Is tipping sort of mandatory for a good table?

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Warned my Workers if they continued giving extra and while receiving extra Tip what would happen. Those that did I Fired for Theft. Took a couple Polls back then, majority didn't want extra Alcohol. Though do understand some like more Alcohol and some less for personal taste. Largest exception was College Crowd at my location next to College Campus Bar/Lounge, they wanted get Drunk for cheapest price. Binge drinkers. ... Sad thing was my then Bar/Rest was few hundred feet from the Michigan State U shooting

We're talking cruise ship, not a bar in the midst of a college campus.  

56 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We're talking cruise ship, not a bar in the midst of a college campus.  

I Know, as said different results. Managed dozen different locations, only 2 were new/on Campus. As former Bar and Restaurant MGR observed and learned lot about Royal Costs/Goals. This also from talking with the Senior Staff last 25yrs. They have been cracking down on extras/freebies, started Pre-CV but more since startup. Use to always make all my Food, Labor and Alcohol costs, Royals is trying even beat my achieved low levels... 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2023 at 8:59 AM, BecciBoo said:

In 25 yrs of cruising with RCCL we've gotten just what we wanted by reserving online with RCLdining@rccl.com or mprieto1@rccl.com .  MTD make request first night.  We walk around on the MTD deck and make note of table numbers when we board.  We have never tipped to get it.  Tipping comes at the end.

mprieto1@rccl.com doesn't work anymore, it seems that the email doesn't exist anymore, and rcldining hasn't answered a request In months.

On 3/10/2023 at 4:26 AM, nimbex1970 said:

We check out our seating when we first arrive on board.  If I prefer something else, I push a tip and make the request.  We tip at home for improved seating at restaurants and I don't see this any different.  Is it required, I would hope not, but that is our practice and has always been. We do this in the specialty restaurants as well. 

You do realize someone else loses that table?  With traditional dining, you are assigned a table number that appears on your seapass.  You are both wrong, the passenger and RCI, RCI has changed tables on us before, and I was very angry.  We always check our table location when we board.  

You aren't assigned a table at a restaurant unless you have a large party.  It's totally different.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

You do realize someone else loses that table?  With traditional dining, you are assigned a table number that appears on your seapass.  You are both wrong, the passenger and RCI, RCI has changed tables on us before, and I was very angry.  We always check our table location when we board.  

You aren't assigned a table at a restaurant unless you have a large party.  It's totally different.

Funny in 28 cruises now with personal requests made and granted with everything to 16 people to table for 2 on the window or in center of the main MDR, we've never had that happen.  So sorry.

15 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Funny in 28 cruises now with personal requests made and granted with everything to 16 people to table for 2 on the window or in center of the main MDR, we've never had that happen.  So sorry.

If you made your request before sailing, I have zero problem.

On this sailing, a good friend of ours was just booted from a table she had for two weeks. I can remember checking our table and finding a table for 6 by the window, only to find our table number had moved to a noisy staging area.  We have also witnessed passengers moving the numbers on their own and getting caught.   

I guess after 51 cruises I should have been aware that other passengers were bribing the head waiters for a different table.  Do we now have to bribe them to keep our table?

18 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

I Know, as said different results. Managed dozen different locations, only 2 were new/on Campus. As former Bar and Restaurant MGR observed and learned lot about Royal Costs/Goals. This also from talking with the Senior Staff last 25yrs. They have been cracking down on extras/freebies, started Pre-CV but more since startup. Use to always make all my Food, Labor and Alcohol costs, Royals is trying even beat my achieved low levels... 

I see your point, but on RCI there is another POV.

RCI bartenders are required to use jiggers.  My problem is bartenders rarely fill them, and some are worse than others.  As you are aware the top of the jigger flares out so if you don't fill them, you don't get a proper pour.  

It's especially evident with cognac or a shot.  There can be a significant difference when I order a double Grand Marnier, a visible difference.  I'm just asking for all that I'm paying for.

• Like 1