Has anyone ever attempted a B2B from 2 different ports?

Jeafl

We have the Magic booked out of Miami in November.  I found another cruise for the week before that leaves from Ft. Lauderdale.  So we would have to disembark in Ft. Lauderdale then high tail it to Miami to board the Magic the same day.  Are we setting ourselves up for a lot of stress?  I know the 2 ports aren't that far apart. Opinions?

16 minutes ago, Jeafl said:

We have the Magic booked out of Miami in November.  I found another cruise for the week before that leaves from Ft. Lauderdale.  So we would have to disembark in Ft. Lauderdale then high tail it to Miami to board the Magic the same day.  Are we setting ourselves up for a lot of stress?  I know the 2 ports aren't that far apart. Opinions?

That's an easy one, so not a problem at all. We once did a B2B on the Magic out of Port Canaveral, got off the ship and drove up to Jacksonville and boarded the Elation. Still made it in plenty of time. 😎

• Like 1

You shouldn't have any problems making connections between the two ports.  We did a S2S in October from those ports, and we are going to do it again leaving this weekend.  We are going on a 6-day Odyssey of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale this Sunday, then going right to Miami to jump on Carnival Spirit for another eight days.  

We even took the earliest available arrival appointment (10:00-10:30), for the second leg.😉

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

I did a carnival ot of new Orleans and also Galveston.  Never again. Stormed and couldnt drive up to speed.  High winds. I had already booked Galveston and the ta did a group cruise out of new orleans. 

I wouldnt again except maybe yours as those ports are close together. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeafl said:

It seems you have your answers from others about doing this side-to-side. Have fun!

Please allow me to briefly share my somewhat related stories. My first side-to-side (sort of) was last year when I had one cruise sailing from Miami, then I disembarked and got on a cruise two days later in Port Canaveral. That was a fun adventure, but neither cruise was on Carnival, so I'll cut it off here.

My second sort-of side-to-side is happening now. I boarded my first cruise in Miami and will disembark there tomorrow. The next cruise is on Friday... in Los Angeles. That promises to also be quite an adventure, but that story has yet to be completely written. BTW, neither of these cruises are on Carnival.

• Like 1