Ventura - Current Cruise

Waju

2 hours ago, Waju said:

Does anyone know why Ventura is missing Bermuda today and heading straight for Freeport on the 14th?

I think this will mean they have had 11 sea days 😲

11 sea days? Yikes. I’m ready to throw myself overboard after just 3 sea days in a row!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

11 sea days? Yikes. I’m ready to throw myself overboard after just 3 sea days in a row!

Yes, as much as I love sea days, I think 11 on the trot would be too much even for me.

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Sounds good to me. Just the job.

Dai

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Waju said:

Does anyone know why Ventura is missing Bermuda today and heading straight for Freeport on the 14th?

On that note does anyone know why Arcadia has abandoned Hong Kong and Vietnam? These destinations are still showing on the itinerary on Cruisemapper? I am surprised that there are no reports on CC from P&O's world cruise.

11 hours ago, Waju said:

I think my relatives on board already hold a record for days at sea - they were on Arcadia when Covid hit and I think they had 29(?) sea days in a row!!

One of my fellow solo passengers on Iona last week was on Arcadia's world cruise when Covid hit. She kept us enthralled with stories of the camaraderie onboard, P&O's generosity with future cruise credits etc. Apparently it was 33 straight days at sea.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Valfan said:

One of my fellow solo passengers on Iona last week was on Arcadia's world cruise when Covid hit. She kept us enthralled with stories of the camaraderie onboard, P&O's generosity with future cruise credits etc. Apparently it was 33 straight days at sea.

The exceptional circumstances of covid aside, as much as I love cruise ships and have an emotional attachment to Arcadia - 33 straight days at sea, I would be climbing the walls.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2023 at 8:40 AM, Waju said:

I think this will mean they have had 11 sea days 😲

Its the Bermuda triange!!! A few years ago, I was on Queen Victoria calling at Bermuda. The ship started listing in Bermuda waters - seriously listing. The captain made an announcement that all was fine and she would soon 'correct herself'. We all survived the Bermuda triangle but maybe Ventura had a lucky escape!!

• Haha 2