Transportation back to cruise terminal after San Francisco Giants game

I Love Carbs

Our cruise ship will be in San Francisco overnight on June 19th and we would love to take in the San Francisco Giants game.  What is the best mode of transportation to and from the game?  We can probably take a taxi to the game but just wondering how it easy it would be get a taxi after the game.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Just looked at the Pier schedule and no ships are showing on June 19th.  What ship are you on? 

If going from the main cruise terminal try this to start.  How good a walker are you?  2.2 miles one way.  Uber will be surge pricing.  Someone else with recent experience can offer better details.  I love Oracle Park.  It's a good baseball stadium!

Pier 27 to Oracle Park - Google Maps

Edited by oakridger

2 hours ago, oakridger said:

Just looked at the Pier schedule and no ships are showing on June 19th.  What ship are you on?

The Emerald Princess is doing a 7 Day CA Coastal Cruise, LA to SF, SD, Ensenada, LA. They arrive SF 8AM on June 19, depart SF June 20, 5PM.

19 hours ago, oakridger said:

If going from the main cruise terminal try this to start.  How good a walker are you?  2.2 miles one way.  Uber will be surge pricing.  Someone else with recent experience can offer better details.  I love Oracle Park.  It's a good baseball stadium!

Pier 27 to Oracle Park - Google Maps

We will be on the Emerald Princess and staying overnight in SF.  I'm a very good walker and 2.2 miles one way won't be much of a problem to head over to Oracle Park.  I'm more concerned about getting back to the ship after the game (eg. will there be enough cabs available at the stadium).  Was planning to do the stadium tour until we found out about game night on June 19th.  Appreciate your help.

12 hours ago, Philob said:

Muni Metro train, stations almost right in front of the pier (Brannan) and the stadium (4th& King). Only one stop in between.

I'll check out the Muni Metro train schedule.  This will probably work for us (to and from the game).  Thank you.

4 minutes ago, I Love Carbs said:

I'll check out the Muni Metro train schedule.  This will probably work for us (to and from the game).  Thank you.

The schedule means little,  because around the end of the game they will usually load extra trains on the route. But the route, where the trains stop, is important. 

Ah ha!  I had a pier 27 cruise port schedule is why the June 19th wasn't showing!  Thanks!

However, it looks like the Emerald Princess will not be at Pier 27 as I thought but will possibly be at the older Pier 35 or even Pier 30/32. That's why it isn't listed on the cruise port schedule I was referencing. I couldn't find out online where it's scheduled but not at pier 27!!

Pier 35 is a little further from the ball park and bier 30/31 is much closer and near to the Brannon St. muni stop @Philob mentioned.  

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger

Muni Metro will not go to pier 27 or 35. It'll go underground before the Ferry Building. Ask the Metro operator where to catch the F Line towards Fisherman's Wharf for the rest of the way.

From the Ferry Building its less than a mile walk to pier 27, a bit more to pier 35, on a flat wide sidewalk

Hubby and I usually walk from the ballpark to Market Street after a game—getting Muni is sometimes pretty busy in front of the park!  And I don’t like to ride in a packed bus!  There are usually a number of people walking as well so it never feels unsafe.  Once we’re at Market St, we catch Muni/BART/UBER to where we’re heading.

May I make some suggestions on what to eat while at the game?  We go often enough (15-20 games a season) that we don’t normally indulge in these offerings but, as we have been to a number of different stadiums around the country, these are unique to Oracle Park:  garlic fries, sourdough-crust pizza, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, Ghirardelli ice cream.

Enjoy, and go Giants!

On 3/21/2023 at 8:18 AM, disneyochem said:

Hubby and I usually walk from the ballpark to Market Street after a game—getting Muni is sometimes pretty busy in front of the park!  And I don’t like to ride in a packed bus!  There are usually a number of people walking as well so it never feels unsafe.  Once we’re at Market St, we catch Muni/BART/UBER to where we’re heading.

May I make some suggestions on what to eat while at the game?  We go often enough (15-20 games a season) that we don’t normally indulge in these offerings but, as we have been to a number of different stadiums around the country, these are unique to Oracle Park:  garlic fries, sourdough-crust pizza, clam chowder in a sourdough bowl, Ghirardelli ice cream.

Enjoy, and go Giants!

Mmmm.. I love your suggestions on what to eat at Oracle Park, especially the clam chowder in a sourdough bowl.  As for my husband, he will try to eat everything listed here.  This will probably be our one and only visit to Oracle Park, so for sure we will indulge.

If we feel safe enough after the game, maybe we can walk back to our cruise terminal.  

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

• Like 1