Laundry service days

tectop

Got a cruise booked in May and got a question about laundry service on the Encore. My wife and I are looking  into packing light and using the laundry service . Are there certain days they do laundry? Or is servace available everyday? Just trying to get a idea on how to pack as light as we can, we will be traveling 9 days total. 2 days in our departure port town and 7 days on ship. 

Thanks in advance for all  suggestions on this matter. 

Tec.

6 minutes ago, tectop said:

Got a cruise booked in May and got a question about laundry service on the Encore. My wife and I are looking  into packing light and using the laundry service . Are there certain days they do laundry? Or is service available everyday? Just trying to get a idea on how to pack as light as we can, we will be traveling 9 days total. 2 days in our departure port town and 7 days on ship. 

Thanks in advance for all  suggestions on this matter. 

Tec.

You could send laundry most days.  However, they do offer a mid-week "fill a bag" @ $29.00 (which IS a price break when compared to "per piece" pricing).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tectop said:

Got a cruise booked in May and got a question about laundry service on the Encore. My wife and I are looking  into packing light and using the laundry service . Are there certain days they do laundry? Or is servace available everyday? Just trying to get a idea on how to pack as light as we can, we will be traveling 9 days total. 2 days in our departure port town and 7 days on ship. 

Thanks in advance for all  suggestions on this matter. Tec.

Laundry is available every day. You can request same day service or next night service (there is a 50% surcharge for same day service - not applicable to the bulk laundry (fill-a-bag) offer). 

Laundry available every day - pay by piece. 

image.thumb.png.70807d8d38972b22b3d57ea764e92345.png

On a 7-day cruise, you will have the opportunity to do one fill-a-bag for $29. It is usually around Day 4 returning on the night of Day 5. This used to be 2-day service but has been changed to next day service after the pandemic shutdown

If you are in a Club Balcony room you will get one free bag of laundry (you can request on any day). 

If you are a Platinum or above Latitude member, you will get one free bag of laundry (you can request on any day). 

image.png.eb3fdb77028972f5744aead3732f91c7.png

• Like 3

Thanks for this great info. 🙂

What type of laundry bag is provided; is it a typical plastic bag with drawstring that hotels hang in the closet?

I'm just trying to figure out how large the bag is and how much I can stuff into it! 

My husband and I are both Gold and get 1/2 off a bag of laundry each. Does that mean we have to wait for the $29 special to fill a bag and get it for $14.50 or can we fill a bag and get it for $14.50 anytime?

I ask because we will be spending 2 days pre cruise in Barcelona and we are trying to travel with just carry on bags. We don't want to deal with the possibility of lost/delayed luggage.

1 hour ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks for this great info. 🙂

What type of laundry bag is provided; is it a typical plastic bag with drawstring that hotels hang in the closet?

I'm just trying to figure out how large the bag is and how much I can stuff into it! 

Screenshot_20230307-141842_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, jdc987 said:

Screenshot_20230307-141842_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, that really helps!  It looks like a paper bag. How does it stay closed? Is there a sticky strip? I'd be concerned that if I stuffed it, the items would fall out.

It's a good thing it'll be hot on our cruise so most of our clothes will be thin fabrics.  

Edited by LGinPA

1 minute ago, ggTexasGal said:

There is nothing to make it stick.  We usually just fold the end over (sometimes we use tape to secure).

OK, thanks. I'll add tape to the packing list. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks, that really helps!  It looks like a paper bag. How does it stay closed? Is there a sticky strip? I'd be concerned that if I stuffed it, the items would fall out.

It is a paper bag so that it can be incinerated rather than creating trash that they have to pay to be removed.

Fill to the brim. No need to seal. 

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

It is a paper bag so that it can be incinerated rather than creating trash that they have to pay to be removed.

♻️ 👍

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Fill to the brim. No need to seal. 

OK, I'll just hope that my underwear doesn't fall out! 

For folks in Haven you get a bigger reusable nylon bag. It always came back in <24 hrs, we did it twice on this recent 15 day Panama Canal journey.

image.thumb.png.89bc42dab41844272f4d4880b6c52383.png

Even if you're doing the $29 special - you need to itemize the stuff you put in there. Just write "lattitudes rewards" on the paper slip and they'll either discount the bag or you get it for free based on your status level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tectop said:

Do most of you find that if packing light, 1 wash during a 7-day cruise is enough?

we did laundry twice on a 10 night cruise as a family of 4, but we still came home with dirty laundry (which is fine, we werent trying to have everything clean, just trying to have enough for the duration of our cruise). We sailed out of NYC, which was cold, so on day 3 or so, we washed our cold weather clothes to re-wear them for the journey back. We did a lot of swim/beach days, so we were able to re-wear clothes since we may have only worn them for breakfast or dinner or something. 

The "midweek special" was offered on I think day 3. The little slip was included in our evening daily. But we checked with guest services on whether it had to be used the next day or not, and they said no, that's the regular price and can be used whenever. So we used our free bag first (as a club balcony perk), and then paid to have the 2nd bag around day 6 or 7, when we were running out of space dry our swimsuits haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LGinPA said:

♻️ 👍

OK, I'll just hope that my underwear doesn't fall out! 

Put socks and underwear on the bottom, then roll your shirts and slacks and stand them upright like pickles in a jar.  If you have enough shirts to fill the bag, nothing should fall out.

• Like 2

Did it day 5 and 8 of a 12 day cruise actually put 1 pr. jeans first followed by 9 total all rolled sox and underwear about six shirts   and workout gear and a couple of shorts.  Once got it back next day. The second one was done in a day

13 hours ago, AwesomO said:

The "midweek special" was offered on I think day 3. The little slip was included in our evening daily.  But we checked with guest services on whether it had to be used the next day or not, and they said no, that's the regular price and can be used whenever.

This is very useful information, thanks a lot! 🙂

12 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

Put socks and underwear on the bottom, then roll your shirts and slacks and stand them upright like pickles in a jar.  If you have enough shirts to fill the bag, nothing should fall out.

Clever and very useful, thanks a bunch!  No undies falling out. 🙂

12 minutes ago, tampawalt said:

I lf a cruise is 7 days or longer. They run a half fill a bag for a set fee. if you are gold or higher you get half off 1 bag

Platinum and higher status get their bag of laundry FREE.

42 minutes ago, tampawalt said:

I lf a cruise is 7 days or longer. They run a half fill a bag for a set fee. if you are gold or higher you get half off 1 bag

Thanks! Our cruise is 10 days. 

What does "They run a half fill a bag for a set fee." mean?  Are you saying that besides the one-time $29 full bag offer that there's another offer for a half of a bag?  If so, how is a half bag measured?

2 minutes ago, LGinPA said:

Thanks! Our cruise is 10 days. 

What does "They run a half fill a bag for a set fee." mean?  Are you saying that besides the one-time $29 full bag offer that there's another offer for a half of a bag?  If so, how is a half bag measured?

Take a look at post # 2 by @BirdTravels.  I think that info might help you.

On 3/11/2023 at 4:13 PM, LGinPA said:

I carry a little stapler for my luggage tags and the laundry bag(s.)

• Thanks 1