Booking Restaurants tonight at Midnight, Question

js

Hi.

I am going to book our four restaurants tonight, is it correct at 130 days for Haven?

Midnight?

I have two Haven and two Platinum.

We want:
Ocean Blue (perhaps twice)

Maybe Tappanaki

Cagneys

Food Republic 

What order do I need:

Tappanaki first?

Ocean Blue

Food Republic

If we wanted Ocean Blue twice, do I need to call tomorrow?

Thank you.

Teppanyaki first as it's a cover charge restaurant, then the other three. You won't be able to book Ocean Blue twice. We were unable to book Food Republic - not sure it was "sold out" online or just not able to be booked prior to boarding. I think it's not able to be reserved, but could be wrong.

Yes, it's 130 days out. 

Enjoy some yummy food on that cruise of yours! 

16 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.

I am going to book our four restaurants tonight, is it correct at 130 days for Haven?

Midnight? I have two Haven and two Platinum.

We want:
Ocean Blue (perhaps twice)

Maybe Tappanaki

Cagneys

Food Republic 

What order do I need:

Tappanaki first?

Ocean Blue

Food Republic

If we wanted Ocean Blue twice, do I need to call tomorrow?

Thank you.

130 days. Midnight eastern time is the first time reservations open. 

Teppanyaki first, if you want it (we love Teppanyaki for the show and the food) 

Try booking restaurants one at a time. 

Call if you want Ocean Blue twice and it fails on the second reservation attempt.  

We, personally, would pick Le Bistro over Food Republic. We stop at FR for lunch and only need a few dishes between the two of us. 

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

We, personally, would pick Le Bistro over Food Republic. We stop at FR for lunch and only need a few dishes between the two of us. 

That's a great point Bird! We chose Food Republic for lunch, as well. Mainly because I, personally, wanted at least one additional night in the Haven Restaurant. It's so hard to have a lot of specialty meals when you have the Haven. It's just so good. It's repetitive every night, but perfect for (I think) four nights of a seven night cruise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

130 days. Midnight eastern time is the first time reservations open. 

Teppanyaki first, if you want it (we love Teppanyaki for the show and the food) 

Try booking restaurants one at a time. 

Call if you want Ocean Blue twice and it fails on the second reservation attempt.  

Yikes, I forgot. I do want LeBistro. My choices were LeBistro and Ocean Blue.

I told my dh he could chose the other two. Still waiting on that one so if he doesn't figure it out in the 

next 9.5 hours, I will do it for him.

So:
Teppanyaki

Ocean Blue

LeBistro

Ocean Blue (I will need to call tomorrow)

or Food Republic or Q

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Teppanyaki first as it's a cover charge restaurant, then the other three. You won't be able to book Ocean Blue twice. We were unable to book Food Republic - not sure it was "sold out" online or just not able to be booked prior to boarding. I think it's not able to be reserved, but could be wrong.

Yes, it's 130 days out. 

Enjoy some yummy food on that cruise of yours! 

Thank you. I'm like you when you went with your dh. I want to be in the Haven the full time, or most of the time, for dinner. My dh wants to eat out since we will be there for breakfast and lunch.

I will just book and can always change our minds.

Thank you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, js said:

Thank you. I'm like you when you went with your dh. I want to be in the Haven the full time, or most of the time, for dinner. My dh wants to eat out since we will be there for breakfast and lunch.

I will just book and can always change our minds.

Thank you.

Does dh recognize that the breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are different?

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Does dh recognize that the breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are different?

Yes. We sail in Haven on NCL and almost next status after Platinum. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

That's a great point Bird! We chose Food Republic for lunch, as well. Mainly because I, personally, wanted at least one additional night in the Haven Restaurant. It's so hard to have a lot of specialty meals when you have the Haven. It's just so good. It's repetitive every night, but perfect for (I think) four nights of a seven night cruise. 

This is us as well. We had four specialty dinners on our last cruise (two FAS and two Platinum), but only used three. We probably wouldn't have even done that many, but my brother was with us and I knew he would enjoy Moderno.

We always have great service in the Haven restaurant and the limited dinner menu doesn't bother us. We aren't huge fans of the lunch menu, though, so we do try to venture out if we are on the ship.

Hoping someone answers your question about ability to book dining reservations before making final payment.  I am wondering how that works as well.   I’m one of the rare cruisers who prefers specialty dining over the haven restaurant.  Being a no shellfish pescatarian the options are very limited in the haven. 

39 minutes ago, CruisnHallelujahs said:

Hoping someone answers your question about ability to book dining reservations before making final payment.  I am wondering how that works as well.   I’m one of the rare cruisers who prefers specialty dining over the haven restaurant.  Being a no shellfish pescatarian the options are very limited in the haven. 

I will report back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

How did it go?

Went well. I was able to book the four restaurants without any problems.

I would eat in the Haven each night if it were up to me, but we do also eat there for breakfast and lunch.

Haven

Ocean Blue

Q (My dh chose this. I wanted Cagneys this day but only 6 pm and then 8:30 pm was showing, which I thought was strange)

Haven

Cagneys (My dh choise)

LeBistro

Haven

Now to call my TA and pay in full.

130 days to go. Don't want to wish the summer away, I have some great trips planned then too but really looking forward to the cruise. Haven't cruised since February 2019 on MSC Seaside in YC, one of or the last cruise before everything stopped.

Edited by js

Well, you will still have some really phenomenal meals on NCL! I was happy with our choices and did enjoy going to different restaurants. It just meant I had to order multiple entrees in the Haven. You have tons of variety, for sure! 

And hey, if you don't like a meal/are hungry, there's always the Haven to fall back on. We've definitely used this strategy before (after a particularly bad Cagney's meal once). 

Yes, don't wish the summer away, but I hope you have the best of a summer before your cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, js said:

Went well. I was able to book the four restaurants without any problems.

I would eat in the Haven each night if it were up to me, but we do also eat there for breakfast and lunch.

Haven

Ocean Blue

Q (My dh chose this. I wanted Cagneys this day but only 6 pm and then 8:30 pm was showing, which I thought was strange)

Haven

Cagneys (My dh choise)

LeBistro

Haven

Now to call my TA and pay in full.

130 days to go. Don't want to wish the summer away, I have some great trips planned then too but really looking forward to the cruise. Haven't cruised since February 2019 on MSC Seaside in YC, one of or the last cruise before everything stopped.

If you are in the Haven, the concierge can change any reservations you have to the days and times you wanted. So if you wanted Cagney's on a certain night and time, it's an easy fix for them. And I wouldn't worry about a reservation at Q...it is usually empty and you can walk up at any time.

Enjoy your cruise!

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Well, you will still have some really phenomenal meals on NCL! I was happy with our choices and did enjoy going to different restaurants. It just meant I had to order multiple entrees in the Haven. You have tons of variety, for sure! 

And hey, if you don't like a meal/are hungry, there's always the Haven to fall back on. We've definitely used this strategy before (after a particularly bad Cagney's meal once). 

Yes, don't wish the summer away, but I hope you have the best of a summer before your cruise!

Thank you so much! All I want to eat in the Haven at dinner is some veggies, shrimp and lobster, every.single.night LOL  Oh, and a bad salad, I love a bad salad, but that usually means I have to go to the buffet and make it with everything I want.

Just called concierge and changed my ressies:

Haven

Ocean Blue

Cagneys

Haven

LeBistro

Q

Haven

I'm hoping by the time we get to Q, my dh will be so tired of eating, we will stay in the Haven LOL

• Haha 2

There has never been any connection between having had to make final payment and being able to reserve restaurants. The dates just happen to be the same in some countries.

We are always able to make our reservations despite final payment not being for about a month afterwards and when final payment was changed during covid it didn’t make any difference to reservations.