Buying FCC after disembarking

FLAlaska

Just got off an amazing cruise on the Sky - Can't say enough good things about it.  I bought an FCC while on board but meant to get two.  Before I call and sit on hold, does anyone know if you can get additional cruise deposits after disembarking?

You have I believe 60 days from your cruise to call and request a future cruise credit but it's not called a future cruise credit If I'm not mistaken I remember that mentioning something with the term of post cruise something. 

And it wasn't nearly as good of a deal as doing it on board where you give him $100 and then you have $100 put towards your next cruise along with onboard credit I want to say the onboard credit didn't justify it with purchasing it post cruise.

15 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

FCD = Future Cruise Deposit 

Oh, about the second part of the question. I just this minute walked away from speaking with the Future Cruise Planner here aboard the Diamond. 
She advises there is NO grace period to purchase an FCD.
They can be purchased ONLY while on board. 

• Like 3

Fortunately Bobbie Gentry has first hand information!  I was going to add that it was my understanding that you can only get that while on board.

IF you just got off, you may be able to call and tell them that they made a mistake and that you thought that you noted 2 but only got one.

They may correct a 'mistake' but wont sell you one unless on board. 

I try to keep at least 1 always available, but will buy 5 at a time when I am low.  Never had one refunded to me! 

• Like 2

I 'bought' 2 FCD one each for DW and myself onboard. The person at the desk showed me how to do it using the App. The transaction did not go through, and I did not notice until after the cruise. Discussion with Customer Service confirmed that there was no way to buy FCD after the fact. At my request, since it was Princess error, they did give us the FCD OBC on our next cruise.

• Like 1

You can get someone who is onboard (if you know someone who is on a cruise) to buy them for you though. They just need to know your Captains Circle number, we bought some for our kids last cruise.

2 hours ago, Womble99 said:

You can get someone who is onboard (if you know someone who is on a cruise) to buy them for you though. They just need to know your Captains Circle number, we bought some for our kids last cruise.

I am not so sure that is an official thing and may have slipped by scrutiny.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I 'bought' 2 FCD one each for DW and myself onboard. The person at the desk showed me how to do it using the App. The transaction did not go through, and I did not notice until after the cruise. Discussion with Customer Service confirmed that there was no way to buy FCD after the fact. At my request, since it was Princess error, they did give us the FCD OBC on our next cruise.

Whenever we’ve purchased FCDs on board using the app (EZPZ), an email confirmation has always arrived within the hour. 
Perfect way to confirm the purchase has “gone through”. 

3 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Um ... the Captain's Circle number would also let them know if the person is actually on board one of the ships ...

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am not so sure that is an official thing and may have slipped by scrutiny.  

We went to see the future cruise sales rep on board after receiving the advice from here, asked if were able to purchase FCD's for our kids who were not sailing with us and she was more than happy to complete the order after looking up their Captain Circle numbers to confirm they were correct.

This has been available for sometime now she advised us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

Whenever we’ve purchased FCDs on board using the app (EZPZ), an email confirmation has always arrived within the hour. 
Perfect way to confirm the purchase has “gone through”. 

We left it late, day before cruise ended. Went to cruise desk and Princess person outside suggested we use the App. I did not think anymore about it until we got home.Will look for that confirmation in the future.

On 3/4/2023 at 3:56 PM, Bobbiegentry said:

Oh, about the second part of the question. I just this minute walked away from speaking with the Future Cruise Planner here aboard the Diamond. 
She advises there is NO grace period to purchase an FCD.
They can be purchased ONLY while on board. 

That is true… however, they sometimes send you an email right after your cruise, offering a very low deposit, if you book another cruise within a very short timeframe.

15 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

That is true… however, they sometimes send you an email right after your cruise, offering a very low deposit, if you book another cruise within a very short timeframe.

While a low deposit is certainly a good thing, I think you would agree that a low deposit by itself falls far short of the principal benefit of an FCD. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

While a low deposit is certainly a good thing, I think you would agree that a low deposit by itself falls far short of the principal benefit of an FCD. 

I always make sure we have some FCD, There are often 1.00 deposit days or deposits of 50.00 or 100.00 dollars offers going on, with $100 or more more OBC offered, too.  The extra OBC is nice, but sometimes we book insides, and it’s not enough to get too excited about.
Let’s just hope that advantage doesn’t go away.