Rapid approval for shareholder credit

BrianI

I was amazed how quick my application went today.

Timeline….

1131 email sent

1132 received auto confirmation of email receipt 

1141P&O email received confirming credit and said they would send to my TA

1201 email from my TA confirming the credit and issued a revised invoice.

So 30 mins from start to finish

Brian

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, BrianI said:

I was amazed how quick my application went today.

Timeline….

1131 email sent

1132 received auto confirmation of email receipt 

1141P&O email received confirming credit and said they would send to my TA

1201 email from my TA confirming the credit and issued a revised invoice.

So 30 mins from start to finish

Brian

That must be a world record Brian  I would give Guiness a ring.

• Haha 3

They certainly seem to be on the ball at the moment applying the Shareholder Credit.

This thread prompted me to send the email for my forthcoming Arvia Cruise. Email sent yesterday at 4.35pm, response and new booking confirmation this morning at 8.43am. 

You cannot fault service like that. 

I regularly trade shares as a hobby so am not a long term holder of Carnival shares. I buy them after making the booking and sell after the cruise when there is a profit to be taken. Don't get me wrong at times I've held those shares for longer than planned but never not taken a reasonable return. At the moment with the share price being just £7.34 its a no brainer to buy some and get the credit. 

So, in answer to your question you will be fine buying after booking and applying to any upcoming cruise. The only advice I would give is ensure you retain those shares until after you have taken the cruise that way you are not breaking any rules. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Lol. It's probably this new Artificial Intelligence doing all the work!!

They will be answering our questions before we even ask them soon enough !!

Won't be long before P and O replace Moleochip with an AI poster on here 

We won't know who's real and who's a robot the way its going

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, WelshmanAtSea said:

you are not breaking any rules

There are no rules to break in that respect.

The only rule is that you have to hold the shares at the time of applying for the shareholder benefit and that the application is within the current time-frame.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, welshy74 said:

I am thinking of buying 100 shares but does anyone know if the benefits can apply to cruises already booked, or will it only apply for cruises I booked after the date I buy the shares?  

The benefit can be applied to any cruise you have all ready booked. Apply no earlier than 3 months before sailing date and no later than 21 days before.

Brian

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrianI said:

The benefit can be applied to any cruise you have all ready booked. Apply no earlier than 3 months before sailing date and no later than 21 days before.

Brian

You beat me to it, I was about to point out you have to apply by a certain time before the cruise, so could not buy last minute.

We applied for ours yesterday afternoon and took less than 2.5 hours to get the confirmation.  Received new invoice from agent at 9.41 this morning.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

This link should answer your questions

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

The benefit is available on all Carnival cruise lines I.e. Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa, Carnival, Seaborne, Aida etc.

Note the benefit is better on the dollar based ships, (Cunard & Princess) where you get $250 for two weeks compared to £150 on P&O.

Brian

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BrianI said:

This link should answer your questions

https://ask.completecruisesolution.com/help/ext/PO/why-book-with-us/more-info-share-holder

The benefit is available on all Carnival cruise lines I.e. Cunard, Princess, Holland America, Costa, Carnival, Seaborne, Aida etc.

Note the benefit is better on the dollar based ships, (Cunard & Princess) where you get $250 for two weeks compared to £150 on P&O.

Brian

For anybody who cruises a lot then £734 for 100 shares could be paid back in a couple of years with OBC

Am I missing anything before I buy?

Edited by Interestedcruisefan

4 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

Just make sure you buy Carnival PLC shares traded on the London stock exchange rather than Carnival Corporation shares traded on the New York stock exchange.

Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

For anybody who cruises a lot then £734 for 100 shares could be paid back in a couple of years with OBC

When i bought years ago they were £2200 for 100 shares and I have received more than that in shareholder benefit OBC. This year I calculate my additional onboard credit will be equivalent to 28% of that £2200 tax free. In better times you also get a quarterly dividend, also tax free. The best investment i ever made, apart from the house of course.

Note the OBC is per cabin not per person so you only need 100 shares

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BrianI said:

Brian

We've already booked Arvia for next Jan. 

Can anyone recommend a share platform to buy the shares or baby steps in completing the process . Cheers

Edited by doog442
  • Like 1

I bought my shares from Iquinity who do not charge to hold them and when claiming shareholder benefit I send this email to  shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com

Would you please apply my shareholder benefit for my upcoming cruise.
Shares with Equiniti
Shareholder reference – XXXXXXXXXXX
Name – Mr David XXXXXXXX
Booking Reference – XXXXXX
Ship – P&O Arvia
Sailing Date – XX XXXX 2023

Thanks
Dave XXXXXXXX

You will need to buy 100 shares in Carnival UK and you will get a shareholder reference

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BrianI said:

Just make sure you buy Carnival PLC shares traded on the London stock exchange rather than Carnival Corporation shares traded on the New York stock exchange.

Brian

Suggest that you ask for the shares to be registered in your name so you physically get the certificate, then you only need to quote the certificate number and shareholder reference when applying for these benefits. If the certificates are held on your behalf by the broker which appears to be the norm these days then you need to send proof of a holding every time you apply.

• Like 1

Even if shares are held by the company you buy from, its easy to get the shareholder benefit applied. By forwarding the email to the share holder team at Carnival at least 3 weeks prior to departure, with an attachment of a  copy of your latest statement, with account number crossed out. 

Full details shown here

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

Edited by LifeonMars
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill Y said:

Suggest that you ask for the shares to be registered in your name so you physically get the certificate, then you only need to quote the certificate number and shareholder reference when applying for these benefits. If the certificates are held on your behalf by the broker which appears to be the norm these days then you need to send proof of a holding every time you apply.

Not if your shares are with Equiniti, I think P&O have a current list of Equinity shareholders and their reference numbers. Th email example I showed above has always worked for me, last time in less than a hour.

1 hour ago, LifeonMars said:

Even if shares are held by the company you buy from, its easy to get the shareholder benefit applied. By forwarding the email to the share holder team at Carnival at least 3 weeks prior to departure, with an attachment of a  copy of your latest statement, with account number crossed out. 

Full details shown here

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/bc1b7f04-a3e8-4176-91ac-a529290fe45d

But isn't that a bit of a faff, I also believe that some brokers will forward conformation to P&O on your behalf. The final straw for me was some years ago when P&O said they would not accept emails with attachments, the email would be rejected. They were adamant that the proof had to be sent via post or fax. I felt like enquiring that as they were such a forward looking company, was the new ship that they were trumpeting later to be named Britannia to be powered by coal. We then had the shares put in our name.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bill Y said:

But isn't that a bit of a faff, I also believe that some brokers will forward conformation to P&O on your behalf. The final straw for me was some years ago when P&O said they would not accept emails with attachments, the email would be rejected. They were adamant that the proof had to be sent via post or fax. I felt like enquiring that as they were such a forward looking company, was the new ship that they were trumpeting later to be named Britannia to be powered by coal. We then had the shares put in our name.

No faff at all. One email direct to the company. Done.  Why get more people involved? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LifeonMars said:

No faff at all. One email direct to the company. Done.  Why get more people involved? 

Yes That is exactly what I do one email to P&O, no one else involved, no downloading or screen grabs, no redacting, no scanning and attaching!

• Like 1