Coffee drinks are covered under both the plus and premier packages. If you want to trade out your booze it could be dot wine, soft drinks or water. But wait they are all covered also. Do you 

not drink alcohol ?  If not what is the purpose in getting plus or premier ?

Edited by memoak
  • Like 1

The mini bar can be swapped out for the digital coffee card.  

The passes to the enclave is $299 for a 15 night sailing on this ship.  There are no discounts for couples.  

also, since this was brought up, the plus and premier packages no longer stating that coffees are unlimited in the packages.  I just confirmed that non alcoholic drinks are unlimited.  

BTW, there is a complimentary Zumba exercise class in the piazza.  There was also a small one outside as well.  

The juice bar was all set up and ready to go in the Horizon Court this morning.  Nobody was in line.

• Like 2

Sorry for the repeats in that one post above.  
anyway, there are no stated dairy free options in the IC.  I will check again for later in the day … this is still breakfast.  
they do have fruit and some avocado toast options that would be dairy free.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The mini bar can be swapped out for the digital coffee card.  

The passes to the enclave is $299 for a 15 night sailing on this ship.  There are no discounts for couples.  

also, since this was brought up, the plus and premier packages no longer stating that coffees are unlimited in the packages.  I just confirmed that non alcoholic drinks are unlimited.  

BTW, there is a complimentary Zumba exercise class in the piazza.  There was also a small one outside as well.  

The juice bar was all set up and ready to go in the Horizon Court this morning.  Nobody was in line.

Was the juice bar free or do you need the 'new' 60$ plus package?

I’m following. Are the fitness classes available yet? And if so can I take my husband’s class since he is definitely not interested in that. I am not sure if this is correct, but the guest service rep on Princess said I would get 10 percent off Enclave with my Elite. I am receiving conflicting information.

Again, @Cruise Raider 

and @HaveDogWillTravel I am so appreciative for your information.

Jessica 

38 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Sorry for the repeats in that one post above.  
anyway, there are no stated dairy free options in the IC.  I will check again for later in the day … this is still breakfast.  
they do have fruit and some avocado toast options that would be dairy free.  

Sometimes even avocado toast is not dairy free because something is added.  I hope you find some lunch and late night options for me (and everyone else with this problem). Thank you so much for checking!   

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LouChamp said:

Aloha.  Absolutely. Most respected. Enjoy vacay!

image.thumb.png.f6f6b7cbda7dcea1e0dd0ba07825bcb4.png
We may or may not go to the formal dinner tonight.  This is the menu from the app.  

we tried to hit up the chicken Korma in the MDR for lunch and it was crazy packed with a line way down past the main entrance of Alfredo’s.  I now saw the lines that reflects the passenger capacity. we went upstairs to the grill and had a wonderful lunch of chicken tacos.  Very tasty!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kb4683 said:

@Cruise Raider and @HaveDogWillTravel

Thank you for all so far.  One question…did you purchase the Princess Plus before the price increases?  If so, are they honoring your package as if you paid today’s rate?

TY

so, we paid $50 for the plus package and it would be $10 a day pp to upgrade to the new plus package or $30 a day pp  to upgrade to the premier package.  

• Thanks 1