another data breach? My.silversea reveals random peoples details - and different each time I log in!

les37b

Logged in to my.silversea and surprised to see an upcoming Yokohama sailing shown. When I looked, I was inside someone else's booking. 

I logged out, came back in and now in another persons account.

Did this several times and keeps getting different peoples details - which drilling in reveals info such as passport details - as well as all the booking, flight etc details and excursions booked.

What the hell is going on?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Neilio said:

Same here. One can see passport and personal info for different people each time you go into the site. This is very serious.

London offices are closed, but wouldnt be a bad move to contact the US office and tell them to shut it off until they sort it. 

I just hope whoever accesses my account doesnt change my excursions or details... (or use the details for something dodgy!)

Just now, les37b said:

London offices are closed, but wouldnt be a bad move to contact the US office and tell them to shut it off until they sort it. 

I have just done now - I have contacted a senior exec by phone and they are onto it now 

Confirming I also get this issue with access to someone else’s information 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

I've got three different people's trips to Alaska in July 23.

Must be something with Alaska sailings, as I have a woman from Florida's Alaska booking this May.  But, all of my bookings are in the account too.

What's even more strange is that I have gentleman's email address who'll be on Silver Explorer in 29-days, but not his actual booking.  And, at the same time, the VS loyalty statement shown is a woman from Canada.

For those know, I bet Voldemort is blowing gasket about now.

• Haha 2

I don't think it's Alaska specific, Stumblefoot. I have itineraries from Fiji to Australia in a month and Lisbon to somewhere about a year from now that aren't mine. Have had several different names come up with all contact info. I keep logging off and logging back in and having new people pop up. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

Must be something with Alaska sailings, as I have a woman from Florida's Alaska booking this May. 

No - my alternate persona’s are off to the Caribbean and another to Italy 

It’s been escalated to the boss so hopefully it gets shut down immediately while they resolve it 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Oh man.  I just saw this, logged onto my.silversea.com, and I've got three different people's trips to Alaska in July 23.

If you drill in, you will get even more mixed up data.

Sometimes I get my email address shown and bookings correct, but click on activities or details and its back to random guests.

Don't think its location specific as I've seem lots of regions shown.

Hopefully they take this off line ASAP before someone deliberately or accidently starts messing with these bookings. 

Just now, Stumblefoot said:

Because most "top execs" at SS would have no idea how to do such a thing.  

They know how to use a phone to ring the right person who does 

This is definitely taking too long to be dealt with - access should have been closed down at least 30 minutes ago

1 minute ago, Stumblefoot said:

Because most "top execs" at SS would have no idea how to do such a thing.  

I agree its not something the execs would have a clue about but I'd like to think the IT department is open and taking this off line in the meantime should be very easy to do. (I could disable my personal sites in seconds.)

Maybe the IT department are email only - or charge £75 to take calls? 😅

• Haha 4