On Meraviglia now spring break cruise

mscdivina2016

We arrived at 11 am  and due to a screw up at checkin we did not get onboard till 12:16.

YC did not save our check in so it was an issue. Had to wait for a rep to come and check in.

Our room on deck 15 smells like sewage.and has not been fixed yet despite asking twice.

Bar service on topsail is slow .  Snacks are lousy. Have not met.butler.yet, have not even got.outlr luggage yet at 5:19.

Not a good start 

15 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

We arrived at 11 am  and due to a screw up at checkin we did not get onboard till 12:16.

YC did not save our check in so it was an issue. Had to wait for a rep to come and check in.

Our room on deck 15 smells like sewage.and has not been fixed yet despite asking twice.

Bar service on topsail is slow .  Snacks are lousy. Have not met.butler.yet, have not even got.outlr luggage yet at 5:19.

Not a good start 

Is the YC sold out?

She’s not wrong!  In YC- Wi-Fi too slow for work emails or cruise critic- had to get to Nassau to use Wi-Fi even after a visit to the Wi-Fi desk.  Asked for white wine for my beverage service. Delivered warm, not on ice, no glasses or cork screw.  No Prosecco or strawberries in the cabin. No Diamond welcome gift. Ordered a pizza last night, waited an hour, then got the wrong pizza.  Ordered an omelet this morning, got it all wrong, ordered a bottle of water to go, they are out.  Ordered a Woodford old fashion, they are out. Out for a couple of hours this morning, come back to bed still unmade.  Wine selection does not match the beverage menu- they have one cheap Chardonnay - no reason for the premium pkg, they do not stock the  premium offerings. 

in our other cabin, an Aurea suite, the beds were never separated, the hot tub never cleaned or filled.  The spa told the girls they don’t have thermal spa access- turned away- they are Aurea experience so yes, they do.

On a positive note, the bed is lovely, the shower hot with great pressure and the air works well! 

That’s the first 20 hours.  Love, Karen Too 

We stayed on deck 15 on Meraviglia and we didn't have any odor issues at all.

It could be a plumbing issue. When Seaside had a sewage smell for the first few months of sailing, it turned out to be a plumbing issue that was later fixed. 

I hope that it gets sorted and doesn't ruin your cruise. 

3 minutes ago, L1211 said:

She’s not wrong!  In YC- Wi-Fi too slow for work emails or cruise critic- had to get to Nassau to use Wi-Fi even after a visit to the Wi-Fi desk.  Asked for white wine for my beverage service. Delivered warm, not on ice, no glasses or cork screw.  No Prosecco or strawberries in the cabin. No Diamond welcome gift. Ordered a pizza last night, waited an hour, then got the wrong pizza.  Ordered an omelet this morning, got it all wrong, ordered a bottle of water to go, they are out.  Ordered a Woodford old fashion, they are out. Out for a couple of hours this morning, come back to bed still unmade.  Wine selection does not match the beverage menu- they have one cheap Chardonnay - no reason for the premium pkg, they do not stock the  premium offerings. 

in our other cabin, an Aurea suite, the beds were never separated, the hot tub never cleaned or filled.  The spa told the girls they don’t have thermal spa access- turned away- they are Aurea experience so yes, they do.

On a positive note, the bed is lovely, the shower hot with great pressure and the air works well! 

That’s the first 20 hours.  Love, Karen Too 

Oh, dear. Doesn't sound like a real 'Yacht Club' experience to me. Makes me worried for our July trip.

MSC seems very behind on their technology such as their app. This might prevent some of the ordering snafu's.

Sounds like their supply logistics needs a real upgrade....or it is intentional cost cutting.

How can you be out of bottled water?

1 minute ago, NorthernCouple said:

Oh, dear. Doesn't sound like a real 'Yacht Club' experience to me. Makes me worried for our July trip.

MSC seems very behind on their technology such as their app. This might prevent some of the ordering snafu's.

Sounds like their supply logistics needs a real upgrade....or it is intentional cost cutting.

How can you be out of bottled water?

That’s a great question! They said they would have it restocked soon.  Sounds like a labor issue…

When I read "MSC YC and Spring Break" at the same time in a topic by Karen, I already suspected the worst. But it came even harder.
You wouldn't wish this on anyone on a much-awaited cruise.
I wish you a quick repair of the smell problems and still a great trip with wonderful moments.
If I felt the same way in a week on the Virtuosa, I'd be just as pissed off. Who have you already spoken to about this?
Enjoy it (anyway)

1 hour ago, L1211 said:

That’s a great question! They said they would have it restocked soon.  Sounds like a labor issue…

Just my 2 cents.  The cruise lines went from sailing almost empty to seemingly being full overnight.  They may not have been able to ramp up personnel quickly enough.  But since they lost a boat load (ha,ha) of money during covid, they will take as many bookings as they can get.  Hopefully these issues are short term.

• Like 1

I experienced the sewer smell on Seaside  and the answer from GS was there were no rooms available, After telling them I would be getting off at first port and they would be refunding me for the cruise and my transportation home they magically found me a room, That was just the start of the problems. One and done!

When we were on the Meraviglia in the YC our room initially had a bit of a sewage smell too. We told our butler and he had maintenance come and fix it, and things were fine after that. As this was our first 14 day cruise we were very happy they could do something about it!

It was due to a small panel near the toilet that provided access behind the wall and it wasn't properly sealed and the smell was coming in from that.

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

We stayed on deck 15 on Meraviglia and we didn't have any odor issues at all.

It could be a plumbing issue. When Seaside had a sewage smell for the first few months of sailing, it turned out to be a plumbing issue that was later fixed. 

I hope that it gets sorted and doesn't ruin your cruise. 

I am on 15 and they fixed it with a air freshener hanging from tp holder. Lol.

I guess it's better than sewage.

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

YC on Meraviglia in Jan was perfect.  Talk to Craig about your issues..he’s the director, I believe. 

I was on in January. He is director. 

So to update.  We arrived at 11am yesterday and got our luggage at 545 in YC.

Today topsail ran out of Woodford and Prosecco.

No shoe bag, shoe horn or brush in cabin.

Daughters cabin has nothing either including no fruit.

On a plus, figured out how to get a pizza into topsail.

Have delivered to concierge and carry into topsail.

12 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Why do you need a shoe horn in the Caribbean?  Maybe they take it out?

15 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Re sewage smell, make sure the drain in the bathroom floor has water in the “trap” 

I was going to say this.  Saw the same complaints on the Carnival forum.  It happens on all ships.  The trap dries out.  
Not the shower one, there is another drain in the bathroom. 

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Why do you need a shoe horn in the Caribbean?  Maybe they take it out?

For dinner shoes??  I always use one at home as well.  Ferragamo shoes are not cheap.

We also change into dance shoes later.

As far as not being there, just plain lazy.

I also am not buying the "spring break" thing in Yacht club.

YC is always full so we do not have an issue because there is a finite numbers of berths.

We are not crowded at all. No difference than my January sailing. 

Afternoon snacks are arriving. Prosecco did show up, even another bottle in cabin.

23 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

For dinner shoes??  I always use one at home as well.  Ferragamo shoes are not cheap.

We also change into dance shoes later.

As far as not being there, just plain lazy.

I also am not buying the "spring break" thing in Yacht club.

YC is always full so we do not have an issue because there is a finite numbers of berths.

We are not crowded at all. No difference than my January sailing. 

Afternoon snacks are arriving. Prosecco did show up, even another bottle in cabin.

Ok.  When I do the Caribbean one large checked suitcase is for all our snorkelling gear which includes free diving fins plus a large snorkelling bag.  The other checked bag is the stuff we can't carry on.  Over the years I started going with hiking boots which I wear on plane, hiking sandals, running sneakers and one pair of heels that are not designer by any means.  My dress style is one nice black sundress.  So yes I don't use a shoe horn.  But understand why you do now.  It's all good.  I was just confused.  I am very casual on vacation but don't wear short shorts or let my midriff hang out in the restaurants.

18 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve,

Thanks for doing this very honest trip report.

It appears that MSC has a different attitude toward 4 nt. Cruises out of Florida ports.
Sorry to hear YC has also been affected by this.
We always hoped YC would somehow be insulated from 4 day cruise syndrome.

Apparent shortages of almost everything, interlopers entering YC and service decline are common complaints.

Devaluation seems to be prevalent everywhere. The cruise industry is doing the same. 
It is hard when they list perks , features and itineraries that are subject to business decisions to no longer include, after the fact.

” we don’t do that anymore, or we don’t have that anymore.”

Hope you all have a good cruise and can enjoy the dance floors. 💃🕺

Pat