Chargers

We will hopefully be on a med cruise this summer from Barcelona to Rome on Enchantment. 
i have been hearing about issues people have had on other boards that they have had when boarding various Royal Caribbean ships at different ports where certain chargers are not being allowed even though were on the approved list from the cruise line that got confiscated at check-in. We will have 2 cell phones and a camera and am concerned what we have used on other overseas trips that were not cruises will not be allowed on the ship so wanted to check with the experts here to see which ones from your experience especially if you have gone on one in Europe would be ok so we do not have a problem. Thanks!

2 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Power strips with a cord are problematic as are any devices with surge protection.  

However, it is interesting to note that RCCL doesn't say that surge protectors are prohibited.  I've been asking, in several boards, for the written rule/policy for years and no one has answered that.  One person posted a FAQ that said they were prohibited but that was from RCCL Australia.  I'm not saying that something doesn't exist but I can't find it and apparently, nobody else has either, at least up until the present.  Many people have stated that they have been confiscated.  But, I don't think they challenged it at the terminal.  Just let them take it to be returned upon arrival back.  They tried to confiscate my drone in Seattle until I challenged them and I had a printed copy of the FAQ that authorizes them to be onboard but not flown onboard, which I had no intention of doing.  

10 hours ago, CynBeth6 said:

We will hopefully be on a med cruise this summer from Barcelona to Rome on Enchantment. 
i have been hearing about issues people have had on other boards that they have had when boarding various Royal Caribbean ships at different ports where certain chargers are not being allowed even though were on the approved list from the cruise line that got confiscated at check-in. We will have 2 cell phones and a camera and am concerned what we have used on other overseas trips that were not cruises will not be allowed on the ship so wanted to check with the experts here to see which ones from your experience especially if you have gone on one in Europe would be ok so we do not have a problem. Thanks!

there is a big difference between a converter, power cord and a simple adapter.  Converter is a no.  Power strips are a no.  A usb adapter (which you think is a charger but it is not, it is a adapter) is good.  You can plug your iPhone, and camera charger into either the 110 or 230 outlet.  All you need for the 230 is a simple adapter (costs about $.99 but usually sold in packages of 6) or a 230 plug with two USB outlets on it.  It is a tiny square with the Euro plug.  You can charge both iPhones at once.  Also, the very same type of plug can be brought for a 110 volt outlet, with two USB plugs.

The rules for ship is not dependent on the country, but the port.  The adapters are also able to be used if the ship was in the USA since the ships are exactly the same.