Likelihood of Getting a Non-Stop Flight Using Oceania O'Life Inclusive Air

Luv2trvl18

46 minutes ago, FlaggMary said:

Are you on the Copenhagen to Tomoso on the Marina? That is our cruise.

No we are Oslo to Southampton. Marina is supposed to have its refurb end of April so looking forward to seeing the new decor. We have been on Riviera in the past but I have seen very little of the new suite, cabin refurbs since it began sailing again.

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

yes BA is an option...not the others for BCN...

we want AC stop over in YUL, but who knows if O will give it to us, that would be ideal to BCN....

Interesting.  The others are not an option?  I guess they are YOUR choice to not be an option.

IMO, you can't on the one hand say that your options are limited, and on the other hand, dismiss other carriers as being possible for you.

You don't like AC.  You don't like WestJet.  You don't like Air Transat.  Well, how about Delta, or American, or United, or BA, or Air France, or Lufthansa, or TAP, or KLM, or Austrian, or even LOT (plus a even more you could use).

Methinks you prefer to bemoan your created situation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

we want AC stop over in YUL, but who knows if O will give it to us, that would be ideal to BCN....

If I wanted specific flights  I  would pay the deviation fee  & choose the exact flights  I wanted

You choose to take your chances  with  what  O will give you 🙄

• Like 1

What I chose is to not pay unnecessarily. 

As far as bemoaning my created situation, I prefer to say, I like to discuss my created situation. If you were to use "bemoan", you would be insulting an awful lot of people here who would then stop "discussing" all sort of matters here. I'm sure that is not your intention, as that is what keeps CC alive and kicking.

Although I'm sure just with that slight, it will turn some people off.

Perhaps if you find an annoyance with someone's "discussion" of various issues, you could refrain from responding. But that is hard to do for some, even me. Lol

What I chose is to not pay unnecessarily. 

As far as bemoaning my created situation, I prefer to say, I like to discuss my created situation. If you were to use "bemoan", you would be insulting an awful lot of people here who would then stop "discussing" all sort of matters here. I'm sure that is not your intention, as that is what keeps CC alive and kicking.

Although I'm sure just with that slight, it will turn some people off.

Perhaps if you find an annoyance with someone's "discussion" of various issues, you could refrain from responding. But that is hard to do for some, even me. Lol

@jonthomas Fortunately or unfortunately social media cuts both ways.  The other unfortunate thing is the written word does not always show the writers true intent.  I am in no way an expert on the subject of Social Media.  Heck, I deleted my twitter, FaceBook and other accounts when I felt the true topics were to make everyone scared and mad.  That is an emotion I don't do well in my life.  

CruiseCritic.com regardless of which blog, brand or stream you are on, is a kinder and gentler place.  The best way to make that happen is to always try to provide supportive advise and when receiving a less then kind response, always take the high road. This approach for me is not the easiest approach because it take discipline, creativity and self reflections.  I have to really work on those characteristics every day because my gut wants me to attack, which is the low road.

Sometimes, people are simply taking our words and reading to much into them.  Other times they are not reading enough.  Either way I would rather have a discussion here than many other places on the internet.  Just my thoughts and not tied to anyone else

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

No we are Oslo to Southampton. Marina is supposed to have its refurb end of April so looking forward to seeing the new decor. We have been on Riviera in the past but I have seen very little of the new suite, cabin refurbs since it began sailing again.

I am on this itinerary this July. If you want to see Geiranger Fjord you will need to book an excursion privately out of Nordfjordeid. I waited too long and it's completely booked for this July. So, if you're interested, book it asap. Apparently Geirangerfjord is not to be missed. This is the outfit that will take you by bus from Nordfjordeid to Hellesylt, then on a boat for a tour of the fjord. 4 hour and 20 minute excursion.  https://www.fjordex.no/sightseeing-boat-geirangerfjord

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avalong said:

I am on this itinerary this July. If you want to see Geiranger Fjord you will need to book an excursion privately out of Nordfjordeid. I waited too long and it's completely booked for this July. So, if you're interested, book it asap. Apparently Geirangerfjord is not to be missed. This is the outfit that will take you by bus from Nordfjordeid to Hellesylt, then on a boat for a tour of the fjord. 4 hour and 20 minute excursion.  https://www.fjordex.no/sightseeing-boat-we do Granger for the next day. We actually cruise through the fjord in the morning so you’re getting to see all of it. I am doing the glacier in Nordfjordeid and a bus tour in Gerianger to see the fjord by land.

6 hours ago, avalong said:

I am on this itinerary this July. If you want to see Geiranger Fjord you will need to book an excursion privately out of Nordfjordeid. I waited too long and it's completely booked for this July. So, if you're interested, book it asap. Apparently Geirangerfjord is not to be missed. This is the outfit that will take you by bus from Nordfjordeid to Hellesylt, then on a boat for a tour of the fjord. 4 hour and 20 minute excursion.  https://www.fjordex.no/sightseeing-boat-geirangerfjord

Amazing thank you so much !!

5 hours ago, FlaggMary said:
6 hours ago, avalong said:

I am on this itinerary this July. If you want to see Geiranger Fjord you will need to book an excursion privately out of Nordfjordeid. I waited too long and it's completely booked for this July. So, if you're interested, book it asap. Apparently Geirangerfjord is not to be missed. This is the outfit that will take you by bus from Nordfjordeid to Hellesylt, then on a boat for a tour of the fjord. 4 hour and 20 minute excursion.  https://www.fjordex.no/sightseeing-boat-we do Granger for the next day. We actually cruise through the fjord in the morning so you’re getting to see all of it. I am doing the glacier in Nordfjordeid and a bus tour in Gerianger to see the fjord by land.

Thanks for all the info !!

23 hours ago, jonthomas said:

If you are flying premium economy on promotion with O Air and wanting AC flights for the transcontinental portion, then I think you might be disappointed with what you will get assigned.

It may have changed since last fall, but my TA was told by O Air that they did not have contracts with AC for premium economy promotion seats.  We could get AC flights flying economy only.

Perhaps the contracts change season-by-season and AC is now included in the premium economy promotion but I don't know how these contract cycles work.

4 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Back to flights with O.

Anyone use the new policy of going in a day or two earlier with no deviation fee?

Not aware of that policy. When did it come into effect and does it apply when you have these super promotion deals?

49 minutes ago, ShopperfiendTO said:

It may have changed since last fall, but my TA was told by O Air that they did not have contracts with AC for premium economy promotion seats.  We could get AC flights flying economy only.

Perhaps the contracts change season-by-season and AC is now included in the premium economy promotion but I don't know how these contract cycles work.

Could be  the  case   we did have PE   in 2019  LHR  to YYZ

13 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Back to flights with O.

Anyone use the new policy of going in a day or two earlier with no deviation fee?

I did, but the cruise isn't until 2025 so I can only speak to the process, which is straight forward.  I told my TA to book flight three days before and after the cruise and it shows on my invoice as a separate line item with no charge.  You still don't get to pick your flights without the deviation fee.

• Like 1

Can you not suggest a suitable flight?

I will be in touch with O in the next couple of days to test the waters and see if it all has to go through the TA or maybe they can give me some information directly. The flight is not till November, so there is plenty of time.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jonthomas said:

Can you not suggest a suitable flight?

I will be in touch with O in the next couple of days to test the waters and see if it all has to go through the TA or maybe they can give me some information directly. The flight is not till November, so there is plenty of time.

I do not believe you get that for nothing.  Let us know if you get what you want.

• Like 1

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I don't believe you get that for nothing".

No one is expecting to get anything for nothing.

The AC option may not be doable, but BA though LHR with a 3 hour layover is also a good option for us. Someone suggested that as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jonthomas said:

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I don't believe you get that for nothing".

No one is expecting to get anything for nothing.

The AC option may not be doable, but BA though LHR with a 3 hour layover is also a good option for us. Someone suggested that as well.

What I mean is literal, since they charge you for the privilege of selecting flights, I don't think they are going to give you that for nothing.   If you pay the variation fee, then you can request specific flights. 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 9:50 AM, ShopperfiendTO said:

If you are flying premium economy on promotion with O Air and wanting AC flights for the transcontinental portion, then I think you might be disappointed with what you will get assigned.

I have AC on an upcoming trip and we have the Premium Economy from YYZ to LHR. We purchased the promotion and was not able to get it on the return from DUB to DFW on Delta, but only because they were all sold out. We did get Premium Comfort on all the legs of the return, but it aint the same. At any rate it's my fault for not taking my included deviation and requesting flights at 270 days out, as we are traveling with friends that don't have the deviation and wanted to fly together. 

I thought I posted this last night, but maybe it didn't take, I can't imagine I said anything that needed to be deleted. 

• Like 1

So prem econ IS poss with AC?

I guess what I should do is 90 days out see what O gives us then decide if we can live with it. We don't have included deviation, not till we reach that level, and don't want to pay for it. No other line charges this exorbitant fee.

We ARE going in two days earlier, so that does give us some comfort.

So prem econ IS poss with AC?

I guess what I should do is 90 days out see what O gives us then decide if we can live with it. We don't have included deviation, not till we reach that level, and don't want to pay for it. No other line charges this exorbitant fee.

We ARE going in two days earlier, so that does give us some comfort.

You are confusing terms and definitions.

Oceania no longer requires you to pay a deviation fee for flying in early or leaving late. This was once a perk for status members that has been extended to everyone.

Anyone can request specific flights from O Air anytime after the 270 day marker. The various airlines place a certain number of seats in the discount pool. That pool is small for PE seats. One’s best shot at getting good connections is booking early and not waiting for all the other organizations ( think Princess Air or trip consolidators) to take them first.

Here is the Black Box. Cruisers have no clue as to whether a requested airline and/or itinerary is in the discount pool or not. Oceania/NCL Air is the only one knowing that. They make the decision as to whether to offer you the itinerary with no additional costs, or whether to offer it with additional costs. Their game. Any upcharge for requested flights is NOT a deviation fee. It is purely an upcharge for that specific flight. Other flights for that day may be available with no additional fares.

In today’s airline market, it is generally foolish to wait to book flights. Seat demand and supply are not in balance.

Once a Travel Agent has been designated as your Agent, they will be involved in the negotiation and information exchange with Oceania Air. If you don’t want an Agent to be involved, don’t designate an Agent, it’s your choice. However, if you do designate an Agent for your cruise contract, the cruise line in contractually obligated to go through that Agent on most matters financially affecting the contract. Fairly simple, chose DIY or Agent upfront and live with the choice .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

You are confusing terms and definitions.

Oceania no longer requires you to pay a deviation fee for flying in early or leaving late. This was once a perk for status members that has been extended to everyone.

Anyone can request specific flights from O Air anytime after the 270 day marker. The various airlines place a certain number of seats in the discount pool. That pool is small for PE seats. One’s best shot at getting good connections is booking early and not waiting for all the other organizations ( think Princess Air or trip consolidators) to take them first.

Here is the Black Box. Cruisers have no clue as to whether a requested airline and/or itinerary is in the discount pool or not. Oceania/NCL Air is the only one knowing that. They make the decision as to whether to offer you the itinerary with no additional costs, or whether to offer it with additional costs. Their game. Any upcharge for requested flights is NOT a deviation fee. It is purely an upcharge for that specific flight. Other flights for that day may be available with no additional fares.

In today’s airline market, it is generally foolish to wait to book flights. Seat demand and supply are not in balance.

Once a Travel Agent has been designated as your Agent, they will be involved in the negotiation and information exchange with Oceania Air. If you don’t want an Agent to be involved, don’t designate an Agent, it’s your choice. However, if you do designate an Agent for your cruise contract, the cruise line in contractually obligated to go through that Agent on most matters financially affecting the contract. Fairly simple, chose DIY or Agent upfront and live with the choice .

Interesting because I just booked a cruise for 2024 and there was a deviation fee for traveling the day before 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisingagain2022 said:

Interesting because I just booked a cruise for 2024 and there was a deviation fee for traveling the day before 

Maybe the free deviation was only for 2023??

We booked our own air  so never checked on the new deal