YC benefits at Ocean Cay?

Missymssy

2 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

That's been my experience and the experience of others......so far.

MSC can change (take away) things at any time.

I always say "drinks are wasted on us" in YC because we barely drink....well, ice cream won't be wasted on us (not for me anyway....DH does not have my sweet tooth),

Just 3 weeks to go....getting all excited!! 

6 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I always say "drinks are wasted on us" in YC because we barely drink....well, ice cream won't be wasted on us (not for me anyway....DH does not have my sweet tooth),

Just 3 weeks to go....getting all excited!! 

Three weeks for us today too --- Seaside 🙂

Tom

7 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Three weeks for us today too --- Seaside 🙂

Tom

Meraviglia!

We've had a really hard (healthwise for DH) winter....I never looked so forward to a cruise.  I booked us in YC strictly because I don't want him to have to wait in lines etc. (and the price was right),  Now he's looking forward to another Ocean Cay perk...the sit down meal with lobster roll!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

PS.......

Is the restaurant open all day....or limited hours?

Rather limited hours.  Lunch opens at 11:30 or 12:00 (can't quite remember) and is open for a few hours.  Drink service/bar service is available all day.

4 minutes ago, Linda W. said:

Did you keep the yacht club experience?  Geez.  And you were a Diamond member???  Maybe I’m not reading your tag right since I’ve not yet been on MSC.

12 hours ago, Linda W. said:

Did you keep the yacht club experience?  Geez.  And you were a Diamond member???  Maybe I’m not reading your tag right since I’ve not yet been on MSC.

We had a call with my lawyer and I was told I would not be able to step foot in YC.

I was told to just cancel and they would take care of me and make it right.  They were desperate to have me off.

They have never made it right, they did refund me in a few days after.

The thought of a 7 night salsa cruise till 5am was not appealing to me anyway.  

This shows what a company actually cares about it's customer.

They are a shipping company and treated not just me but others like cattle.

I was the last hold out.

If you do book MSC just be aware they may screw you over at anytime.

Have refundable air if flying and be prepared for them to tell you to go pound sand if something happens.

Not saying it will, many people have no issues but many do as well.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 12:09 PM, Gatordad1967 said:

agree with you wholehartedly.  Use a TA, and let them do the heavy lifting.

Question, If I booked 2 insides Yacht club through MSC and paid in full they can move me to a lower class? Please let me know what you mean by that.

23 minutes ago, Monstica said:

Question, If I booked 2 insides Yacht club through MSC and paid in full they can move me to a lower class? Please let me know what you mean by that.

Apparently it has happened - I'm not aware of the finer details/circumstances though.

Tom

25 minutes ago, Monstica said:

It has happened but that was an unusual circumstance. Technically, nearly every cruise line reserves the right to move guests for a multitude of reasons. There are stipulations that the cruise line is compelled to follow but on at least one occasion, someone was moved down without adequate compensation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Monstica said:

Thank you for replying, Carnival did this to me years ago because they were shooting a commercial with Kathy Lee but I was compensated for it.  Hopefully it won’t happen. 

Carnival changed our specialty dinner reservations (kicked it back perhaps 30+ minutes), but we didn't find out until we showed at the steakhouse. "Guy" (burger Guy) was in there with his family. When they did let us in one of his handlers came right up to us and said "when you walk by, just keep on walking - don't look or talk with him". I was like "I wasn't planning on it anyway". I might like his burgers, but I'm not a fan of "Guy" !!

Tom

On 4/11/2023 at 4:09 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Carnival changed our specialty dinner reservations (kicked it back perhaps 30+ minutes), but we didn't find out until we showed at the steakhouse. "Guy" (burger Guy) was in there with his family. When they did let us in one of his handlers came right up to us and said "when you walk by, just keep on walking - don't look or talk with him". I was like "I wasn't planning on it anyway". I might like his burgers, but I'm not a fan of "Guy" !!

Tom

Always thought he was a bit of an arse, this just proves it. Seemed he was on every second show on the FoodNetwork I figured he must own it. I discontinued subscribing to FoodNetwork because of him. But, yeah, the burgers are good at Guy's.

• Haha 1

On 4/7/2023 at 3:05 AM, mscdivina2016 said:

We had a call with my lawyer and I was told I would not be able to step foot in YC.

I was told to just cancel and they would take care of me and make it right.  They were desperate to have me off.

They have never made it right, they did refund me in a few days after.

The thought of a 7 night salsa cruise till 5am was not appealing to me anyway.  

This shows what a company actually cares about it's customer.

They are a shipping company and treated not just me but others like cattle.

I was the last hold out.

If you do book MSC just be aware they may screw you over at anytime.

Have refundable air if flying and be prepared for them to tell you to go pound sand if something happens.

Not saying it will, many people have no issues but many do as well.

Yet, you continue to sail with them.  I understand you had issues and if what you say is how it happened I would be pissed too.  However, I would not ever sail with them again.  

7 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

Yet, you continue to sail with them.  I understand you had issues and if what you say is how it happened I would be pissed too.  However, I would not ever sail with them again.  

Currently on Splendida in YC for 18 nights. Didn't plan on sailing with them anymore, but I did drunk book a week for this January. 

At least I have a reason to keep posting on this forum as I have one coming up. LoL

It did happen as I said otherwise I would not be able to say the things I do and whoever scans these forums from MSC would probably by now had the management shut me down.

As I keep saying, they need to "take care" of me as we were told and I am done.

10 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just spoke with YC director for a minute and will speak with him later after I get back from an excursion.

Spoke to him regarding (how they're supposed to take care of you)?

I thought what was done was done - unless they've promised something in return, and I can't say from what I'm learning about MSC customer service/care that I'd be holding my breath...

Tom

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Spoke to him regarding (how they're supposed to take care of you)?

I thought what was done was done - unless they've promised something in return, and I can't say from what I'm learning about MSC customer service/care that I'd be holding my breath...

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes they made representations that that have not fulfilled.

So I am just an annoyance and will continue to be. Land operations basically thru onboard under the bus. So here we have a company that does not care about passengers or staff.

• Thanks 1