Just Received Our Cruise Documents

WLVTRVLR

53 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

You recently took your Regent packaging to a local mission thrift store? Why would they need or want that? You already told Regent that you didn't want it, so why do they.Give the local mission a monetary donation instead. If you can afford to cruise on Regent, you don't need to donate things that are worthless to charity.

There are many new Regent cruisers at this point, and they should have the same welcome that we received in the past. And there are certainly some older Regent cruisers that may not feel comfortable without their expected hard copy documentation rather than needing to do things online.

We have a printer but does everyone have one?  I never travel without hard copies …my phone could die.  I don’t like the change. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

You recently took your Regent packaging to a local mission thrift store? Why would they need or want that? You already told Regent that you didn't want it, so why do they.Give the local mission a monetary donation instead. If you can afford to cruise on Regent, you don't need to donate things that are worthless to charity.

There are many new Regent cruisers at this point, and they should have the same welcome that we received in the past. And there are certainly some older Regent cruisers that may not feel comfortable without their expected hard copy documentation rather than needing to do things online.

The thrift store does sell them—people find them useful I guess as travel folders. It’s better than filling up landfills with them. And my financial charitable donations are made to the entities I support.

According to the email, people will get by regular mail the basic documents and the reinforced paper bag tags. Even if you don’t know how to turn on a computer, that is enough to get you onto the ship. 

13 hours ago, rcandkc said:

We have a printer but does everyone have one?  I never travel without hard copies …my phone could die.  I don’t like the change. 

You don't have to print anything, the luggage tags come via mail and you can download the Boarding document to your phone.  In fact, when we sailed Navigator last year, we didn't get the Boarding pass in the leather packet, but had to download to our phones or print it.  So the only real change is no leather pouch.  

If someone doesn't have either a cell phone or printer, call your TA and have them print and mail the boarding pass to you.  In the worst case, I'm sure you can get it all done at the port, but it will slow the boarding process.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

You don't have to print anything, the luggage tags come via mail and you can download the Boarding document to your phone.  In fact, when we sailed Navigator last year, we didn't get the Boarding pass in the leather packet, but had to download to our phones or print it.  So the only real change is no leather pouch.  

If someone doesn't have either a cell phone or printer, call your TA and have them print and mail the boarding pass to you.  In the worst case, I'm sure you can get it all done at the port, but it will slow the boarding process.

I NEVER travel relying on my phone.  I’ll be printing them. We do have a printer but many may not. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

If these items were useless, then why do you have a collection of them? Seems like they might have some value as a souvenir of your cruise.

I have them as i don't just like to dump things in the garbage but hope that i can somehow use them for something or give them to someone that might find them useful. I don't consider them a souvenir. My pictures i take and the art that i buy on my cruise are my souvenirs. 

I would like them to stop printing and sending us advertising.

I agree with this, i would love to not receive the almost daily brouchures. They automatically go into recycling with only my name and address removed.  I haven't cancelled all the mailings because there are a few mailings that i do enjoy getting.  It seems it is all or nothing. 

And there are certainly some older Regent cruisers that may not feel comfortable without their expected hard copy documentation rather than needing to do things online.

Maybe those who aren't comfortable could make arrangements with their TA to print and send them their documents. The harsh reality is that more and more is done online and probably the simpliest thing of all the new online procedures is printing your documents. 

19 hours ago, rcandkc said:

I NEVER travel relying on my phone.  I’ll be printing them. We do have a printer but many may not. 

In the past our document folder came from Regent via our TA.  If someone wants or needs someone else to print documents, simply notify your TA and he or she can print them and forward the printed copy.  

I wonder though, considering it's 2023 and that most Regent passengers are in a relatively high income bracket, exactly how many don't have either a printer or a smart phone?  

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

In the past our document folder came from Regent via our TA.  If someone wants or needs someone else to print documents, simply notify your TA and he or she can print them and forward the printed copy.  

I wonder though, considering it's 2023 and that most Regent passengers are in a relatively high income bracket, exactly how many don't have either a printer or a smart phone?  

Just screenshot the boarding pass on your phone - now you don't even need a signal. Not that you even need the boarding pass - in 450 nights, they have never asked to see it...just a passport and a credit card.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2023 at 7:53 PM, Anchorbuoy said:

Following a successful trial for our guests in Europe, all guests with bookings for sailings commencing after June 1, 2023, will now receive travel documentation via email approximately 21 days prior to sailing.

When we enquired about the demise of the document pack in the UK, we were told this by the Regent(UK) MD in April 2022:  "I can confirm that the UK and Europe has volunteered to trial an Edocs solution similar to those offered by almost every other brand in hospitality. It is a trial through June and we are gathering feedback, positive and negative. There are a many reasons why we see this as a positive step forward for Regent, cost cutting does not feature in the study.

I can assure you, we will do nothing to diminish the Regent experience and our intention is to continue to evolve and improve this experience at every touch point"

As we know the European 'trial' extended long past June 2022 and is only being rolled out worldwide this coming Summer.

At least Regent did respond to feedback. At the start of the trial, nothing was sent in the mail and the coloured deck luggage tags had to be picked up at the embarkation port. This did not work well and later in 2022 they moved to the present system of sending the labels out in advance which is a much better solution. I hope Regent never moves to DIY print at home labels reinforced with sellotape etc. 😱

On 5/9/2023 at 5:04 PM, 1982CruzStart said:

Maybe Regent would consider sending these items to first time cruisers as a welcome to the line and then go more digital on any return cruises. 

Excellent idea.

During our cruise at Christmas we met a couple from North America who were 'refugees' from Crystal, trying out various alternative cruise lines.

Their initial impression of Regent was very favourable. In particular they said “Regent thinks so carefully about the small details; for example we were so impressed with the full document pack that we received by mail in advance of the cruise” ............... 🙄

We passed this positive feedback to Regent on our return from the cruise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

Not that you even need the boarding pass - in 450 nights, they have never asked to see it

Security at Miami required us to show Boarding Passes and/or Cruise Vacation Summaries on entering the terminal building. 

13 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Security at Miami required us to show Boarding Passes and/or Cruise Vacation Summaries on entering the terminal building. 

Good to know...I've never been asked. That terminal is a complete crap shoot in every regard. 

14 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Based on the Regent Cruise in the Caribbean that we just finished, it's not a matter of your income bracket. It's a matter of how old you are, and what you can accomplish without a phone that works outside of the US. Once the phone doesn't work, many have no idea how to get it to work, and don't trust how much it will cost or if it will work, and are reluctant to tell their phone service to just give it to them. Verizon will prompt you almost everyday to check your voicemail, which will be from them, and trigger their international plan for the day.

11 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Based on the Regent Cruise in the Caribbean that we just finished, it's not a matter of your income bracket. It's a matter of how old you are, and what you can accomplish without a phone that works outside of the US. Once the phone doesn't work, many have no idea how to get it to work, and don't trust how much it will cost or if it will work, and are reluctant to tell their phone service to just give it to them. Verizon will prompt you almost everyday to check your voicemail, which will be from them, and trigger their international plan for the day.

We're only talking the Boarding Pass, not International calling or downloads. Just the boarding pass which you get a few weeks before the cruise.  If your comment is about already being in a foreign country when the docs are issued so you can't download them, well the same would hold true for the printed docs. They'll be sent to your home address, not your foreign hotel.  

But again, if someone is unable to download or print the Boarding pass, simply let your TA know and have him or her print them and mail them.