Alcohol - vouchers and concierge lounge

We just got a deal and upgraded from a balcony to a Grand Suite for the 10 night Anthem of the seas in September out of Southampton.

I have been sailing enough times to know most things but for some reason I couldn't answer this one as we normally buy the drink packages!

We obviously now get alcohol in the Concierge lounge in the evenings as part of the SKY class. But as Diamond plus, we would have got the 5 vouchers each regardless of room. So the question is, do we get both the Concierge AND the vouchers or have to choose one over the other?

Just now, DUBIDUB2 said:

We just got a deal and upgraded from a balcony to a Grand Suite for the 10 night Anthem of the seas in September out of Southampton.

I have been sailing enough times to know most things but for some reason I couldn't answer this one as we normally buy the drink packages!

We obviously now get alcohol in the Concierge lounge in the evenings as part of the SKY class. But as Diamond plus, we would have got the 5 vouchers each regardless of room. So the question is, do we get both the Concierge AND the vouchers or have to choose one over the other?

You get both. Cheers. 🍻

1 minute ago, rclibertygirl5 said:

Is this true on the smaller ships such as Radiance as well?  We are Diamond Plus and will be in a 2BR Grand Suite this summer.  Do we get evening drinks in the concierge in addition to the 5 vouchers?

Yes. You don't lose your CAS perks. 

Edited by davekathy

And another question. I recall cocktails in the evening used to be included in the coastal kitchen. If still the case, is this just to match the hours in the Concierge lounge. I sound like an alcoholic 🙂 - But seriously, I like the ambience in the coastal kitchen for cocktails.

5 minutes ago, DUBIDUB2 said:

But seriously, I like the ambience in the coastal kitchen for cocktails.

Ah, then Anthem Coastal doesn't have a non-table seating area like the large ships. The ambience not as good then unless eating..

Also remember you can order room service from the MDR menu during their open hours when staying in a GS and above. Our favorite is ordering breakfast in the morning and late night dessert just before the MDR closes.

Seems, IMHO...to be ship specific.  

On Wonder, we were in a GS for four weeks (which included the TA).  Even though we were full suites guests...the SL continued to charge our vouchers for the drinks every night.  I would have taken issue with that, but we never go over our six per person drink vouchers anyway.  

Here on Jewel, we are enjoying the CL over our usual VCL bar for happy hour.  It is just much quieter in there for this last couple of sailings.  They never charge our vouchers in there, and we are in a JS.  

Just now, island lady said:

On Wonder, we were in a GS for four weeks (which included the TA).  Even though we were full suites guests...the SL continued to charge our vouchers for the drinks every night.  I would have taken issue with that, but we never go over our six per person drink vouchers anyway.  

Here on Jewel, we are enjoying the CL over our usual VCL bar for happy hour.  It is just much quieter in there for this last couple of sailings.  They never charge our vouchers in there, and we are in a JS.  

It's fleet-wide. If you got charged vouchers as a suite guest, it was done incorrectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

The concierge lounge is a voucher-free zone for suite guests

And here on Jewel...also is for Pinnacles allowed in the CL (we are under the threshold for total Pinnies, thus allowed into the CL this last couple of weeks).   We are in a JS...not full suite. 

No rhyme or reason it seems.  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

So sorry you didn't take issue with this. It certainly should have been brought to the SL Concierge's attention.

• Like 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

It's fleet-wide. If you got charged vouchers as a suite guest, it was done incorrectly.

I agree.  I think the SL concierge may have been happy to charge off our drinks to C&A.  Definitely did not make it right...but since free is free....did not have to take issue with it.  Though I probably should have done so.