Noordam Signature Suite

Bogie Man

Just received an upgrade offer for our upcoming cruise on the Noordam. We currently have an aft facing veranda cabin and got an email with an upgrade offer at a reasonable price to a Signature Suite. 

Looking at the HAL website it would seem the Signature suite really has no perks other than the larger size. No priority anything, no expanded room service menu etc… really nothing at all. Curious if this has always been the case on HAL for that category suite?

Edited by Bogie Man

Yes, space, large bathroom (two sinks and tub plus separate shower), and lots of storage are the reasons I book Signature Suites when I can.  For the extra money you also get two Mariner points per day rather than just one for lower-level cabins.

I love the SS on Vista and Signature class ships but looking at the layout of them on Pinnacle Class ships, I wouldn't book one.  

If they had more perks before I first cruised in them in 2012 then I'm not aware of them.  Anyone else know?

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, oakridger said:

Yes, space, large bathroom (two sinks and tub plus separate shower), and lots of storage are the reasons I book Signature Suites when I can.  For the extra money you also get two Mariner points per day rather than just one for lower-level cabins.

I love the SS on Vista and Signature class ships but looking at the layout of them on Pinnacle Class ships, I wouldn't book one.  

If they had more perks before I first cruised in them in 2012 then I'm not aware of them.  Anyone else know?

~Nancy

I think it’s just the extra space as you stated.   The only caveat I would add is that I don’t believe you get the additional cruise credit days on an upsell. . . Could be wrong but think you have to have originally booked a ‘suite’ to get that credit.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

think you have to have originally booked a ‘suite’ to get that credit.  

Thanks for clarifying that!  You are correct.  Upsells or upgrades only get the one Mariner point.

~Nancy

The only extra perks as I recall is a telephone concierge to assist with your questions while onboard.

I do like these cabins on the Vista class ships (Noordam is one) due to the size.  I normally book a location for one of these that I like and then watch for an upsell to a Neptune (I usually get one) for a reasonable price.  Works for me.

I found that the price difference between the SS and the Neptune suite made taking the Neptune worth it, especially for the concierge. Of course, that wouldn't apply to the upgrade. But there is a big difference between the phone concierge and the person doing that work in the Neptune Lounge.

Aft facing verandah are the best, views of both sides of the ship.  If I am lucky enough to be booked in one, I wouldn’t take an upsell.  However,  I have taken an upsell to Signature Suites but I never take the first one.  After 3 previous offers for my last TA. I took upsell a very reasonable offer to a SS you really enjoyed the extra room.

When we cruise on HAL we choose either a SS on Vista class and Vista Suites on R Class. More space than standard Verandah and more room if you have 3 people in the cabin. More like a Mini-Suite on RCL or NCL, not really a suite just more space. The bathroom double sink and separate showers in SS are very nice too. For our Nov K'Dam cruise we decided to book an aft facing Verandah, this is our first Pinnacle class cruise.

Edited by terrydtx