How are the Swans doing 2023

I confess to knowing little of the finer points of AFL, although my beloved Melbourne uncle served many years on the Hawthorn Board, and played cricket for Hawthorn.  I do enjoy watching the odd game though.   But tonight, Australia belonged to the magnificent Matildas, who somehow, through sheer determination, and though almost dropping from exhaustion, prevailed against the mighty French.  What a heart-stopping, never-ending, riveting show to the final penalty.  I needed the medicinal balm of a wee dram (or two). First time in history, we’re through to the World Cup semis.  Go you good things!🇦🇺

• Like 4

16 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

into the top 8 now, although they may get bumped out again by teams still to play.

Aussie , Aussie , Aussie ! Hi Mic and Rosie . We saw you names on the NCL Star which we are booked on next May 18 from London . We lost your E-Mail but we would love to hear from you . Joe and Pat 😊🙂📷

We can still be reached at scubacruiserx2@gmail.com  We are pulling for Oz and England !

14 hours ago, Mareblu said:

I confess to knowing little of the finer points of AFL, although my beloved Melbourne uncle served many years on the Hawthorn Board, and played cricket for Hawthorn.  I do enjoy watching the odd game though.   But tonight, Australia belonged to the magnificent Matildas, who somehow, through sheer determination, and though almost dropping from exhaustion, prevailed against the mighty French.  What a heart-stopping, never-ending, riveting show to the final penalty.  I needed the medicinal balm of a wee dram (or two). First time in history, we’re through to the World Cup semis.  Go you good things!🇦🇺

This is so true! We watched the replay and I was worried for awhile. So happy the Matildas won.

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma--it ended up England vs Australia. I was hoping I could  just root for one but now, I guess I'm going with the Matildas.

Go Matildas!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

This is so true! We watched the replay and I was worried for awhile. So happy the Matildas won.

Now, I have a bit of a dilemma--it ended up England vs Australia. I was hoping I could  just root for one but now, I guess I'm going with the Matildas.

Go Matildas!

Good for you!  It’s really tough with split allegiances.  England will be a real challenge:  the one game I watched showed their discipline and impressive skills.  This Wednesday’s match should be the final, so it’s a shame one of these great teams will drop out.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Good for you!  It’s really tough with split allegiances.  England will be a real challenge:  the one game I watched showed their discipline and impressive skills.  This Wednesday’s match should be the final, so it’s a shame one of these great teams will drop out.

Good summary. It will be hard to watch one of my preferred teams lose, but then I can can get fully behind the winner 😁

Go Matildas!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Aussie , Aussie , Aussie ! Hi Mic and Rosie . We saw you names on the NCL Star which we are booked on next May 18 from London . We lost your E-Mail but we would love to hear from you . Joe and Pat 😊🙂📷

We can still be reached at scubacruiserx2@gmail.com  We are pulling for Oz and England !

Yep, now pull only for the Matildas as they play England in the Semis, will email you and Pat next week once we are home.

10 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Matilda finish 4th.

So sad they lost but very nice they made it to the final four. That's something to build on.

8 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Sydney Swans win by 1 point, 11.6 (74) to Adelaide Crows 10.13 (73). All Crows in the last quarter.

Another nail-biter by the Swans. What a season. Maybe they will keep bringing these close games to the playoffs!

Go Swans!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

So sad they lost but very nice they made it to the final four. That's something to build on.

Another nail-biter by the Swans. What a season. Maybe they will keep bringing these close games to the playoffs!

Go Swans!

Yep, that game with extra time and penalties against France really took it out of them. The subsequent games the Matildas seemed sluggish and lacking the usual speed and crispness in attack and defence. Still glad and proud they got to the semis, and did so well.

• Like 3