Deviation and Custom Air Questions

bcolts

We have an air credit and want to use it for a cruise that we have booked.  We want to arrive 6 days early and take a side trip.  Does Oceania allow a 6 day early arrival using included  Oceania airfare.  Also what is a custom air request and would that help us?

Thanks for the help.

If you want to arrive 6 days before cruise departure, you would pay the deviation fee of $199/pp which would allow you to choose itinerary, times, airline, etc. You would submit your choice(s). If you accept what they offer (which could also involve an air differential) you would then pay the non-refundable fee. This is considered a 'custom air request'. They now offer the option of arriving up to 3 days early and staying up to 3 days later at no additional charge, but you must accept what they offer in terms of itinerary, flights, etc. Your other option, of course, is to do your air independently of O's.

1 hour ago, bcolts said:

We have an air credit and want to use it for a cruise that we have booked.  We want to arrive 6 days early and take a side trip.  Does Oceania allow a 6 day early arrival using included  Oceania airfare.  Also what is a custom air request and would that help us?

Thanks for the help.

Can you clarify the "Air Credit"?

Where is it from?

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Can you clarify the "Air Credit"?

Where is it from?

It  has nothing to do with Oceania.  It was an “air credit” we received for a flight for a land trip that we had to cancel.

2 hours ago, jazznruby said:

If you want to arrive 6 days before cruise departure, you would pay the deviation fee of $199/pp which would allow you to choose itinerary, times, airline, etc. You would submit your choice(s). If you accept what they offer (which could also involve an air differential) you would then pay the non-refundable fee. This is considered a 'custom air request'. They now offer the option of arriving up to 3 days early and staying up to 3 days later at no additional charge, but you must accept what they offer in terms of itinerary, flights, etc. Your other option, of course, is to do your air independently of O's.

Thank you for your info!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bcolts said:

It  has nothing to do with Oceania.  It was an “air credit” we received for a flight for a land trip that we had to cancel.

If the air credit is independent of Oceania, I think you're better off using that air credit and booking your own air separate from O. No need to pay for deviations, etc. since the cruise line isn't involved, unless you wanted to use the credit from that airline (assuming that's who issued it).

Edited by DCGuy64
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, bcolts said:

Thanks   that is what I thought

I would use it  not via Oceania

Deal with whoever issued the credit

Trying to use it with  Oceania  would just complicate matters  in my opinion

Is there any way to speak directly with someone in Oceania's flight department without going through my travel agent? My agent is unaware of the new policy of being able to go 1-3 days early. Has anyone used this successfully?

1 hour ago, gotravel said:

Is there any way to speak directly with someone in Oceania's flight department without going through my travel agent? My agent is unaware of the new policy of being able to go 1-3 days early. Has anyone used this successfully?

Ask your TA to arrange  a 3 way call with you & the air dept

You cannot speak directly  with the air dept if you have a TA

You could always try though 😉

2 hours ago, gotravel said:

I've just booked flights on a new booking for a 2025 cruise through O with 3 days added before and after the cruise.  I used my travel agent.

My travel agent just called Oceania about our flights for a cruise 126 days from now. They said the flight department is swamped and 2 weeks behind, so we can't speak with them. Does anyone know if we can cancel our flights for an August cruise and still receive a credit? We haven't been ticketed yet, but can't get any answers about going a day early. I have learned a lesson! Never again will I book air through a cruise line.

20 minutes ago, gotravel said:

My travel agent just called Oceania about our flights for a cruise 126 days from now. They said the flight department is swamped and 2 weeks behind, so we can't speak with them. Does anyone know if we can cancel our flights for an August cruise and still receive a credit? We haven't been ticketed yet, but can't get any answers about going a day early. I have learned a lesson! Never again will I book air through a cruise line.

Probably  but I would check the amount of the credit now  it may be less than before

Regent has gone to a $75 fee to have a call to discuss custom air. If you accept the custom itinerary they credit the fee toward their deviation charge which is still $175. Hope Oceania does not do the same.

7 hours ago, gotravel said:

Does anyone know if we can cancel our flights for an August cruise and still receive a credit?

Last I knew you could drop 'standard' air out before final payment with no penalty. Our TA usually includes O air at the beginning, and then we drop it if we don't use it. In the past the air credit # did indeed change over time for the same cruise, although more recently it seems to be more 'set'. Suggest you ask your TA before making any changes so you know what the changes will be!