Celebrity Edge Deck 6 porthole cabins

lachieb

G'day everyone,

I am interested in the feedback people have on the porthole verandahs on the edge class ships notably the ones on deck 6 forward with the theatre right above it.

How noisy can it be, design and use of the space etc.

I don't want to know about your thoughts on the ship itself- I'll make my own assessment, I just want to know about the rooms.

We we in one last fall.  If I had it to do again, I'd have gone with the Infinite Veranda.  You lose the square footage of the veranda from the room, and the veranda isn't large enough to really enjoy. 

So, my opinion is the Sunset Verandas on Edge class are my first choice, then Infinite Verandas, and finally the Porthole Verandas. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 11:02 AM, cruisestitch said:

I was in one and could hear the bass thumping faintly during the shows.  Try the aft ones instead

0C77DF82-1C09-46A3-A121-370B516EDCB6.jpeg

3A56CBE7-5F4D-4C15-8655-20C693705052.jpeg

My room has already been assigned to 6115. If it is only during the shows or when they're rehearsing I think I'll be able to forgive it because I'll most likely be out of the room during those times.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 10:42 AM, omeinv said:

We we in one last fall.  If I had it to do again, I'd have gone with the Infinite Veranda.  You lose the square footage of the veranda from the room, and the veranda isn't large enough to really enjoy. 

So, my opinion is the Sunset Verandas on Edge class are my first choice, then Infinite Verandas, and finally the Porthole Verandas. 

Harris

Denver, CO

I think you may be right, I did want to book an infinite verandah to see what they're like, I probably won't go with this type of room again, but for the sailing, I am doing, I didn't get much choice.

8 minutes ago, lachieb said:

I think you may be right, I did want to book an infinite verandah to see what they're like, I probably won't go with this type of room again, but for the sailing, I am doing, I didn't get much choice.

And the fact is it's a cabin on a cruise ship, so it's not bad at all in the grand scheme of things. 

Harris

Denver, CO

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi, 

I was assigned to 7123 on the Celebrity Apex last year. This stateroom was fine. Of course, the porthole veranda staterooms have a (small) separate veranda. Other than the veranda area, the design is identical to an infinite veranda stateroom. I preferred the infinite veranda stateroom that I recently had on the Celebrity Beyond (it feels more spacious since the veranda is combined with the rest of the stateroom), but I would not hesitate to book one of the porthole veranda staterooms again.

Chuck 

• Like 1

We had one on the Apex last year on the 8th deck a little further back.

At the time they were much cheaper than the infinite veranda so we gave it a shot.

Loved it! 

We had friends who had the infinite veranda so we had something to compare it to.  They had some of the usual complaints - air went off when open, closed by captain during bad weather, privacy.

It was nicer to be able to close the door on the porthole and be outside.  

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, really helpful.

It does sound like, it is a bit more private than the infinite verandah rooms and can be used in all weather conditions and offers the same as the infinite verandah rooms and it is cheaper.

The only negative I have read is that the verandah/ balcony itself is on the small side. I can work with that.

2 hours ago, lachieb said:

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone, really helpful.

It does sound like, it is a bit more private than the infinite verandah rooms and can be used in all weather conditions and offers the same as the infinite verandah rooms and it is cheaper.

The only negative I have read is that the verandah/ balcony itself is on the small side. I can work with that.

Just off the Apex. We were in a DPV (7118) and really liked it and the location. We were invited into a IV stateroom and thought it was ok. Preferred the DPV over the IV and so did the couple that checked out our stateroom who were in a IV. We booked a future cruise on the Edge while on the Apex. Another DPV stateroom (7118).

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi, hubby and I have just been assigned Porthole Cabin - 6284, would appreciate any information about this cabin please, noise, obstructed etc.   We are cruising from Sydney to NZ on 13 Jan 2024.  Never been on the Edge before, looking forward to it, just hope this cabin suits us.  Thanks.

• 5 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 10:26 AM, Yogi68 said:

Hi, hubby and I have just been assigned Porthole Cabin - 6284, would appreciate any information about this cabin please, noise, obstructed etc.   We are cruising from Sydney to NZ on 13 Jan 2024.  Never been on the Edge before, looking forward to it, just hope this cabin suits us.  Thanks.

How did you go with this cabin? I’m also looking at it. Its obstruction is documented as 30% was this an issue? Is bed by balcony?

The obstruction is that your view is limited.  The porthole allows a view straight out but the sides of the porthole limit looking forward or aft.   The balconies not is narrow so the chairs faced each other rather than out.  
Here is photo from the website

IMG_1239.thumb.png.bf900937c90f7ed13b1f34706b8e9b25.png

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

The obstruction is that your view is limited.  The porthole allows a view straight out but the sides of the porthole limit looking forward or aft.   The balconies not is narrow so the chairs faced each other rather than out.  
Here is photo from the website

IMG_1239.thumb.png.bf900937c90f7ed13b1f34706b8e9b25.png

Hi. Thanks for your reply.  The query is more specific to that cabin number. The porthole view is not actually considered an obstruction however there are items such as roofs or canopies below or the window cleaning system that causes the obstruction. I have found a document on the RCI website that has the varying percentages of obstruction and this comes up as 30% so wondering what was the obstruction.