Cruise terminal

gizmodog

7 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

What cruise terminal in Seattle does Holland use for their Alaska trips? I see there are too, 66 or 91?

I don't know the number, but it's the one on the north side of town, not the one downtown. 
I think it is pier 91, but won't swear to it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, RuthC said:

I don't know the number, but it's the one on the north side of town, not the one downtown. 
I think it is pier 91, but won't swear to it. 

You're right. It is 91.

• Like 1

I want to be the 4th one to say it’s Pier 91. We live just South of Seattle and very seldom do we go into Seattle. Last year I decided to go to Sea-Tac airport and take the Princess/Holland America Shuttle out to Pier 91. Huge mistake! that we’ll never do again. We got to the airport at 9am and there was probably close to 750 people trying to get on an occasional bus that came and more coming in behind us. No bathrooms nearby, no water, hotter than the hubs of hell that morning. We stood in line for 4 hours before we got on a bus to Pier 91. Once we got to Pier 91 there was 2 lines under the covered walkway that about 400 feet long. We got on the ship at a little past 3:30 absolutely exhausted. This year we’ll do what we’ve done in the past and drive up to Seattle and park at Seattle cruise ship parking lot for a $187 for the week and catch there shuttle over to Pier 91.

3 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I want to be the 4th one to say it’s Pier 91. We live just South of Seattle and very seldom do we go into Seattle. Last year I decided to go to Sea-Tac airport and take the Princess/Holland America Shuttle out to Pier 91. Huge mistake! that we’ll never do again. We got to the airport at 9am and there was probably close to 750 people trying to get on an occasional bus that came and more coming in behind us. No bathrooms nearby, no water, hotter than the hubs of hell that morning. We stood in line for 4 hours before we got on a bus to Pier 91. Once we got to Pier 91 there was 2 lines under the covered walkway that about 400 feet long. We got on the ship at a little past 3:30 absolutely exhausted. This year we’ll do what we’ve done in the past and drive up to Seattle and park at Seattle cruise ship parking lot for a $187 for the week and catch there shuttle over to Pier 91.

As a long-term resident of the area (and you probably already know this from your experience above), I take the light rail from the airport….MUCH faster and trains come every 15 minutes during the absolute slowest schedule.

From the closest stop (Westlake, I’m guessing), it would be a quick Uber or Lyft to 91.

15 hours ago, Gunther1 said:

As a long-term resident of the area (and you probably already know this from your experience above), I take the light rail from the airport….MUCH faster and trains come every 15 minutes during the absolute slowest schedule.

From the closest stop (Westlake, I’m guessing), it would be a quick Uber or Lyft to 91.

I know about the light rail into Seattle from Sea-Tac. Have you ever taken the light rail from Sea-Tac to Westlake center and then taken an Uber or Lyft to Pier 91? I think we’ll just do what we’ve been doing in the past and park at the Seattle Cruise ship parking lot behind the Armory and take their shuttle over to Pier 91. I detest driving in Seattle, it’s such a mess. Every year when we go up to Pier 91 it’s gotten worse and worse.

2 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I think we’ll just do what we’ve been doing in the past and park at the Seattle Cruise ship parking lot behind the Armory and take their shuttle over to Pier 91.

FYI, last season ('22) there were a few cruise days that the Armory parking folks stopped taking parking reservations because they could not accommodate all the passengers in their shuttles to both Pier 66 and Pier 91.  So if you plan to use them this season, book your reservation early.

4 hours ago, Eaglecw said:

I know about the light rail into Seattle from Sea-Tac. Have you ever taken the light rail from Sea-Tac to Westlake center and then taken an Uber or Lyft to Pier 91? I think we’ll just do what we’ve been doing in the past and park at the Seattle Cruise ship parking lot behind the Armory and take their shuttle over to Pier 91. I detest driving in Seattle, it’s such a mess. Every year when we go up to Pier 91 it’s gotten worse and worse.

Yes, I have.  Since we agree that traffic is often bad, that's exactly why I take light rail :). Besides being cheaper, faster, a lot less stressful, it takes one less car ( mine) off the road.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

FYI, last season ('22) there were a few cruise days that the Armory parking folks stopped taking parking reservations because they could not accommodate all the passengers in their shuttles to both Pier 66 and Pier 91.  So if you plan to use them this season, book your reservation early.

Thanks for that information.

I checked with the Seattle Cruise ship parking and all they have is valet parking now, we've parked with them before. I have a real hard spot with leaving my keys with someone I don’t and letting them drive my car. I mentioned to my wife about taking the light rail from SeaTac or from Angle Lake and she came unglued. I know I won’t ever do what we did last and that’s take the Princess shuttle to Pier 91 from SeaTac.  

@Eaglecw, as you may know, I work at Pier 91. Last season (2022) I was out along the far end of drive area in front of the terminal building at Pier 91, and this young family pulls up and starts unloading their car.  For some reason it just seemed different, so I asked if they needed help (porter), or if they had any questions.  The man says that he has the valet parking service, but didn't see where to leave his car.  I had to tell him that the valet parking happens at the parking lot facility and not at Pier 91.  He just kind of looked at me then went back to his car and started to look at his phone or paperwork, then repacked his car and drove off, presumably to the parking lot a mile or so away.  That was a first.

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve often thought about working at Pier 91 or Sea-tac. It might be a rewarding experience.

I think the best one I ever saw was a guy who dropped off his wife and 3 kids in front of the terminal and then drove North up towards Ballard to a mini storage facility that he had made a reservation at to park his car because it was half the cost of parking by the Armory. He then walked and ran back down to Pier 91 while his wife and kids stood out front of the terminal. We had dinner with these people on the second night he explained to me about how much money they had saved by having an inside cabin and how much they were going to save by taking the city bus at all the ports. I felt sorry for his poor wife and kids, he was king of cheapness.

Taking the Light Rail from SeaTac to the WestLake Station, then walking one block down 4th St to the Mayflower Park Hotel and requesting the valet to call a cab worked well for us. Pier 91 was not too far, but the traffic was heavy.