Seattle Port Luggage Valet Question

Kruisn'Kay

On 3/10/2023 at 11:46 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Only luggage put out the night before, so make sure you have what you need to travel home with in your carry-on bag.

Thank you for your help! I need to be mindful because I don’t want to haul a lot around the next day!

2 hours ago, Kruisn'Kay said:

I need to be mindful because I don’t want to haul a lot around the next day!

Thanks!  Just remember, besides your day clothes for traveling home, use only the bare minimum for sleeping (remember that there are robes in the room), and keep only the necessities in personal need items, such as lotions, deodorant, toothpaste, hair products, etc,  since they will have to go thru screening at the airport in your carry-on bag.

When you use this service, do you even see your bags at the airport?  Or they go straight into checked bags for your flight?

If that's the case, do you have the option to check another bag when you get to the airport?

24 minutes ago, ski_mom said:

When you use this service, do you even see your bags at the airport?  Or they go straight into checked bags for your flight?

If that's the case, do you have the option to check another bag when you get to the airport?

If you are referring to the free luggage service provided by the city of Seattle, as I recall we left the luggage outside the door the night before and did not see it again until at our home airport.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ski_mom said:

One of the reasons the Port of Seattle came up with the Port Valet service was to cut down on the congestion at the ticket counters, and to get folks thru the very busy TSA check lines in a timely manner.  If you can avoid checking bags, I would encourage you to do so.  SeaTac is crazy busy during the summer (cruise season) months.

• Like 2

Don't forget to sign up on the Port Valet website before your cruise, and IIRC your steward should leave you a form to be handed in.  If you haven't received it by Wednesday stop by the Customer Service desk.  They need to check you in for your flight and give you the tags for your luggage.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Do you sign up in advance of the cruise for it or when you are on the cruise?  I was going to drop my bag off at the Marriott for a few hours (I will have stayed there pre-cruise and will tip a bellman to hold it - do this all the time).

9 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Do you sign up in advance of the cruise for it or when you are on the cruise?  I was going to drop my bag off at the Marriott for a few hours (I will have stayed there pre-cruise and will tip a bellman to hold it - do this all the time).

When on the cruise.

• Like 1

I just signed up for Port Valet for my May 13th cruise and got this confirmation:

Thank you for choosing Bags together with the Port of Seattle to Make Travel Easier.

**Important Information: 

*We have received your enrollment for Port Valet. This does not guarantee that you will be approved to participate in the Port Valet Program. 
Your information will be sent to the ship for processing. When approved you will receive your airline documents in the evening, the evening prior to disembarkation. 

Please be advised that the cruise ship can choose to not offer the service onboard at any time. Service may be canceled due to operational changes and needs that may impact the cruise, itinerary changes, weather, system connection, etc. This includes participating departure times and participating airlines. 

The cruise lines have the right to change this at any time for your voyage. " 

*Any enrollments made online after the first day of sailing will not be accepted." 

*If you are flying Southwest Airlines, please note that your departing flight must be between 12:00 AM to 4:00 PM on the day of the ship's arrival. 

Edited by Suzanne123

I went ahead and got on the website last night and found that I could indeed sign up already.  I got that same message back.   I'm not worried - if I'm turned down, I'll just go back to my original plan of dropping it off at my pre-stay hotel and tipping the bellman.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kirstie101 said:

Was planning on using Port Vallet but our flight isn’t until 9pm. Is there a place at the pier we can leave our bags for a charge? 

Pier 91 did not offer luggage storage after Covid (Not available '21 or '22 seasons).  We won't know until the start of the cruise season about 2023.  The down side is that once the ships sail from Pier 91, everyone goes home, so even if that service was offered, you would have to return to Pier 91 by mid afternoon to retrieve your luggage.

Have you tried to book online Port Valet?  Were you told your flight time didn't qualify?  There is a service at SeaTac that accepts luggage.  It may be worth your while to drop off you bags there (it's along the baggage pick-up carousels).

26 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Pier 91 did not offer luggage storage after Covid (Not available '21 or '22 seasons).  We won't know until the start of the cruise season about 2023.  The down side is that once the ships sail from Pier 91, everyone goes home, so even if that service was offered, you would have to return to Pier 91 by mid afternoon to retrieve your luggage.

Have you tried to book online Port Valet?  Were you told your flight time didn't qualify?  There is a service at SeaTac that accepts luggage.  It may be worth your while to drop off you bags there (it's along the baggage pick-up carousels).

I was able to book it and it pulled up my flight time. But the confirmation email I got says I’d receive final confirmation on the ship and it also said for Southwest Airlines the latest flight is something like 5pm. Ours is after 9pm so I’m guessing we’ll find out on the ship we don’t qualify. 

9 hours ago, kirstie101 said:

Was planning on using Port Vallet but our flight isn’t until 9pm. Is there a place at the pier we can leave our bags for a charge? 

Hi Kirstie, here are the prices for the storage available at SeaTac airport.  At least if you stored your luggage there, you could return back to DT Seattle using the light rail system.  Not ideal, but it's easier than carrying around your luggage.

Here is a photo I had of the desk area

https://smartecarte.com/baggage-storage/seattle-seatac/

PXL_20220524_162210654(1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kirstie101 said:

Thank you! That would be easiest I think! Uber to the airport, store the bags there, go tour Seattle then light rail back to the airport!

Having the light rail there will make it so easy.  Enjoy your cruise and Seattle sightseeing!

Also, look into SeaTac's Spot saver program (app).  You can book a time to go thru the TSA Security line.  I believe you can register up to 3 days in advance.

https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver

• Thanks 1