What are the things you ''ALWAYS'' do on a cruise that other people dont.

DarrenM

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Ā 

Dry shave is only for the toughest. Ā Unless the razor happens to be electric, but if it has a blade then it isn't.Ā 

Ā 

I always bring those very small shaveing cream from the travel section of the drug store. Ā Problem is I never know how many shaves are left and should I buy a new one for the next trip or take a chance.Ā 

He appears to travel without a razor - only a blade.
Ā 

Ā When it comes to those mini lather cans, I always use it up upon returning home before going back to my regular - so whenever I travel I bring a full one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Ā 

Ā When it comes to those mini lather cans, I always use it up upon returning home before going back to my regular - so whenever I travel I bring a full one.

Ā 

That is so much common sense, no wonder I didn't think of it. Ā I have worn a beard for years. Ā My shaving happens only when I need to neaten things up. Ā I did take the beard off last week for no other reason than to see if Mrs Ldubs would notice. Ā  She did and told me to grow it back. Ā Not sure what to make of that. Ā Haha.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

Ā 

Our lists would be pretty much identical. Ā The jeans to shorts ratio depends on the weather. Ā 

And if there's a more restricted 'rule' for dinner dressing, i.e., no jeans or shorts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

She did and told me to grow it back. Ā Not sure what to make of that. Ā Haha.Ā 

Obviously she doesn't want others to see how gorgeous you really are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2024 at 11:40 AM, clo said:

We travel with what we call "lounge wear" a title that came from some elastic waist cotton pants and knit tee that my husband bought ages ago. Now it's just anything that we can change into when we go to our cabin. Keeps our real clothes cleaner and less wrinkled. We're pretty religious about this, even do it at home.

Oh my, yes, I hate 'sitting around' in real clothes.Ā  I use pants and a 3/4 sleeve top made out of black Tshirt fabric so I can throw on a scarf and run down for a coffee or whatever.Ā  Very handy at breakfast as well.

• Like 1

No, never seen them.Ā 

My collection of scarves consists of gifts and purchases from over three decades, plus some I knit (or crochet) myself.Ā  I REALLY need to sort through them and get them organised.

Ā 

Looks like those are probably woven, definitely by machine. I'm imagining trying to knit fiber I can barely see, using sewing needles as my knitting needles!

17 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

You do not bring toothpaste? Ā  And it sounds as though you just hold that Ā razor blade in hand and scrape your face with it - I suppose the shower gel the ship provides would soften your whiskers ā€” but stillā€¦..

I am English. We dont clean teeth.

Ā 

OK yes there will be toothpaste too, but its normally "her indoor"s that packs that.

Ā 

And I usually just use the soap for shaving. The room supplied soap.

Ā 

I am not the manicured type. So I dont take that much care or notice.

Ā 

Lifes too short for fellas to spend time manicuring.

Ā 

Ā 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, clo said:

And if there's a more restricted 'rule' for dinner dressing, i.e., no jeans or shorts.

My jeans are the sort that look more like chinos. Dark blue. Always worn them in the dining room. Never been asked to leave. Slim leg ones, because I am a kool kat.

Ā 

I figured if I only have one choice of legwear, I will never have to think about what to wear.

Ā 

Ever.

Ā 

Works for me.

Ā 

And so I only need one pair of shoes. Brown. But I usually try and get away with trainers.

Ā 

I never wear shoes any more at home. No need for them. Even wear trainers on the odd occasion I venture into the office.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

Probably the only good thing to come out of covid.

Ā 

Nobody seems to bother with suits and ties in the office any more. Its all jeans polo shirts and trainers now.

Ā 

Much better and more comfortable than ridiculous suits.

Ā 

A supplier texted me prior to a meeting in the office last week, asking what the dress code was. After winding him up warning him he had to wear a morning suit, I told him he would laughed out of the office if he wore a suit.

Ā 

He came dressed like he was in a 1970 ska band. With full Dr Martin boots.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, ldubs said:

Ā 

That is so much common sense, no wonder I didn't think of it. Ā I have worn a beard for years. Ā My shaving happens only when I need to neaten things up. Ā I did take the beard off last week for no other reason than to see if Mrs Ldubs would notice. Ā  She did and told me to grow it back. Ā Not sure what to make of that. Ā Haha.Ā 

Do you tell your wife what to wear, or how to look?

Ā 

I suspect you wouldnt dream of it.

Ā 

A bit weird that she does it to you.

Ā 

Shave it off to annoy her.

13 hours ago, clo said:

Ā 

I guess it depends on what is included in the designation for jeans. Ā I have a pair of Levi brand that works for the MDR. Ā 

1 hour ago, DarrenM said:

Do you tell your wife what to wear, or how to look?

Ā 

I suspect you wouldnt dream of it.

Ā 

A bit weird that she does it to you.

Ā 

Shave it off to annoy her.

Ā 

Well, I'm not going to tell her to grow a beard. Ā And, I suspect I already do enough, without trying, to annoy Mrs Ldubs.

Ā 

Besides, I would rather like to think @cloĀ had it right in post #154.Ā 

Edited by ldubs
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Probably the only good thing to come out of covid.

Ā 

Nobody seems to bother with suits and ties in the office any more. Its all jeans polo shirts and trainers now.

Ā 

Much better and more comfortable than ridiculous suits.

Ā 

A supplier texted me prior to a meeting in the office last week, asking what the dress code was. After winding him up warning him he had to wear a morning suit, I told him he would laughed out of the office if he wore a suit.

Ā 

He came dressed like he was in a 1970 ska band. With full Dr Martin boots.

My husband spent most of his career at Levi Strauss. As you can imagine, they went casual before hardly any other company. The joke was is you wore a suit to work it meant you were heading out to a job interview.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Ā 

I guess it depends on what is included in the designation for jeans. Ā I have a pair of Levi brand that works for the MDR. Ā 

But not every pair of Levi's would be suitable.

19 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Ā 

And frequently a subject of great debate on these forums.Ā 

I never give gift cards (when you care enough to do the very least) but I recently gave our much love son-in-law a Levi's gift card. The selection seemed endless.

6 minutes ago, clo said:

I never give gift cards (when you care enough to do the very least) but I recently gave our much love son-in-law a Levi's gift card. The selection seemed endless.

Never liked cards, but Iā€™ve streamlined my birthday gift giving: Ā  two bills ā€”- one to pay for the present the other to pay him/her for picking it out (their choice which is for which). Children get a $100 and a $2 (finally a use for those Jeffersonā€™s), grand children (more of them, not as close, and happier with less) get a $50 and a $1. Ā If I ever get great grands theyā€™ll get the full set ($20, $10, $5, $2, and $1) I used to give the grands.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, jsn55 said:

Yes, watching the sailaway from your balcony, NOT the 'sailaway party' on the ship.Ā  With a glass of champagne.Ā  Ā I strive to book an aft-facing balcony when we cruise if the ship has them.Ā  Got one just randomly several years ago and I'm hooked.Ā  Ā Ā 

I love watching everything from my balcony.Ā  On our Alaskan cruise, we got up about 4:30 one morning as we were arriving in Juneau, went down to the buffet and got coffee and tea and sat on the balcony watching the sun come up and we got closer to land.Ā  The scenery was gorgeous and it is one of my favorite cruise memories.Ā  Ā The other one was my first balcony cruise, the Glory with my mom who is now gone.Ā  We were on our balcony in St Thomas as we were leaving port and it was dark.Ā  There were all kinds of people taking flash pictures of our ship from inside a building, I assume was a restaurant.Ā  We felt like royalty, even though they could not see us!Ā Ā 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, JVes said:

The right scarf can elevate the most "athleisure" outfit.

I can wear a simple outfit during the day and elevate to formal wear with a sparkly silver scarf for formal night....maybe even dangly earrings!Ā 

That's as far as I'll go for formal night! šŸ˜†

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lahlah57 said:

I can wear a simple outfit during the day and elevate to formal wear with a sparkly silver scarf for formal night....maybe even dangly earrings!Ā 

That's as far as I'll go for formal night! šŸ˜†

Ā 

I think I could get away with the scarf, but Mrs Ldubs isn't likely to loan me dangly earrings.Ā šŸ˜ƒ

• Like 1