Weighted Blankets

BobAnne

Weighted blankets are so helpful for sensory issues and to address systemic overload...

I know this is not entirely helpful- but if you don't want to haul a weighted blanket on board- or attempt to purchase one in your embarkation city- you can request an extra blanket for you bed. You will be offered another fluffy comforter or a fuzzy-ish blanket. If you were to fold those either in half or thirds- length-wise, you would create a little extra weight. You won't get 8 to 12 pounds of proprioceptive pressure, but it will provide something....

Just a thought. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This may not be PC, but think about this. If a cruise line had everything onboard to accommodate people with sensory issues, mobility issues,hearing issues, digestive issues and all other issues pertaining to health and/or navigating life, the cost of all the equipment would have to be passed onto passengers and the cruise fares would be quite inflated.

For example- If I needed a walker for a mobility issue, I would need to bring the walker onboard with me. I would not expect the cruise line to furnish one for me.

If you have a need for a weighted blanket, the suggestion would be to bring such a blanket with you.

MJ

41 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I thought the quilts they have on Princess's beds was weighted enough. 

AFAIK, Princess  uses duvets, not quilts. A queen size duvet would weigh probably less than 8 lb. A single size weighted blanket would weigh anywhere from 2 to 4 times that much . The ship isn't going to supply something like this. OP will have to bring their own.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2023 at 9:07 PM, MJSailors said:

This may not be PC, but think about this. If a cruise line had everything onboard to accommodate people with sensory issues, mobility issues, hearing issues, digestive issues and all other issues pertaining to health and/or navigating life, the cost of all the equipment would have to be passed onto passengers and the cruise fares would be quite inflated.

For example- If I needed a walker for a mobility issue, I would need to bring the walker onboard with me. I would not expect the cruise line to furnish one for me.

If you have a need for a weighted blanket, the suggestion would be to bring such a blanket with you.

MJ

I agree with you.  Everybody thinks they should be provided with everything because they have "special needs".

• Thanks 1