Valor vs Glory

imola

We are thinking of going to New Orleans and thought maybe a cruise out of there would be fun.  We are typically Royal Caribbean folks but they no longer sail from that port.  We have sailed Carnival in the past but neither of these ships.  Looking for some input about which might be better. Even considering a B2B.  Looking forward to hearing from folks.

They are both the same class of ship so the layout will be the same, just some minor venue and decor differences. They are medium sized Conquest class ships and for me are a good size ship for the amount of passengers that they hold. We have sailed all Conquest class ships, except, ironically, for the Conquest and love them all.

If you go on them looking for flaws you will find them like rust, worn carpets, etc. But if you go with the mindset to have fun, you will definitely enjoy yourself. Carnival has great crew. 

• Like 5

We also love the conquest class of ships, and have been on them all.  The ships are very close in age - only 1 year apart.  As the PrincessArlena'sDad said - I would always go on a longer cruise than shorter, so Glory it would be for me.  If undecided you can always do a side to side - from Glory to Valor, or visa versa!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stobe1 said:

If you go on them looking for flaws you will find them like rust, worn carpets, etc. But if you go with the mindset to have fun, you will definitely enjoy yourself. Carnival has great crew. 

slow-clap-clap.gif

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

slow-clap-clap.gif

6 hours ago, stobe1 said:

They don't call them the FUN ships for no reason - 

• Like 1

Yes we have sailed on Carnival but not these ships.  I totally agree if one is looking for issues they will find them on any line.  If one is looking to enjoy being away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and just to enjoy letting some else do the work then they should have fun.  We are the second group here.  lol  Thank you for your responses and input

1 hour ago, jsglow said:

While I have not sailed Glory, it is worth noting that she is one of the Conquest class ships that do NOT have a Red Frog Pub.

Never heard of the Red Frog Pub so not sure if I would miss it.  lol 

• Like 2

You will find that longer cruises generally have more civilized passengers with the shorter cruises tending to booze cruises.

We sail on Glory regularly and we have been impressed with the work they put into maintaining the ship since its wet dock in early 2022 (where they refreshed most all the public areas). When the Dream was in New Orleans we sailed it regularly and Carnival did not maintain it at all so we find their care of the Glory a pleasant surprise.

The Valor has a higher rate of stupid. More folks fall overboard or start fights than on Glory (we cruise Glory once a month September through March or April and have never seen or heard of a fight or overboard on one of our cruises).

• Like 3

Just based on the ships themselves, I have been on and enjoyed both. They are almost identical in layout with a different decor, but not so different as to be a factor to me.  

The main point on favor of the Valor, as noted above, is that it has the Red Frog Pub inside on Deck 5. We really like this venue as a place to dring and they also have fun games that we enjoy. If it just my wife and I we would usually choose the Valor.

The Glory is a great ship too and it has a much bigger water park and splash zone, so it's the choice if we have the kids.

Itinerary would be a big factor too and we have had great experiences on both.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grantbob said:

Just based on the ships themselves, I have been on and enjoyed both. They are almost identical in layout with a different decor, but not so different as to be a factor to me.  

The main point on favor of the Valor, as noted above, is that it has the Red Frog Pub inside on Deck 5. We really like this venue as a place to dring and they also have fun games that we enjoy. If it just my wife and I we would usually choose the Valor.

The Glory is a great ship too and it has a much bigger water park and splash zone, so it's the choice if we have the kids.

Wonder why Glory didn't get a Red Frog Pub?  We really like it also, kids like the games in there, too.

22 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Wonder why Glory didn't get a Red Frog Pub?  We really like it also, kids like the games in there, too.

It may have to do with the timing of previous dry docks and significant 2.0 upgrades.  It's not unreasonable that they'll be added at some point in the future. None of Glory, Liberty and Conquest have it in the Conquest Class.  Even Dream doesn't have one as it launched the Dream Class.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grantbob said:

Just curious if RFP on Valor has any food options or just drinks?  Doing Valor next spring.

Just now, pinklucky61 said:

Just curious if RFP on Valor has any food options or just drinks?  Doing Valor next spring.

Not recalling any food.  In fact I don't think I've ever seen food in a RFP, at least since the restart.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jsglow said:

It may have to do with the timing of previous dry docks and significant 2.0 upgrades.  It's not unreasonable that they'll be added at some point in the future. None of Glory, Liberty and Conquest have it in the Conquest Class.  Even Dream doesn't have one as it launched the Dream Class.

I think the newest ships don't have it either. I wonder why they dropped RFP.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Same! It's the biggest drawback of the Dream for me. Art gallery? Really???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

On the Vista Class they do have Pubs; two Pig&Anchor and one expanded RFP as I recall.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

I was last on it in early 2020 and I dont think it had the snack options.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I'm fairly certain vista class does not have RFP.  Just the RF rum bar.

Not correct,  both the Horizon and the Panorama have Pig & Anchor branded brewery/pubs (essentially 'upgrading' the original Pub concept... perhaps what you meant).  On Vista it's re-branded as Red Frog Pub & Brewery.  The bottom line is that all three are brewery/pubs making beer onboard.

Edited by jsglow

26 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Not correct,  both the Horizon and the Panorama have Pig & Anchor branded brewery/pubs (essentially 'upgrading' the original Pub concept... perhaps what you meant).  On Vista it's re-branded as Red Frog Pub & Brewery.  The bottom line is that all three are brewery/pubs making beer onboard.

But... do they have the table games there?