Long Review of Celebration, March 26-April 2

Astromaid

7 hours ago, Astromaid said:

I assumed that a review should explore both good and bad aspects, but I have read that my review is very negative

I thought it was a great review, both good and bad points; agreed with a lot of it.  Especially access to more food in the late evening.  Thanks for taking the time to share.  

• Like 7

Thanks for the wonderful review, I loved all the details! We have the Celebration booked for a back to back but not until May 2024. Your review gave me a real feel for what it will be like, can’t wait! 

Edited by LaRue1975
  • Like 1

Thanks for the honest review both good and bad from your perspective. We check-in next Sunday and sail on the Celebration April 30th. I am excited to see the new ship and to be enjoying all the places to eat on board.

• Like 1

Great review!  My mom and I cruised on MG and loved all the positive aspects you pointed out.  We were in an interior and yes, it was cramped!  I got a deal of $65/person for the week so we were very happy to be there but next time...a balcony!😁

• Like 1

Thank you for all the good info and honest opinions. When I started reading reviews about this class of ships I wasn't impressed enough to want to book. I really like the Vista class.

Then I got an unexpected offer for a free cruise so decided it was as good a time as any to give it a look see. It's not until beginning of Sept but I'm starting to look forward to checking it out.

New food, new entertainment, new bars all sound great! Unfortunately I will be in an inside cabin and they do look tiny but I tried to compensate a bit by getting a spa cabin, maybe I will be offered an upsell at some point.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, Astromaid said:

Again, I apologize if I seem too negative, that was not my intention. On the whole, I had a great time and loved the cruise. 

Too many travel agents on the boards these days that want to sugar coat all aspects of cruising and portray it as a perfect dream world. Service, entertainment, and food can never be bad, and we are bad people if we ever think either. 

• Like 2

I appreciate that you took the time to do this. I am a "Norweenie" (I pretty much stick with NCL) but do have a cruise booked next year on the Celebration. I am trying to get myself familiar with how Carnival does things so this was helpful. Last time I cruised on Carnival was more than 25 years ago! So it's good to bone up on what they are all about now. 

• Like 1

Great review.  We were on Celebration  March 19 and did the same itinerary.  Beautiful ship, great food and great entertainment.  We stayed in a Havana Cabana which was disappointing compared to Horizon Havana area.  We had a great cruise otherwise and loved the ship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leen729 said:

Great review.  We were on Celebration  March 19 and did the same itinerary.  Beautiful ship, great food and great entertainment.  We stayed in a Havana Cabana which was disappointing compared to Horizon Havana area.  We had a great cruise otherwise and loved the ship.

I have booked a Havana Cabana room on Horizon for 2025.  What did you find to be different/disappointing in Celebration's Havana Cabana/Havana area?  TIA!

23 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I have booked a Havana Cabana room on Horizon for 2025.  What did you find to be different/disappointing in Celebration's Havana Cabana/Havana area?  TIA!

Havana area on Horizon is much bigger and is at the back of the ship.  It has a much bigger pool than Celebration, more deck chairs and two hot tubs.  There was always a security guard on duty keeping people out who did not belong there.  Celebration had the towel guy checking wrist bands and he was not always around.  We also did not get the frozen fruit on Celebration as we did on Havana.  We loved Celebration but would not stay in Havana again on that ship.

• Thanks 1

On 4/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, Oceansaway17 said:

Is the serenity area free and for adults?

I am on this ship for Thanksgiving this year.  Glad to hear omelets are good

Yes, Serenity is free.   It's a nice area and the salad bar (Fresh Creations) is really good.   It will normally be pretty windy while sailing, though.  

Adults only allowed (I think it is age 16+).  

On 4/7/2023 at 12:48 AM, momof3cruisers said:

We wholeheartedly agree that the lack of food choices at night is just ridiculous.

After sailing on Mardi Gras, I nicknamed the overnight hours after 10 pm "The Dark Times."  Even the Deli closed at 10 pm and on every other ship in the fleet it closes at 11.    And there was always a Late Night Snacks or Pizza Pirate "Plus" option......   But not on Mardi Gras and sadly, not on Celebration either.  

• Like 1