Whole pizzas on room service menu

Cruise Raider

$3 - we're talking about $3 ... Not a real land delivery service which a prominent pizza joint is $4.99 - not $3 - and that's just the delivery service fee ... so is $3 really that important??

yes, I know the cost of the pizza and 'grats' is included in the fare/grats paid on the ship

but $3 ... really??  to have it delivered to your cabin and not have to go to the pizza joint on lido or wherever , wait in line? 

$3

Enjoy it while you can ...🤑

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

$3 - we're talking about $3 ... Not a real land delivery service which a prominent pizza joint is $4.99 - not $3 - and that's just the delivery service fee ... so is $3 really that important??

yes, I know the cost of the pizza and 'grats' is included in the fare/grats paid on the ship

but $3 ... really??  to have it delivered to your cabin and not have to go to the pizza joint on lido or wherever , wait in line? 

$3

do you realize that i say this about every upcharge, all the way to speciality dining and the premier package,  the lobster tails, premium suites or balcony's...

it's just money, you get what you pay for and it's not that big of a deal if you want those things- there will be an associated cost 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 12:07 PM, voljeep said:

$3

I know .. $3 is not a big deal.  Just noting that the extra charge no longer exists but, I imagine it can come back at any time. 

Pizza is a cheap food, they'd rather you eat that, they want to fill you up with cheap food.

Look at the international cafe, lots of cheap bread offerings, no salads or good desserts like before. 

Cost savings. They take away the nominal $3 fee, people eat more of the cheap food.

• Like 1

Was on Sky in March was able to order a whole pizza to the room for free.  Was ok, but I liked the basic pizza slice from pizza place on the deck by the pool better.  Just something about late night eats after drinking you want the greasy slice.  The fries everywhere on princess are so good as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Pizza is a cheap food, they'd rather you eat that, they want to fill you up with cheap food.

Look at the international cafe, lots of cheap bread offerings, no salads or good desserts like before. 

Cost savings. They take away the nominal $3 fee, people eat more of the cheap food.

I’m not sure I eat more pizza now that the delivered pizza is complimentary than we did before as we travel with someone that is so picky, we oftentimes go to Alfredo’s or GiGis, anyway.  If we are all gathered to watch an event or activity, we order a pizza wherever we may be with some salads to go with it.  
Amongst all the different cruiselines, Princess really does have the best pizza, IMO.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2023 at 10:50 AM, startedwithamouse said:

You've got that right. Feed people all they can eat along with hot dogs, French fry's & hamburgers & they wouldn't go for the prime rib, salmon or even the occasional steak.

I'm not a big pizza fan but still didn't think much of what they served in Gi-Gi's. 

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

You've got that right. Feed people all they can eat along with hot dogs, French fry's & hamburgers & they wouldn't go for the prime rib, salmon or even the occasional steak.

I'm not a big pizza fan but still didn't think much of what they served in Gi-Gi's. 

Gigi's/Alfredos can vary by ship.  Majestic had the best pizza in Alfredo's.  Gigi's lately on Discovery has been bland and boring. 

55 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Gigi's/Alfredos can vary by ship.  Majestic had the best pizza in Alfredo's.  Gigi's lately on Discovery has been bland and boring. 

I'm not the best judge for pizza but we found that Alfredos on the Royal Princess to be superior to the other dishes offered on the Enchanted. 

That was before the Covid shutdown. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 8:33 AM, startedwithamouse said:

Oh my goodness, we just ate there last night and it was fantastic!  We had a salad, the Rolatta and ordered a split pizza.  There must have been a communication error as we got two whole pizzas.  Yikes … we couldn’t finish it but what we had was delish.  I guess, to each his own! 

• Like 2

We’re on the Coral Princess which does not have an Alfredo’s/Gigi’s and we haven’t ordered pizza from room service BUT we have been pleasantly surprised to attend an Alfredo’s lunch in Sabatini’s offered a couple of times a week (noon to 1:30) on sea days during our 4 week cruise.  It is the pizza only menu found on the non-Royal class ships with an Alfredo’s, cooked in Sabatini’s pizza ovens and is delicious (and popular).  No charge either.

• Like 2