Another itinerary change R319

Host Sharon

Just been emailed to say that on the Aurora Mediterranean cruise this October, Rhodes has been swapped for Messina. Rhodes was my personal highlight port and I really do not want a fourth stop in Messina. I realise that this change is not a good enough reason to be able to cancel but I am really cheesed off now. 'Operational reasons' of course.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Just been emailed to say that on the Aurora Mediterranean cruise this October, Rhodes has been swapped for Messina. Rhodes was my personal highlight port and I really do not want a fourth stop in Messina. I realise that this change is not a good enough reason to be able to cancel but I am really cheesed off now. 'Operational reasons' of course.

Yes Sharon, we are p***ed off too.  I've done Messina so many times and would really like to know why they do this.  Didn't realize you were going to be on board.  It's been a while!

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes Sharon, we are p***ed off too.  I've done Messina so many times and would really like to know why they do this.  Didn't realize you were going to be on board.  It's been a while!

It has but not sure we will be aboard. Although we can't cancel we might change cruises.

Just now, Host Sharon said:

It has but not sure we will be aboard. Although we can't cancel we might change cruises.

I have my leave booked and there is nothing else that appeals.   But just might not be booking again with P&O, at least not at launch.  This cruise has been moved 3 times from April 2020!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I wonder if the seeming increase in the number of port changes is related to the ever-earlier launch dates. Presumably the itineraries are also being planned earlier & earlier...

So do you think they plan the itinerary and then forget to book the port?  I've just looked up the cruise ship schedule for Rhodes and as well as Aurora, there is Mein Schiff, Azamara and  MSC Sinfonia?

Edited by jeanlyon

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So do you think they plan the itinerary and then forget to book the port?  I've just looked up the cruise ship schedule for Rhodes and as well as Aurora, there is Mein Schiff, Azamara and  MSC Sinfonia?

All three different websites still have Aurora docking in Rhodes, so must have only happened today.  Aurora does not show on the Messina cruise ship schedule.

Edited by jeanlyon

39 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I don't know Jean. Maybe they get bumped off if the port has a better offer? Maybe P&O decide to change if a lot of ships are in port? It's just that going back a few years, itinerary change seemed pretty unusual...

• Like 1

We’re not happy with the change either. We’ve been to Messina several times and it’s not one of our favourite ports. Also this cruise already calls at Palermo so that makes two days on Sicily.

• Like 2

Not just P&O.  Our June Cunard to North Cape has just had 2 of the 6 ports changed (although still going to North Cape) and now the fjords are missed out altogether. This happened just after the full balance had to be paid.

9 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We’re not happy with the change either. We’ve been to Messina several times and it’s not one of our favourite ports. Also this cruise already calls at Palermo so that makes two days on Sicily.

Agree.  I can't believe they couldn't find another port in Greece to visit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't believe they couldn't find another port in Greece to visit.

Totally agree.  We are also on this cruise and are very disappointed with this change of port.  Sincerely hope there aren't any more changes!

Oh, and we haven't had an email about this either!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Astrajet said:

Totally agree.  We are also on this cruise and are very disappointed with this change of port.  Sincerely hope there aren't any more changes!

Oh, and we haven't had an email about this either!

Our email arrived at 01.06 this morning - in duplicate! Maybe we got yours as well as ours 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Nope.  Nothing.  Their website says changes take 28 days!  Ha ha.

Mine came from my TA today. Heraklion changed to 14th, Rhodes swapped to Messina.

3 hours ago, Cruising Nomads said:

Just wondering why my post on this matter has disappeared? Fed up with posts going missing for no reason.

Comments on moderation are usually deleted but for info - It hasn't been removed from this thread, but was removed from another thread as Off Topic there.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree.  I can't believe they couldn't find another port in Greece to visit.

I guess the problem is finding one where a mid-size ship like Aurora can berth alongside. After all, P&O seem to be doing their utmost to avoid tendering operations these days.

2 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I didn't stop the emails pertaining to my cruises, only the other ones like Arvia naming.  Checked today and my cruises one is ticked.

This website wants to send me emails on cruises they recommend.......what do you like ?.....cruises to Africa on small Disney ships. That should ensure I don't get many emails.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

I'm voicing my concerns to Paul Ludlow. If no one complains about this, they will keep doing it. So if anyone else wants to write in please do.

I will as well.  Edit - have now written to him.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

Yes I will aswell .iam not booked to go on this         Cruise but my mother in law is, and she is not happy.she s like  most     of    you ,  that    have had this cruise  booked for a long time ,very very annoyed . iam also fed up of hearing about ports of calls being cancelled because of operational reasons its about time they started explaining the reasons behind there changes in more depth instead of just sending a generic email out .    This never ever happened or very rarely happened      Sadly it seams to be the norm now                                        

• Like 3