How are the Swans doing 2023

33 minutes ago, Cruisegroover said:

Thanks for the info. I am in Nashville this week for CMA after spending the last 2 weeks touring the beautiful national parts (loved Zion).

I searched Fox Sports 1 have found a replay will be Saturday morning only. So will watch that.

Love Zion--did you see Bryce also? They are both pretty spectacular, somewhat like the outback (but I've never been to the outback, just based on pictures).

Yes, keep checking. They do seem to be covering more games this season, and a nice mix of teams.

Safe travels.

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I love many of the canyons in Utah, Colorado, Arizona area, Zion is particularly special though.

Zion is beautiful. Fun place to ride bikes too! (The kind you pedal, not motorcycles 😉)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

we walked it  and it is really beautiful 

Depending on the time of year, walking can be fun or not so much. Walking in the middle of summer would be miserable but in spring or fall not too bad. Even on a sunny winter day it could be nice.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2023 at 6:14 AM, MicCanberra said:

Wow, they really faded out for the last quarter. Hi from Switzerland, our view of the Matterhorn today.

20230608_100509.jpg

Nice view. And it looks nice and cool!

Hope you're having a great trip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

yes  off to Civitavecchia today for RCL cruise tomorrow 

Would love to hear about what Civi is like from someone who has been there. We will be there in November, transferring from 1 ship to another on the same day.

Is it hopelessly confused or is it very clear where to go/what to do??

Have a glass of wine for us before you disembark 😉

ML

5 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Would love to hear about what Civi is like from someone who has been there. We will be there in November, transferring from 1 ship to another on the same day.

Is it hopelessly confused or is it very clear where to go/what to do??

Have a glass of wine for us before you disembark 😉

ML

I have been numerous times, they have markets set up for today, being a Sunday. There are 4 ships in port, Costa, MSC, RCL and Regent. we have 3 tomorrow, Disney, MSC and our Royal ship Enchantment of the seas.

We stay close to the main port entrance, can walk down with our bags late morning after check out.

You should be able to walk out next to the fort or take a shuttle. There is not that much to see and do here but the train station is close by if you wanted to explore further afield.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I have been numerous times, they have markets set up for today, being a Sunday. There are 4 ships in port, Costa, MSC, RCL and Regent. we have 3 tomorrow, Disney, MSC and our Royal ship Enchantment of the seas.

We stay close to the main port entrance, can walk down with our bags late morning after check out.

You should be able to walk out next to the fort or take a shuttle. There is not that much to see and do here but the train station is close by if you wanted to explore further afield.

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm not sure if we will actually walk around the town. I am wondering how hard it will be to get from one ship to the other. Is there a shuttle around the inside of the port area or can we walk from one berth to another, with bags??

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks.

10 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Thanks, that's helpful. I'm not sure if we will actually walk around the town. I am wondering how hard it will be to get from one ship to the other. Is there a shuttle around the inside of the port area or can we walk from one berth to another, with bags??

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks.

depending on which ships they are you could most likely walk between ships,  Debarkb the first one late and drop off your luggage at the next. Then go for a walk to the fort and water front for a few hours before returning to check in

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

depending on which ships they are you could most likely walk between ships,  Debarkb the first one late and drop off your luggage at the next. Then go for a walk to the fort and water front for a few hours before returning to check in

Some ships dock on the other side (east) of the port which may need a taxi, unless you know what docks your 2 ships are using already, you may need to wait until the day.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yes, this is my plan, assuming we are close enough to walk and drop off bags.

21 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Some ships dock on the other side (east) of the port which may need a taxi, unless you know what docks your 2 ships are using already, you may need to wait until the day.

This is why I asked. I thought there was a chance we could be further away form the 2nd ship and wouldn't be able to walk between them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where we dock and where the other ship is. I'm hoping they can help us with what to do once we are onboard the first ship.

Thanks mate!

On 6/13/2023 at 6:54 AM, NoWhiners said:

Yes, this is my plan, assuming we are close enough to walk and drop off bags.

This is why I asked. I thought there was a chance we could be further away form the 2nd ship and wouldn't be able to walk between them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see where we dock and where the other ship is. I'm hoping they can help us with what to do once we are onboard the first ship.

Thanks mate!

what cruise lines are they?

BTW, there are shuttle buses that would help if needed.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

what cruise lines are they?

BTW, there are shuttle buses that would help if needed.

Both cruises are on Princess. I wasn't sure if they had intra-port shuttles, so thanks for that. As long as they have that, I won't worry about getting off and then on another ship. Maybe there will be several people doing this and Princess will arrange something for us, but I'm not holding my breath on that!

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacay to help.

ML

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Both cruises are on Princess. I wasn't sure if they had intra-port shuttles, so thanks for that. As long as they have that, I won't worry about getting off and then on another ship. Maybe there will be several people doing this and Princess will arrange something for us, but I'm not holding my breath on that!

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacay to help.

ML

ML, I found this link which has the next week's arrivals and what dock they will be on - Civitavecchia Port Arrivals and Departures which may be of help to plan your trip between the two ships. 

Port of Civitavecchia: Cruise Passenger's Guide | Port ...

Edited by possum52