Booked Rotterdam w/HAVE IT ALL. Questions about package and upgrade options

Tom-n-Cheryl

I booked a 12 night sailing and selected the Have It All package. 

When I was searching dates I clicked on SEE DETAILS under the Have It All section, it returned the following info on the drink package:

Premium Beverage Package
Choose from a large selection of wine, beer, spirits and cocktails, plus non-alcoholic options like sodas, specialty coffees and more – with service charges included. Available for 1st/2nd guest in stateroom.

Then, when I  the arrived at the section where I could select that extra cost option (about $700pp) it states the following:

• BEVERAGE PACKAGE
  • Signature: wine, beer, cocktails, specialty coffee and soda. Plus, service charges are on us. All drinks up to $11.

--------------------------------

So --- tell me... is there a difference between PREMIUM and SIGNATURE? What if a drink I'd like is over $11

Is there going to be an option somewhere (before sailing or after embarkation) where I can upgrade the package?

And, regarding the internet - is there an option to upgrade to their highest tier? (the "Surf" does not sound like it would be very robust)

One last thing (for this post, at least 😄 ), any place to get a milkshake onboard? Not that I'd have more than 1/cruise anyway!

THANKS

Reports from onboard the ships now say that you can pay the difference between the $11 and whatever your drink costs (plus 18% grat on the difference).

You can 'upgrade' your internet connection onboard.  It is the same speed etc, but you can access more websites and apps than are permitted on the included 'Surf' level.  When you are onboard and logon, you will be offered the option to upgrade.  I have found it to be a good offer and the daily rate does not improve during the cruise.

I dug up a thread from last year where people said you could upgrade for $5/pp/pd, others who said it was $10, and still others who said the option was discontinued last spring.

The $5/pp/pd makes the most sense, as that's the difference in the cost of the respective packages.

Tom

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Reports from onboard the ships now say that you can pay the difference between the $11 and whatever your drink costs (plus 18% grat on the difference).

You can 'upgrade' your internet connection onboard.  It is the same speed etc, but you can access more websites and apps than are permitted on the included 'Surf' level.  When you are onboard and logon, you will be offered the option to upgrade.  I have found it to be a good offer and the daily rate does not improve during the cruise.

Thanks for this info; on our last HAL cruise we didn't upgrade, and our internet connection, access to websites etc., was lousy.

2 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

on our last HAL cruise we didn't upgrade, and our internet connection, access to websites etc., was lousy.

Upgrading to Premium doesn't improve your connection at all, unless you consider the opportunity to try to stream an 'improvement'.