Late Flight Out of SJ

3 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Next week I'm doing a b-2-b on the Voyager out of SJ, and have a 6:30 pm flight back to the US, any ideas on how to kill the time before the flight instead of sitting at the airport?

Since you won't be able to check in until 230pm, I've done Barrachinas then rented bikes or wandered around.  Also have done the Marriott day pass.  Once did a tour to El Yunque.  Only reason i did the Marriott was they had showers and changing room.  They too held our luggage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Since you won't be able to check in until 230pm, I've done Barrachinas then rented bikes or wandered around.  Also have done the Marriott day pass.  Once did a tour to El Yunque.  Only reason i did the Marriott was they had showers and changing room.  They too held our luggage.

Your time frame suggests you can't check in until 4 hours before departure time. We just flew home from SJU 3 weeks ago and were told it was not more than 3 hours prior to departure. This was on Southwest. Maybe other airlines are different?

OP - we had a late flight a bunch of years ago. We took a ship-sponsored tour to the Bacardi Rum factory. It was interesting. RCI loaded our luggage on the bus, took us to Bacardi and then to the airport after that.

Just now, cruiseguy1016 said:

Your time frame suggests you can't check in until 4 hours before departure time. We just flew home from SJU 3 weeks ago and were told it was not more than 3 hours prior to departure. This was on Southwest. Maybe other airlines are different?

OP - we had a late flight a bunch of years ago. We took a ship-sponsored tour to the Bacardi Rum factory. It was interesting. RCI loaded our luggage on the bus, took us to Bacardi and then to the airport after that.

I think Delta is and I know AA is.  Regardless 3 or 4 hours it's a long time to basically sit on a floor at SJU with all your luggage.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I think Delta is and I know AA is.  Regardless 3 or 4 hours it's a long time to basically sit on a floor at SJU with all your luggage.

23 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Royal Caribbean has excursions for post-Voyager cruisers.

We did the "Old San Juan On Your Own" excursion. $20 per person. When you get off the ship you put your suitcases into a truck and you get on a bus. The bus takes you to Old San Juan where you can wander and explore for a few hours. Then get back on the bus at a pre-arranged time and they take you to the airport where your bags are waiting for you. 

They have another similar excursion except the time in OSJ is a guided tour. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

Airport policy is 4 hours but some airlines might be less.  United is 4 as of a month ago.  Had one case in Fort Lauderdale a few years back where Frontier didn't even man their desk until 2 hours before flight and same agents also handled the gate.  We don't fly Frontier any more.

If you decide to just go to the airport, SJU has two clubs you can buy into.  They can be found at terminals A & C.  Food, drinks & WIFI offered at both for $40 a person.

Both also have flight monitors so you dont lose track of time.

• Like 1

Thanks

17 hours ago, Wildgrits said:

If you decide to just go to the airport, SJU has two clubs you can buy into.  They can be found at terminals A & C.  Food, drinks & WIFI offered at both for $40 a person.

Both also have flight monitors so you dont lose track of time.