Seashore Yacht Club worth it for a 4 nighter??

Chrisfromco

Hi all,

I've read elsewhere the vibe on MSC ships is very different on the 4 night cruises. Does this apply to Yacht Club as well? There are some great prices on Yacht Club interior cabins and I thought it might be worth a try? Our only previous MSC experience was a 7 night cruise on Meraviglia during Covid when the ships were fairly empty. Any input would be much appreciated!

Our two cruises on MSC were both four nighter's and we had no problems at all.

We are doing another four nighter in Nov on Seashore, but Aurea  aft suite.

YIN was actually $70pp less then our Aurea, but we can't do an inside room.

We just had an inside room on a RCCL charter on Liberty last week, and IMHO in was awful, we want light in our room and a place to relax outside, alone in the mornings and for cocktails while preparing for the evening.

Since it was a band intensive classic rock cruise, we were never in our cabin, so it was barely OK.

I do understand the appeal, and draw of YC, but, just not for us. Everyone needs to decide for themselves.

If you like to be ultra pampered, go for it.

For many it is the only was they will do MSC.

A lot of folks give short cruises a bad rap, but we have never had a  problem, even on Carnival, RCCL, Princess, and Celebrity.

Have we been lucky? Maybe.

Edited by Fla Mike
sp
  • Thanks 1

The shorter cruises can be booze cruises, and I had a bad experience with that on P&O. However, I did a four-day one on Virtuosa last year in Yacht Club and it was great. The only minor downside was that the staff don't get to know you as well, but they're so attentive it's not really a negative.  The fact that you can stay on board longer for disembarkation day also makes it feel a bit longer. 

• Thanks 1

We just did a 4 then 3 night on Mera.  Other than having to get up early and wait then see glee of new folks on 3 nighter, no issues other than staff having to work extra hard due to turnover.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

I should add the 3 nighter had a bunch of rude folks on OC at Lighthouse Beach.

That's too bad.  I'm taking my mother on a 4 night in YC in June on Seaside.  We like to gamble together and the itinerary is perfect with a stop at OC and Nassau.  One of the things I told her I was looking forward to showing her was Lh beach and specifically, the bar and the tip of the island.  It's a shame that unrulys have to change the vibe of such a great place.  I do think that it's a risk we take with the shorter cruises...all the more reason to set yourself up with an escape hatch like the YC.

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

That's too bad.  I'm taking my mother on a 4 night in YC in June on Seaside.  We like to gamble together and the itinerary is perfect with a stop at OC and Nassau.  One of the things I told her I was looking forward to showing her was Lh beach and specifically, the bar and the tip of the island.  It's a shame that unrulys have to change the vibe of such a great place.  I do think that it's a risk we take with the shorter cruises...all the more reason to set yourself up with an escape hatch like the YC.

TBH, it was first of bad behavior of six visits there.  OH and beach still very quiet.  They added a bunch of tables in the grass under trees so you aren't cramped inside.

We went to lh bar twice a couple weeks ago.  Drinks weak.  Second visit extended group very annoying and harassing staff. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, Chrisfromco said:

Thanks everyone for the responses, very much appreciated! I think we will try and make it work. Maybe even do a couple of days at Disney or Universal since this one will be out of Port Canaveral.

We're booked on a 4 nighter next January on the Seashore, in the YC. It was a great price, and we very much look forward to it. We may do the same and stop at Disney on the way down. 🙂

• Like 1