Latitudes Promo: Three extra bonus points

LetsGoToo

I received an email this morning with the following:

Extra Bonus Points: Three additional points per night on 3+ night sailings on select 2023 Alaska, Europe & Transatlantic ships. Other restrictions may apply.  Terms & Conditions.

However, the terms and conditions aren’t posted on the website yet. It appears to be a continuation of the promo that ended March 31. 

Triple extra points per night is new, NCL doesn't repeat "this" often for "select" cruises - meaning, based on their best projections, are still under-performing with new sales or bookings.  Double extra points per night has been running post-Christmas 2022.  

Technically, someone finding a (sweet) deal on a suite can get as much as 5 total points per night ... times 7 night for a total of 35 points.  On one of the "eligible" 15 nights TA cruise - one can book last-minute solo (just Insides available) at a bargain steal rate with all the FAS and get 60 Latitudes point, that's crazy - can nearly jump instantly to Platinum afterward with just 2 to 3 "smart" sailings booked.  

T&C aren't always "promptly" updated to reflect the changes - proof will be in Amenity Confirmation emailed after reservation or (mock) booking is made.   

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

one of the "eligible" 15 nights TA cruise - one can book last-minute solo (just Insides available) at a bargain steal rate with all the FAS and get 60 Latitudes point, that's crazy

Which 15-day cruise is eligible for that offer?

6 minutes ago, yankprintster said:

Which 15-day cruise is eligible for that offer?

Sorry for responding to myself.  I just noticed I got a copy of the email as well.  Looks like it is for a cruise on the Epic in April.  Unfortunately, I'll be on a transpacific cruise on Carnival Lukinosa during that same time so can't take advantage of the NCL offer on that one.

• Like 1

We are booked on the Getaway for an 11 night cruise in October (October 1st embarkation from Southampton, UK), and we are getting the 3 bonus points per night. So we're racking up 44 points just from this one trip.

The 2 extra points (triple points) on almost any cruise had to be booked by 3/31/2023 (and 3 extra points (quad points) on select Alaska and European cruises). Sounds like they extended the 3 extra point cruises.

I have four cruises booked this year with the 2 extra points offer.... not that I will ever hit ambassador. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Are you working with a travel agency, perhaps they might be able to tell you? 

Maybe only selected ships qualify for the transatlantic booking. I believe the March latitude that the getaway, Dawn, gem and star. 

The April latitude might be the same?

1 hour ago, seaolafoptimusprime said:

On the Epic TA advertised in the promo email.  Tried chatting with a rep just now to adjust and they only see two extra points on that itinerary.  Must still be working its way through the system.  I'm going to call sometime this AM and see if reservations can attach it.

Spent 15min on the phone with a rep, who had no idea about the new promotion or any applicability to the Epic TA sailing despite it being in the email that went out this morning.  I've sent an inquiry to Guest Experience to poke further.

Have you already booked your cruise on the Epic Transatlantic? Check the codes in the upper right corner of your invoice. Do you have a code that is LATDBLX?  That means you will get a total of 3 latitude reward points per night (2 extra latitude reward points in addition to the 1).  I know you had to book within a specific timeframe and guessing from your email they may have extended that booking timeframe.

There is a thread on this group that has alot of the NCL codes and their definitions.

Just now, genealogyfan said:

Have you already booked your cruise on the Epic Transatlantic? Check the codes in the upper right corner of your invoice. Do you have a code that is LATDBLX?  That means you will get a total of 3 latitude reward points per night (2 extra latitude reward points in addition to the 1).  I know you had to book within a specific timeframe and guessing from your email they may have extended that booking timeframe.

There is a thread on this group that has alot of the NCL codes and their definitions.

Booked, and currently have LATDBLX.  The email this morning indicates the sailing is eligible for LATRIPLE, (3 extra + 1 = 4).  That's what I'm trying to iron out.  I want my extra 15 days for a total of 60.

6 minutes ago, seaolafoptimusprime said:

Booked, and currently have LATDBLX.  The email this morning indicates the sailing is eligible for LATRIPLE, (3 extra + 1 = 4).  That's what I'm trying to iron out.  I want my extra 15 days for a total of 60.

I understand. That would be sweet if you get 4 points per night for such a long cruise.

THIS IS NOT CURRENT.

This was the three extra points promotion that ended on Friday 3/31/2023. Sounds like they extended this promotion and added a few TAs.... 

THREE EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: February 1 - March 31, 2023 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: 3+ night Alaska & Europe sailings in 2023 on the following ships only:

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

• Europe Cruises
    • Norwegian Dawn
    • Norwegian Gem
    • Norwegian Getaway
    • Norwegian Star

Terms & Conditions

• Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).
  • Offer is applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation only.
  • Two extra Latitudes points are per person, per night on the reservation.
  • Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.
  • Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing FS or Traditional group and count towards tour conductor credits.
  • Promotion cannot be held as a new or existing traditional or FS group block.
  • Promotion is not applicable to Traditional Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour, NettourC, CHARTERS, CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE.
  • Promotion is not applicable to FS Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour or NettourC (classification type).
  • Offer is not combinable with charter or inaugural sailings.
  • To take advantage of this offer and ensure receipt of Latitudes benefits on board, guest needs to provide Latitudes membership number at time of booking.
  • In order to qualify guest must be enrolled in the Latitudes program and have completed at least one sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Offer valid for all Latitudes tiers: BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, PLATINUM PLUS, or AMBASSADOR.
  • Following the sailing completion, the Latitude points will be added to the applicable accounts.
  • This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetour packages.
  • Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates.
  • Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary onboard service charges and/or gratuities are additional.
  • Applicable to AUSTRALIA, NCL ASIA, NCL BERNE, NCL BRAZIL, NCL FRANKFURT, NCL INTL, NCL LONDON, NCL MEA, NCL MIAMI, NCL OSLO.

7 hours ago, MillCity said:

We are booked on the Getaway for an 11 night cruise in October (October 1st embarkation from Southampton, UK), and we are getting the 3 bonus points per night. So we're racking up 44 points just from this one trip.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, that they will do this with a Panama cruise.

5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

THIS IS NOT CURRENT.

This was the three extra points promotion that ended on Friday 3/31/2023. Sounds like they extended this promotion and added a few TAs.... 

THREE EXTRA LATITUDES POINTS PER NIGHT SELECT CRUISES
Booking Window: February 1 - March 31, 2023 11:59 pm EST
Applicable sailings: 3+ night Alaska & Europe sailings in 2023 on the following ships only:

• Alaska Cruises
    • Norwegian Jewel
    • Norwegian Spirit

• Europe Cruises
    • Norwegian Dawn
    • Norwegian Gem
    • Norwegian Getaway
    • Norwegian Star

Terms & Conditions

• Not applicable to categories IX, OX, BX, MX (Sail Away Categories).
  • Offer is applicable to the 1st and 2nd guest on the reservation only.
  • Two extra Latitudes points are per person, per night on the reservation.
  • Offer is for new individual FIT reservations.
  • Qualifying new individual FIT reservations can be moved into an existing FS or Traditional group and count towards tour conductor credits.
  • Promotion cannot be held as a new or existing traditional or FS group block.
  • Promotion is not applicable to Traditional Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour, NettourC, CHARTERS, CMI OP EVENT, CMI OP LG EVENT, INCREG & INCLARGE.
  • Promotion is not applicable to FS Groups/Type: Affinity, Nettour or NettourC (classification type).
  • Offer is not combinable with charter or inaugural sailings.
  • To take advantage of this offer and ensure receipt of Latitudes benefits on board, guest needs to provide Latitudes membership number at time of booking.
  • In order to qualify guest must be enrolled in the Latitudes program and have completed at least one sailing with Norwegian Cruise Line.
  • Offer valid for all Latitudes tiers: BRONZE, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, PLATINUM PLUS, or AMBASSADOR.
  • Following the sailing completion, the Latitude points will be added to the applicable accounts.
  • This is a cruise only offer. This promotion is not applicable on the land portion of Cruisetour packages.
  • Anything consumed above the promotional benefit will be the responsibility of the guest at prevailing rates.
  • Government taxes, port expenses & fees, discretionary onboard service charges and/or gratuities are additional.
  • Applicable to AUSTRALIA, NCL ASIA, NCL BERNE, NCL BRAZIL, NCL FRANKFURT, NCL INTL, NCL LONDON, NCL MEA, NCL MIAMI, NCL OSLO.

What is Platinum Plus?

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You would have got triple point if you booked by last Friday. 

I did not see any specials for Panama, I must have missed it. Hopefully they will send out email specials, like they did with Europe and Alaska.

Can't find anything on the website or T & C that points to an extension of the triple pt (total of 4) promo that ended 3/31/23.  Where are folks finding this and what extra cruises have been added?

No email here.  We're booked on a Eur. cruise that was booked during the qualifying period but might add on another cruise and promo has ended, AFAIK.   The current T & C ends with CN Double Up and nothing about extra Lat. pts?

This is the email that I got. It definitely says April but when you click the terms and conditions on the bottom, it goes to the standard T&C page on the website which no longer lists anything about the 3 bonus point offer. 

IMG_4526.jpeg

IMG_4527.png

We booked last year and booked under triple points. After the cruise, we noticed we only received double. I went back and forth with NCL but they will not honor the original triple points, even though we had the email and confirmed that our sailing date matched the promotion.  It was really disappointing, as our last cruise should have knocked us to Sapphire, but we’re still 6 points away.

A few years back we had something similar happen and NCL did ultimately credit us the points, but in that case we had booked over the phone and asked them to pull the tapes to listen because we knew the agent had specifically said we’d be getting triple points.