Wine by the glass prices in MDR

helen haywood

16 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I know Villa Maria is $11, I was wondering about CK Mondavi and Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc.  I have searched the app and cc and Google but can’t find any current prices.  TIA.

Do not remember Wairau being available by the glass.  On our last cruise the Sauv Blanc being poured in the basic package changed 3 times.  If they have CK Mondavi would think it would be at or near the base price at it is the least expensive label they produce.  It sells for only about $5 locally a bottle.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

24 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I know Villa Maria is $11, I was wondering about CK Mondavi and Wairau River Sauvignon Blanc.  I have searched the app and cc and Google but can’t find any current prices.  TIA.

I know CK Mondavi is in the basic  package and also served as a free Elite cab as I had it on my last cruise. As far as the sauvignon blanc I would imagine its part of the premium package.  The Mondavi is actually pretty decent I saw many who had the premium package ordering it. 

Last cruise we had the Premium package and often Villa Maria wasn’t available (very strange…one night it wasn’t and the next night it was and back and forth…same table and sommelier) and the sommelier would instead pour Wairau River.  So I guess it’s not available for purchase by the glass…just used as a substitute.  I actually liked the CK Mondavi very much so happy to hear it would be available on the Classic Package.  Not sure I’m going to bother upgrading next cruise.

On the Silhouette last month they were charging $3 over the classic package for Villa Maria, which is my go to on the ships as I don’t fancy the Chilean SB which is included in the classic. I was a little confused as the various menus and app showed either $11 or $12 for VM. Inquired at GR as to the correct price and was told $13 (so $3 over classic limit) but they couldn’t explain why not one menu on the ship listed it as that price. We had lots of obc to pay for overages but it’s the principal…why charge a higher price than what’s advertised everywhere on the ship. Could understand if the printed menus needed time to be updated to the higher fee but that doesn’t explain why the app wasn’t updated. Ultimately I was happy as they had plenty of bottles and many times I wasn’t charged extra at all. 🤷‍♀️