double and triple Latitude points on certain cruises

Just checking my cruise history and found I received double points when I booked a suite (that I knew would happen), and on one cruise, I had triple points.  No idea why. Is there a secret code or handshake one needs to know to find cruises that give double or triple points? I'd love to move up to Platinum for early dining bookings.

13 minutes ago, Mr_Steve_&_Me said:

Just checking my cruise history and found I received double points when I booked a suite (that I knew would happen), and on one cruise, I had triple points.  No idea why. Is there a secret code or handshake one needs to know to find cruises that give double or triple points? I'd love to move up to Platinum for early dining bookings.

There is actually a triple and quadruple point offer currently running (plus an additional point if you're in a suite)

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

TWO EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT ON SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: November 9, 2022 - March 31, 2023 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: Fleetwide - 3+ night sailings in 2023 only

Terms & Conditions

• Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).
  • Offer is applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation only.
  • Two extra Latitudes points are per person, per night on the reservation.
  • Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.
  • Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing FS or Traditional group and count towards tour conductor credits.
  • Promotion cannot be held as a new or existing traditional or FS group block.
  • Promotion is not applicable to Traditional Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour, NettourC, CHARTERS, CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE.
  • Promotion is not applicable to FS Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour or NettourC (classification type).
  • Offer is not combinable with charter or inaugural sailings.
  • To take advantage of this offer and ensure receipt of Latitudes benefits on board, guest needs to provide Latitudes membership number at time of booking.
  • In order to qualify guest must be enrolled in the Latitudes program and have completed at least one sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Offer valid for all Latitudes tiers: BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, PLATINUM PLUS, or AMBASSADOR.
  • Following the sailing completion, the Latitude points will be added to the applicable accounts.
  • This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetour packages.
  • Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates.
  • Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary onboard service charges and/or gratuities are additional.
  • Applicable to AUSTRALIA, NCL ASIA, NCL BERNE, NCL BRAZIL, NCL FRANKFURT, NCL INTL, NCL LONDON, NCL MEA, NCL MIAMI, NCL OSLO.

THREE EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: February 1 - March 31, 2023 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: 3+ night Alaska & Europe sailings in 2023 on the following ships only:

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

• Europe Cruises
    • Norwegian Dawn
    • Norwegian Gem
    • Norwegian Getaway
    • Norwegian Star

Terms & Conditions

• Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).
  • Offer is applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation only.
  • Two extra Latitudes points are per person, per night on the reservation.
  • Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.
  • Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing FS or Traditional group and count towards tour conductor credits.
  • Promotion cannot be held as a new or existing traditional or FS group block.
  • Promotion is not applicable to Traditional Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour, NettourC, CHARTERS, CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE.
  • Promotion is not applicable to FS Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour or NettourC (classification type).
  • Offer is not combinable with charter or inaugural sailings.
  • To take advantage of this offer and ensure receipt of Latitudes benefits on board, guest needs to provide Latitudes membership number at time of booking.
  • In order to qualify guest must be enrolled in the Latitudes program and have completed at least one sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Offer valid for all Latitudes tiers: BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, PLATINUM PLUS, or AMBASSADOR.
  • Following the sailing completion, the Latitude points will be added to the applicable accounts.
  • This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetour packages.
  • Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates.
  • Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary onboard service charges and/or gratuities are additional.
  • Applicable to AUSTRALIA, NCL ASIA, NCL BERNE, NCL BRAZIL, NCL FRANKFURT, NCL INTL, NCL LONDON, NCL MEA, NCL MIAMI, NCL OSLO.

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

For your past cruises, you can dig up your booking confirmations from NCL and look at the booking codes in the top right corner. Things like LATITUDES, LATBONUS, or LATDBLX indicate "Insider offers" and other extra point promos that were in effect for your booking. (If you use a TA you might not have access to this document.)

The current extra point offers are on the website, and the eligible sailings change every month or two.

If you reprice a cruise before final payment, you normally get the offers available at that time. 

So if you have a booking with double points and then call to get a price reduction, you might lose the double points, if the offer has already expired.

This works the other way as well. Although the terms say "for new reservations", if there's a new offer when you reprice, you should get that.  For example I called recently to get an updated (lower) price on one of our cruises coming up this summer.  As well as the lower price, the points went from one extra point ("LATITUDE") to three extra points ("LATRIPLE") per night.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

This works the other way as well. Although the terms say "for new reservations", if there's a new offer when you reprice, you should get that.  For example I called recently to get an updated (lower) price on one of our cruises coming up this summer.  As well as the lower price, the points went from one extra point ("LATITUDE") to three extra points ("LATRIPLE") per night.

This happened for me as well.  When I booked originally I simply had the Latitude code but when I got the confirmation after re-pricing at final payment I then got the LATDBLX.  3 points per night in a Studio?  Yes please!

I didn't even know the promo was happening, I only discovered it when someone posted about it and I went back to check my new confirmation document!

Edited by hallux
  • Like 1

On March 3, 2023, I booked a 8 day cruise on Jewel  for April 23 using that sweet, sweet 50% off AK promo, but I don’t see any latitudes codes on the upper right corner of my confirmation docs. I self booked through their website, and have FAS though I declined the drinks. My latitudes number appears in the body of the confirmation.

Do I need call and ask them to apply the promo? I think I met all the requirements Bird listed above. Thanks.

THREE EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT SELECT CRUISES
Applicable sailings: 3+ night Alaska & Europe sailings in 2023 on the following ships only:

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

Anyone know if the "Latitudes reward insider offer" search page is a good representation of the cruises that qualify for bonus points? 

I've always found it a little frustrating to use - if you click the "log in and view cruises" button (already logged in) it takes you to the normal search page with the "Past guest offer" checked, and gets zero results.   However, if you look at the filter options, it does seem that the results "largely" seem to qualify under the current promotion terms.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ixtoras said:

Anyone know if the "Latitudes reward insider offer" search page is a good representation of the cruises that qualify for bonus points? 

No, it does not and sometimes, other or additional cruises not listed - also entitled to double points or triple points, thus, certain cruises in 2023 get up to 4 points per night (more if it's a "full" suite and/or Haven, I believe ... don't quote me on this sub-part)

In addition, the CruiseNext DoubleUp promotion is also valid still and applicable, as long as it is 4 months or 120 days or more - ask and check, you can do that with an existing reservation(s) by logging into your "MyNCL account" and give it a try.  NCL call center agent aren't always fully or well-informed for their scripted answers with misleading info.

We just re-priced 2 NCL cruises for this Fall, it's triple points per night and the 2 CNC that we used earlier remain valid ... Inside & Oceanview, thus - not a Balcony b/c the itinerary is port intensive.  Busting FDR's myths slightly with a dent about sailing at 100% capacity at higher fares ... not, but higher booking trend, maybe - a matter of playing with definitions & terms, FWIW.

Last minute fire sale for Spring break with the Prima to Bermuda, even Balcony GTY dropped this week, LOL.  

Good luck - YMMV.  

17 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

We just re-priced 2 NCL cruises for this Fall, it's triple points per night.

Wow. Which 2 cruises are offering the triple points? As mentioned the Latitudes Insider page is disappointing.

7 hours ago, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

On March 3, 2023, I booked a 8 day cruise on Jewel  for April 23 using that sweet, sweet 50% off AK promo, but I don’t see any latitudes codes on the upper right corner of my confirmation docs. I self booked through their website, and have FAS though I declined the drinks. My latitudes number appears in the body of the confirmation.

Do I need call and ask them to apply the promo? I think I met all the requirements Bird listed above. Thanks.

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

I booked Jewel from Seward to Vancouver.  I also didn’t notice codes on my rez.  I asked CAS agent and she said it was not eligible for triple points.  I looked through various links on lat and terms and conditions page but still not clear about eligible points.  But when I clicked through email link I was shown a filtered list of cruises and only the Vancouver to Seward sailing were shown.  (I need a shrug emoticon here).

38 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

Which 2 cruises are offering the triple points? As mentioned the Latitudes Insider page is disappointing.

Canada/New England cruises out of Northeast - including NY & Quebec, probably Boston as well.  Should be able to do a mock booking and put a hold on it, if the NCL call center agent or your own TA cannot check for you.  It's outside 120 days final payment/cancel deadlines - just remember to cancel if plans changed. 

Of course, prices gone up at this point vs. months ago with the "original" booking and was subsequently changed before this weekend.  Friends on an upcoming T/A booked last month - coded - LATDBLX ... that's 45 points for 15 days, balcony with FAS promo included but no "free" air.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

Wow. Which 2 cruises are offering the triple points? As mentioned the Latitudes Insider page is disappointing.

Here it is again the page listing details.  Scroll down for extra points offer.   Search page will get you all the insider offers if you select that filter.  You'll need to reference this page to determine which applies(2 or 3 extra points per night).  https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions?hide_hf=true

Edited by davencl

1 hour ago, Ellis1138 said:

Read the terms and conditions above. We have an eastern Caribbean, western Caribbean, and Alaska cruise booked with triple points. 

20 hours ago, Rusty Shacklefjord said:

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

I booked the same cruise on March 4, 2023 with the same discount. I'll see you onboard! I did get the LATRIPLE code on my confirmation 

2 hours ago, dolls123 said:

I booked the same cruise on March 4, 2023 with the same discount. I'll see you onboard! I did get the LATRIPLE code on my confirmation 

Same here. We had booked on 2/22 for the 5/8 Jewel sailing, and were able to call and get the LATRIPLE code added to our booking.

Can anyone confirm receiving the discount for May 22 Sailing on Jewel from Seward to Vancouver?  I don't see the code on my invoice and the CAS agent says it is not available on that sailing.  

59 minutes ago, Socalev said:

Can anyone confirm receiving the discount for May 22 Sailing on Jewel from Seward to Vancouver?  I don't see the code on my invoice and the CAS agent says it is not available on that sailing.  

Hmmm. Well, that's definitely an Alaska cruise, and it is in 2023 (I assume.) So I'm pretty sure the agent is mistaken. Assuming you meet the other requirements (date of booking, cabin class, current Latitudes member) I'd call and talk to a different agent. Unfortunately, different agents often give different answers.

2 hours ago, Socalev said:

1 hour ago, wil e coyote said:

Hmmm. Well, that's definitely an Alaska cruise, and it is in 2023 (I assume.) So I'm pretty sure the agent is mistaken. Assuming you meet the other requirements (date of booking, cabin class, current Latitudes member) I'd call and talk to a different agent. Unfortunately, different agents often give different answers.

@Socalev When did you book?  Could you have maybe booked before the bonus point promotion started?  I'm not sure when it started but maybe someone knows?

I looked at my booking for the Escape to NE/Canada for September 2023, but I just have the LATDBLX, which I assume means I get my 1 usual point and then 1 additional for 2 Latitude points a night or 14 for the 7 day cruise. I booked a Studio, so maybe that's it. 

1 minute ago, Ellis1138 said:

I looked at my booking for the Escape to NE/Canada for September 2023, but I just have the LATDBLX, which I assume means I get my 1 usual point and then 1 additional for 2 Latitude points a night or 14 for the 7 day cruise. I booked a Studio, so maybe that's it. 

LATDBLX means 3 points per night. 

• Thanks 1