Repricing Cruises Booked Onboard

Provence55always

We booked three cruises onboard, now we see the prices have reduced. We got very good OBC with each cruise. Now when we try to price match we have been told we will loose our original OBC is this correct. My husband is convinced we were told we could price match before final payment and keep our original OBC.

I would appreciate if anyone can help out. Thanks in advance.

Since you are in Ireland your terms are going to be different that us in North America.    When you re-price you always lose any promo OBC which comes with the current promo but at least in NA the onboard booking OBC is not lost as long as you are just changing the price.

If for some reason they are doing a cancel and rebook the onboard booking status is lost along with the OBC.

Make sure they know  you want to keep the same reservation number and reprice.  Hopefully others from Ireland or the UK can chime in with their experience.

Edited by wrk2cruise

That depends on the source of the OBC. You should not lose the OBC for booking onboard but if the cruise you booked also had an OBC promotion, you get whatever promotion exists when you re-price. If there is no OBC offered on the lower price, then you lose it.

Good morning (from Chicago), Noreen.  The intention of the OBC from the onboard booking promotion is for the OBC offered by Celebrity to be carried along with a re-priced reservation as Peader is thinking (the booking number needs to stay the same during the re-pricing for this to happen).  However the fine print at the bottom of the onboard booking form says "For Full Terms and Conditions, visit your Cruise Sales Team onboard and/or the Celebrity Cruises website in your country of residence".  So as @wrk2cruise, suggested it's possible that this is not true since T&Cs and even sales promotions do differ by region.  Anyway you may need to call Celebrity or your travel agent (if you used one) to know for sure.  Hopefully the OBC does carry over as that is one of the big inducements for booking onboard.  I hope you and your husband are doing well.

David

AA10759F-F58B-4954-8D86-FC16E5A4F421.jpe

image.thumb.png.f06d16b129409db7bcbad22f77c3c9cf.png

Edited by mahdnc

I believer T&C are determined by Country of Residence.   I know for a fact that as a U.S. Resident I have repriced many bookings I've made on board and never lost any OBC.   

I do know that many terms for UK, Ireland and EC have much different terms and afford certain protections that U.S. bookings don't get.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Provence55always said:

Thank you all for replies. David we are both doing fine, hope you both are as well. After much searching on the Ireland 🇮🇪 Terms and Conditions I came across the following. But I will ring Celebrity again tomorrow. 

0B0BE863-2EE6-4008-B88D-A93288EDAC82.png

Ugh