Good spirits bar-Sky Princess plus beverage package

Ali S

I’m trying to find out the cost of the cocktails in that bar since the drinks package changes on 20th February. Just wondering wether it is necessary now to have to upgrade to the premium package to drink at Good spirits. I know you can pay the price difference if it’s over $15. They all were under $15 last month, does anyone know the current prices?

Thanks all 😊

4 hours ago, CruisnDeb said:

Can someone onboard post how much the drinks at Good Spirits Bar are?  Maybe take a pic of the menu with prices if possible?  Thanks.

I'm onboard right now. I've got a live thread going and I'll either post it there or edit this comment with a picture. Maybe both if my CRS disease takes the day off.

I will say anecdotally there are plenty of options under $15 to the point I haven't even really thought of looking closer at what isn't included but I haven't spent much time at GS yet. The standout unavailable/discontinued spirits so far are Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, and Crown Royal.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

I'm onboard right now. I've got a live thread going and I'll either post it there or edit this comment with a picture. Maybe both if my CRS disease takes the day off.

I will say anecdotally there are plenty of options under $15 to the point I haven't even really thought of looking closer at what isn't included but I haven't spent much time at GS yet. The standout unavailable/discontinued spirits so far are Maker's Mark, Knob Creek, and Crown Royal.

I own this coffee mug lol. I appreciate you getting the price list. 

026187CB-D8D9-48A8-BBE0-22557A5446F6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CruisnDeb said:

I own this coffee mug lol. I appreciate you getting the price list. 

026187CB-D8D9-48A8-BBE0-22557A5446F6.jpeg

That's a beautiful chalice you have yourself there. Please don't hesitate to poke me if I forget. They open in about 90 min today so if you haven't heard back by tomorrow a nudge/gentle tap/aggressive shove is perfectly fine.

• Thanks 1

Spent a lot of time there last week - tell Elliot his Kentucky friends from last week said hi!  It's his first week running the bar there.  He was practicing on us last week.  He is really funny - very dry sense of humor.  The pumpkin "St Lucia" cocktails is one of the best I've had.

Edited by UKWildcatCruiser
spelling

5 minutes ago, UKWildcatCruiser said:

Spent a lot of time there last week - tell Elliot his Kentucky friends from last week said hi!  It's his first week running the bar there.  He was practicing on us last week.  He is really funny - very dry sense of humor.  The pumpkin "St Lucia" cocktails is one of the best I've had.

@_rusty_shackleford now we know what happened to all the Kentucky bourbon 🥃 

1 hour ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

That's a beautiful chalice you have yourself there. Please don't hesitate to poke me if I forget. They open in about 90 min today so if you haven't heard back by tomorrow a nudge/gentle tap/aggressive shove is perfectly fine.

2 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Disappointing that Makers Mark & Knob Creek are not around.  Can you report back what bourbon they are serving?  Many thanks.

3 minutes ago, Veranda View II said:

Disappointing that Makers Mark & Knob Creek are not around.  Can you report back what bourbon they are serving?  Many thanks.

Buffalo Trace is plentiful, as is Woodford (both standard and Princess select). I have also seen Jim Beam White, Bulleit, and Old Forester (I think 1870).

Also JD Black and Rye but neither of those are bourbons.

Rusty, that list of plus package wines is shocking, almost criminal. For a few listed,  I can buy nearly 2 bottles locally for what Princess charges for one glass.

The Premier options are much more realistic. Thinking the per glass premier upcharge would be worth it. 

6 hours ago, roadster08 said:

Rusty, that list of plus package wines is shocking, almost criminal. For a few listed,  I can buy nearly 2 bottles locally for what Princess charges for one glass.

The Premier options are much more realistic. Thinking the per glass premier upcharge would be worth it. 

Definitely. I don't drink much wine so there isn't really a huge benefit I see to upgrading to Premier for spirits. If you're a wine drinker though yeah I'd say absolutely upgrade.

6 hours ago, _rusty_shackleford said:

Definitely. I don't drink much wine so there isn't really a huge benefit I see to upgrading to Premier for spirits. If you're a wine drinker though yeah I'd say absolutely upgrade.

On two of our last three trips, we had the Plus package and tried the Premier on one. We are wine drinkers, and in all three Specialty restaurants and the MDR, we chose the most expensive wines by the glass that were offered, typically in the $16-$17 range. The total upcharges per glass we paid by having only the Plus package still came in far less than the price for us to have bought the Premier package.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

Public Service Announcement:

Friday, March 3rd, is National Irish Whiskey Day. (At least it is here in the US.)

Please do your part to uphold this tradition.

Knowing what’s served on the Princess line, do you have a recommendation?  My very limited experience with Irish whiskies has been unfavorable. I don’t recall which, but I found it quite harsh.

Edited by BamaVol

18 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Knowing what’s served on the Princess line, do you have a recommendation?  My very limited experience with Irish whiskies has been unfavorable. I don’t recall which, but I found it quite harsh.

The menu I just saw in another thread listed Jameson Stout, Jameson Black Barrel, and Redbreast 12. Personally, I am going to be having the Redbreast 12 tomorrow.  (I'd like to try the Redbreast 27 but I'm far too cheap to pay for it!) I also like Tullamore D.E.W. which is quite smooth. (Tullamore is a small town in Ireland. The D.E.W. is actually initials standing for Daniel Edmund Williams.)

image.png.3967712e3190f2e815aa2d6b024003d1.png

Edited by Thrak