Seaside docking at Ocean Cay

Gambler458

10 hours ago, Gambler458 said:

Hi,

Just booked Seaside for next month.  Does anyone know which side of the ship faces the island when it docks, Starboard or Port?  Thanks!

I’ve been to Ocean Cay 3 times, every time has been starboard side.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the even side, starboard side, the same side for views when departing Miami? I will be sailing on Seascape and love watching the Miami scenery when departing. It's the best sailaway views. I want to make sure I book a cabin on the right side of the ship for those great views. Which side? Thanks!

1 hour ago, blueslily said:

I will be sailing on Seascape and love watching the Miami scenery when departing. It's the best sailaway views. I want to make sure I book a cabin on the right side of the ship for those great views. Which side?

Remember-Port-and-Starboard-of-a-Ship.jp

Leaving Miami, you want the port side. 

9 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Remember-Port-and-Starboard-of-a-Ship.jp

Leaving Miami, you want the port side. 

Oh bummer. Now I have to choose between having a good view (port side) when sailing away from Miami OR having a good view of Ocean Cay (starboard side). Bummer that they are not both on the same side. 

• 1 month later...

First time sailing on MSC Seaside May 13th - from Port Canaveral -  2 days in Ocean Cay then Costa Maya and Cozumel - Have a Jr. Suite on Deck 9 -  would you recommend Port or Starboard Side for cabin for best views?  Tentatively in cabin #9218...

37 minutes ago, Coltsgirl13 said:

First time sailing on MSC Seaside May 13th - from Port Canaveral -  2 days in Ocean Cay then Costa Maya and Cozumel - Have a Jr. Suite on Deck 9 -  would you recommend Port or Starboard Side for cabin for best views?  Tentatively in cabin #9218...

Starboard, even numbered cabins. 

On 3/6/2023 at 5:01 AM, ready2cruzagain said:

Most of the time starboard but I did read last week that one of the ships docked at OC on the port side. 

March 30 Meraviglia was a rare port-side docking at Ocean Cay.  I was disappointed that when I booked it all the starboard balconies were gone on a nearly sold-out cruise, but I took what I could get. Lo, and behold, that morning we pulled right in moving forward. Bonus!!  Got to watch the second lighthouse show in my jammies from my balcony😀

Edited by DGP1111
  • Like 1

Thank you so much all!  TA was saying she was going to move us to the port side because “I'm going to move your cabin to the other side.  I don't like how the divider on the balcony comes over.  It will block your view.”.  But I think we need to stay on the Starboard side with all your input here. Wondering if anyone has any experience with Seaside cabin #9812…or if there is another forum to ask that on?