Club Class dining allow a guest?

KittyCruiser

3 minutes ago, LARGIN said:

Am a single passenger and since I paid double wonder if I can bring a guest with me in Club Class. 

Nope. It is not how much you paid, it is what type of cabin the guest is in.

@KittyCruiser I have direct experience with this issue and multi-generational and multi-family cruises.  We had Club Class dining a few cruises back and were sailing with our in-laws.  We had a suite and they had a nearby balcony cabin.  They were not on the list for CC dining and they would not seat them.  The couple of nights we all dined together we just did MDR and one night we did specialty dining.  Lucky for us my in-laws were not attached to our hips through the cruise and they preferred to have dinner much earlier than my wife and I; especially on port days, they were quite tired when we all got back to the ship.  So they had an early bird dinner in the buffet on some nights and we then used our CC dining benefit.  They had already settled in for the night by the time we were headed to dinner.  This is one of those topics that I warn people about when I have their ear.  If you are planning a family cruise and there will be multiple cabins, and say you book Club Class or Reserve Collection and others in your travel party have regular cabins, you'll find that you don't dine CC much if you all want to have dinner together at night, or you will have to go dine CC on your own and let everyone else fend for themselves.

• Like 1

If she did not book a cabin w access she should not be allowed in.  I do not see what her age should have to do w it.  No exceptions.  I can't figure out why this is so hard to understand.

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

If she did not book a cabin w access she should not be allowed in.  I do not see what her age should have to do w it.  No exceptions.  I can't figure out why this is so hard to understand.

DON

Because some people think their situation is special and should be an exception. On a cruise a few years ago a suite passenger brought their daughter who was in a balcony to Sabatini’s breakfast one morning and the host quickly and quietly let know not to do it again

A few years back on the Caribbean Princess for a B2B and we were allowed to have my sister join us in Club Class for dinner one evening.  She had booked a balcony cabin with a friend while we were in a full suite (Grand Suite).  I think we were granted this special request once because we had booked the Grand Suite.  The Club Class maître de' had to get special permission from the Head Chef for just the one instance.  It was a HUGE thrill for my sister.

On 3/23/2023 at 8:08 PM, startedwithamouse said:

The worst answer is no, I would definitely ask ONLY  because she's paid double for her cabin. 

Keep in mind that even with a solo passenger paying twice the fare the cruise line loses money on what they would get with 2 people in the room since 30% of cruise line revenue comes from on board spend so 2 people in the room generates 2.84F where as a solo cabin paying double fare generates 2.42F.  

In

23 hours ago, jeromep said:

@KittyCruiser I have direct experience with this issue and multi-generational and multi-family cruises.  We had Club Class dining a few cruises back and were sailing with our in-laws.  We had a suite and they had a nearby balcony cabin.  They were not on the list for CC dining and they would not seat them.  The couple of nights we all dined together we just did MDR and one night we did specialty dining.  Lucky for us my in-laws were not attached to our hips through the cruise and they preferred to have dinner much earlier than my wife and I; especially on port days, they were quite tired when we all got back to the ship.  So they had an early bird dinner in the buffet on some nights and we then used our CC dining benefit.  They had already settled in for the night by the time we were headed to dinner.  This is one of those topics that I warn people about when I have their ear.  If you are planning a family cruise and there will be multiple cabins, and say you book Club Class or Reserve Collection and others in your travel party have regular cabins, you'll find that you don't dine CC much if you all want to have dinner together at night, or you will have to go dine CC on your own and let everyone else fend for themselves.

12 hours ago, memoak said:

Because some people think their situation is special and should be an exception. On a cruise a few years ago a suite passenger brought their daughter who was in a balcony to Sabatini’s breakfast one morning and the host quickly and quietly let know not to do it again

5 hours ago, SDWalt said:

A few years back on the Caribbean Princess for a B2B and we were allowed to have my sister join us in Club Class for dinner one evening.  She had booked a balcony cabin with a friend while we were in a full suite (Grand Suite).  I think we were granted this special request once because we had booked the Grand Suite.  The Club Class maître de' had to get special permission from the Head Chef for just the one instance.  It was a HUGE thrill for my sister.

In 2019 I did a family cruise with 18 total of us. My family (3 of us) were in the Grand Suite on the Star. Every night we ate dinner with family in the regular dining room. Most mornings, my teen did not join us for Sabatini breakfast.

One morning, I brought my 90yo father (who was in an inside with a grandson)  to breakfast with me as my husband was sleeping in and Dad was awake. No problems bringing him in with me. I don't think he ordered much more than a coffee, but they would have served him anything.

I would never consider bringing anyone else into CC dining room or Sabatinis Suite breakfast, but just showing that exceptions can be made. I am sure the fact that it was not a daily thing, and that Dad was really old helped.